ESPN GAME DAY

Steamboat1874

47 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

Seriously?

Take a look. There is a professional blue/white ACC sign (that has been at every Gameday this year) and I saw a similarly made sign for VT as well today.

It’s been well documented that the ACC has been asking ESPN for more money but has only got some additional promotional considerations.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Espn likely to have direct-to-consumer streaming service sometime in 2025.

https://www.thewrap.com/espn-dtc-transition-first-priority-bob-iger-kevin-mayer/ 

Below tweet thx to @mdmost 

Supposed to be $40-ish. 

MAX’s Turner Sports add on is going be 10 bucks. Yes ESPN’s inventory is infinitely larger, but Max is going to get there first and possibly set expectations on what people will pay to stream sports. 

• 2 weeks later...

Haha that game day kicking fail was awesome. You could tell they were preparing for that but then not prepared for him to not make it. Haha the guy had cleats on…but left the sunglasses on…and they blocks it. “Biggest crowd at game day ever!! Ruff ruff ruff” “NO MONEY TODAY. Back to you rece!” 

And if someone can switch over to fox and go back about a minute…can see the newbie throwing up what most of us would say is a gang sign after a little kid runs it in for a touchdown on one of those dumb “play breakdowns” with then the awkward “ooo you’re going to be in trouble when you get home. We’ll be back shortly” oh man. A morning of wtfs on the morning shows. You can’t be throwing up a sign if you’re hosting a show on fox, are you….nvm…

of course Desmond brings up the tried and true " Texas beat an entirely different team in Tuscaloosa in Sept than they are now, Texas doesnt want to play Bama now"

bullshit.

Texas is an entirely different team as well.  but you wont talk about that because of the desperation to get Bama another shot at a title. 

also,  the 2 damn evangelists with the Jesus sign being in FULL view at all times.... really? every single time they change the camera angle, they immediately get back in the screen.

its a damn football game. and its  Saturday, go preach tomorrow and leave the rest of us alone 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

fucking ESPN and gameday, yet again pushing the fucking agenda that if Bama wins, they absolutely are in the CFP, even if that means putting them above Texas

"they are the most improved team of the year"

who the fuck cares

when Bama is undefeted and loses to auburn... they get in because bama

when bama has lost a game and win the sec championship, they get in because bama

its like they make up an excuse that if bama loses late, its because rivalry. if they lose early, its because they werent yet a team. 

Its fucking aggravating as fuck. 

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

jesus this kick for money contest has been a failure for the whole fucking year.

out of the 13/14 money kicks only 2 that I can remember looked anything like a fucking FG attempt and not some half assed attempt to toe-punt it.

why the fuck do people who know they have ZERO athletic ability sign up for that shit?  These folks kicking for the tuition money get NOTHING  if they dont kick it, so why the fuck would you even sign up if you have "never kicked any ball of any kind" in your entire life.....   unlike the idiots who cant throw a ball in the Dr Pepper Chest Pass challenges, those folks are guaranteed some $$$ money just to be there, so them signing up to look like a fool for $20k makes sense.   

Signing up to look like a complete unathletic idiot that doesnt get a fucking dime, yeah sign me up...

and I love ya Corso. You made my college football fandom so much better these last 30 years man. 

Edited by AUS-97HORN
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/18/2023 at 10:21 AM, Biff Tannen said:

bcc83412-13e0-4da3-bc71-8a0d461b08d3_tex

He lived in Austin for a long time and worked for Austin Chronicle reporting on sports and UT football, has been longtime famous on the internet from Pro Football Talk blogs/comment section with Mike Florio and has the most viewed sports podcast in America.

Edited by StassneyHorn

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

pretty sure there will be 2 more gamedays.... the day of the semis and the final

True, I guess I just don’t consider those true Gamedays with only 1/2 games going on and not at a campus. 

Even when they are at the SEC championship every year it looks sterile inside of that hall. 

Just now, Pancho said:

For McAfee? It has nothing to do with money. He said there were a lot of complaints about him and how he’s not for everybody. 

He's not for me.  While he sometimes offers good insights, ESPN has been trending downward ever since it decided to make Stephen A Smith a star, and McAfee makes that trend worse.

Whatever happened to the guys who knew sports and were funny?

• Hook 'Em 1