Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

Wife bought herself flowers on Thursday. I saw them on the kitchen island and thought "Well, we don't need that many lavender roses", so I didn't get her any new flowers for Mother's Day. She thought I was a monster for not getting her flowers anyway, and said the only reason she bought those flowers was because she thought by the time I got them, they would be the leftovers... Maybe, maybe not, but I thought it was pretty bullshit.

Also, I hate getting gifts from her and the kids. It's usually shit I don't want, and it just sits there collecting dust.

She's been on a shopping spree lately, buying a lot of shoes, and also a $1800 Gucci bag. So... I don't get her anything for Mother's Day, and she was pissed. Her reasoning was "You know what I want."  Well, no, because I don't know how to read your fucking mind, and plus you've spend $2,000+ on yourself over the past month and I didn't know you needed anything else.

She's still pissed and I haven't spoken to her since Sunday. Sometimes it's easier to just put on my earphones and ignore her for a few days on end... yeah, we'll probably split up after the kids are out of the house.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Superhero said:

Wife bought herself flowers on Thursday. I saw them on the kitchen island and thought "Well, we don't need that many lavender roses", so I didn't get her any new flowers for Mother's Day. She thought I was a monster for not getting her flowers anyway, and said the only reason she bought those flowers was because she thought by the time I got them, they would be the leftovers... Maybe, maybe not, but I thought it was pretty bullshit.

Also, I hate getting gifts from her and the kids. It's usually shit I don't want, and it just sits there collecting dust.

She's been on a shopping spree lately, buying a lot of shoes, and also a $1800 Gucci bag. So... I don't get her anything for Mother's Day, and she was pissed. Her reasoning was "You know what I want."  Well, no, because I don't know how to read your fucking mind, and plus you've spend $2,000+ on yourself over the past month and I didn't know you needed anything else.

She's still pissed and I haven't spoken to her since Sunday. Sometimes it's easier to just put on my earphones and ignore her for a few days on end... yeah, we'll probably split up after the kids are out of the house.

sounds like a win for you, didn't have to spend extra and get some peace and quiet

I tell her she's not my mother. I take the kids somewhere and tell them to pick stuff out for Mothers Day. They get things they think she likes. I veto some things (no, we're not getting her a pack of spearmint gum. Keep looking.) and make some suggestions. They got her flowers, chocolate, and some new slippers since she's been complaining about hers. I paid for it. She knows that. But I wasn't even in the room when they gave her their gifts.

I got flowers for my mom.

If the kids are old enough, let them shop for her. If she doesn't like the gifts tell her to complain to the kids. If the kids are really little, then you need to step up even if she already got the same thing. If she complains, tell her you bought yours first (even if you didn't).

42 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

shocked ron burgundy GIF

Yeah. After 15 years of marriage, I’m pretty clear we have little in common other than we enjoy the occasional sexy time.

She shows no appreciation and only points things out when I’ve screwed up.

Her choice of words and tone or voice is a mix of exasperation, condescension, and passive aggression. She regularly makes the kids cry and pisses me off so much that I put on my earphones and block her out.

Don’t get me wrong. She’s a good mom, and without her my kids would go barefoot and wear potato sacks. They would be latchkey kids without supervision.

But nowadays I don’t want anything to do with her because inevitably it’ll end in an argument. 

1 hour ago, Budkudzu said:

I got the cards and flowers for her.  Mrs. K was pissed that i hadn't mailed the card.  I told her it wasn't necessary since we lived in the same house.  Handing it over shows that I really don't care.  

FML

I’m sorry wait- your wife wanted you to mail a card to your own house?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Yeah. After 15 years of marriage, I’m pretty clear we have little in common other than we enjoy the occasional sexy time.

Her choice of words and tone or voice is a mix of exasperation, condescension, and passive aggression. She regularly makes the kids cry and pisses me off so much that I put on my earphones and block her out.

Don’t get me wrong. She’s a good mom, and without her my kids would go barefoot and wear potato sacks. They would be latchkey kids without supervision.

But nowadays I don’t want anything to do with her because inevitably it’ll end in an argument. 

Man I don't know some of you guys live like this. Most days my wife is the only person I know I like. That includes my kids who are both teenagers and therefore by definition assholes.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I got the cards and flowers for her.  Mrs. K was pissed that i hadn't mailed the card.  I told her it wasn't necessary since we lived in the same house.  Handing it over shows that I really don't care.  
FML

That’s a good one - sorry for you?
Do you require postage stamped from the North Pole for Christmas?

Hook’em!!!

I’ll have been married 31 years in a couple weeks (5/23) and I’ve told her over those decades that I’d never would’ve married her if I knew she was anti-football!!! Over the years we’ve both digressed the two weekend windows of watching the Horns on Saturday and Cowboys on Sunday.

I DVR both for personal respective, if needed/required, but I DONT watch either not being live.

She could care less - yada yada and goes to another room during those, but is “glad” when each teams season has come to a conclusion.

Hook’em!!!

21 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

You never go wrong with flowers. Don't question, just get them. Not sure? Get them. Sure? Get them. Think there's zero reason to get them? Get them.

Okay, well, uh... candlesticks always make a nice gift, and uh, maybe you could find out where she's registered and maybe a place-setting or maybe a silverware pattern. Okay, let's get two!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Stuff comes in waves when you’re married. I’ve had some months or maybe a year where I feel just like what you’re experiencing, I believe most people in long term marriages do. Then after some time and without realizing it you find yourself back where you began and can’t imagine your life without her. Sucks you’re on the low point, hang in there and ride it out and hopefully things will get better.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

I’ll have been married 31 years in a couple weeks (5/23) and I’ve told her over those decades that I’d never would’ve married her if I knew she was anti-football!!! Over the years we’ve both digressed the two weekend windows of watching the Horns on Saturday and Cowboys on Sunday.

I DVR both for personal respective, if needed/required, but I DONT watch either not being live.

She could care less - yada yada and goes to another room during those, but is “glad” when each teams season has come to a conclusion.

Hook’em!!!

That is a serious, inexcusable vetting failure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

My wife: "We should go out on a date."

Me: "With each other? Gross."

Louis has a great bit in his new special about dating at his age and runs through what going on a date is like and then says "and then you get home and your wife is pissed at you".

On 5/16/2023 at 2:46 AM, Superhero said:

IDK the feminine mind but I firmly believe that when they buy something that usually comes from a husband or boyfriend, it's because they're thinking "he's not going to get them for me, so I'll get them for myself". Or it's a challenge to see how you'll respond, maybe expecting you to buy enough flowers for  a Mafia Don's funeral to prove you  care more. And I'm lucky in the purse department. I once told my wife I was going to buy her and my daughters Coach purses for Christmas. She said she would be mad and I was a fool if I spent more than $40 for a purse. And whatever I picked was going to be wrong anyway, because women are too damn particular about what they want in a purse.  

On 5/16/2023 at 10:16 PM, Superhero said:

Sorry SH. As others have said, that’s no way to live. You really need some marriage counseling. It won’t get better unless you’re intentional about it. 

My middle daughter and my son both got married in the last few months. Among the advice that I gave both of them was that although it is great that they’re marrying the one that they love, the only way to make it work is to love the one you’re married to. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/17/2023 at 10:40 AM, BHMCruiser said:

My wife: "We should go out on a date."

Me: "With each other? Gross."

When she says "we should" my brain automatically turns off. It's a defense mechanism to keep me from either getting ragey, or saying something that I'll regret later. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

My wife last night: "I really need to do something fun. I need more fun in my life."

Me: "Do you want to go out this weekend? We could get a sitter and go out with x couple or y couple. Maybe try new restaurant z."

My wife: "What? No. I don't want to go out. I've got too much to do and going out just adds more pressure."

Me: "LOL OK"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, BHMCruiser said:

My wife last night: "I really need to do something fun. I need more fun in my life."

Me: "Do you want to go out this weekend? We could get a sitter and go out with x couple or y couple. Maybe try new restaurant z."

My wife: "What? No. I don't want to go out. I've got too much to do and going out just adds more pressure."

Dude, she was trolling for buttseks.

• Drool 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

Every "we should" costs about 10K

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

When she says "we should" my brain automatically turns off. It's a defense mechanism to keep me from either getting ragey, or saying something that I'll regret later. 

3 hours ago, BHMCruiser said:

She's trying to tell you she's getting some on the side, without telling you she's getting some on the side. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, nnm said:

Sorry SH. As others have said, that’s no way to live. You really need some marriage counseling. It won’t get better unless you’re intentional about it. 

My middle daughter and my son both got married in the last few months. Among the advice that I gave both of them was that although it is great that they’re marrying the one that they love, the only way to make it work is to love the one you’re married to. 

We got marriage counseling in the past - primarily because we disagreed on how to raise the kids; and also because I had a terrible temper.

I met with an amazing counselor who really helped with my temper. I’d like to think I’m more even keeled than her now. 

A lot of our trouble these days is because of the way she yells at the kids. According to her, she’s not angry, just passionate. 

🤔

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, nnm said:

Kinky!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

My wife was getting on me about my dresser top being messy.  I clean it only to discover half of the stuff was hers, and about 1/4 was the kids.  I remark that her computer is there.   She moves her computer.   Several days later she is annoyed and frustrated, she cannot find her computer.  Guess whose fault it was?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We got marriage counseling in the past - primarily because we disagreed on how to raise the kids; and also because I had a terrible temper.
I met with an amazing counselor who really helped with my temper. I’d like to think I’m more even keeled than her now. 
A lot of our trouble these days is because of the way she yells at the kids. According to her, she’s not angry, just passionate. 

2287b7b31f98100c3282093e7f5e9aba.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1