Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

1 hour ago, Michael Knight said:

How does Anthony Hill compare to Harold Perkins, also can we get Perkins from the portal

No shit. Mentioned in the other thread, if we* ain't tampering here, we* ain't doing it right.

*With the full recognition a broke ass mofo like myself shouldn't even breath the word "we" with what others in this thread have done for my Alma... Cheers to you gentlemen!

9 minutes ago, RichUT said:

No one overreacts to the outcome of the game when recruits are visiting quite like Texas fans.

this one matters.  huge recruiting weekend.  our 5-star quarterback looks like case mccoy’s backup and sark looks like an inept fucking mouth-breathing fuckwit.  it’s a disaster. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, futureman said:

this one matters.  huge recruiting weekend.  our 5-star quarterback looks like case mccoy’s backup and sark looks like an inept fucking mouth-breathing fuckwit.  it’s a disaster. 

For once, you aren’t trolling. 

This program never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity. 

11 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Sark seems to fall back into run, run, deep shot against these drop 8 defenses and it just doesn't work. We only moved the ball once we started hitting intermediate stuff.

His favorite is incomplete deep pass to worthy, followed by a predictable run with Bijan to the outside then it’s dealers choice how he screws up 3 & 10. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Not just "not improving". He's regressing, and in a big way. He's missing throws he was making earlier in the season.

He’s clearly shook, at that point it’s on your coach to either bench him, or get him some easier throws to get in a groove. This run or deep pass bullshit we do for long stretches ain’t helping.

• Like 1

Is it normal for 9.95ers to be so negative.

We have one side of the spectrum of a&m not saying much bad (until this season) and then you have OB,247 and IT tweet things about bad coaching, plays, and stats. of course the texas coaches do it to them selves but do other 9.95ers do it?

Again, all of what they’re saying is true but recruits see that and their parents. At least for the most part A&M’s all Russia over there not letting anything out then you have us over here spilling the tea.

22 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Eh, it looks like Quinn is trying too hard to put up numbers. Which I think is pretty standard for first year QBs. Hopefully he bounces back. 

Pretty sure he would have tossed it to a wide-open Bijan Robinson for a TD if he was just "trying too hard" to put up numbers.

• Hook 'Em 2

Recruits don't care about individual wins and losses, they care about the trajectory of the program. Players care about wins and losses and if Sark hasn't lost the locker room then everything should be fine. That's not even accounting for NIL pretty much being 1 2 and usually 3 in priority for recruits

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I usually take the rest of the weekend off of the board after a loss. However I'll take a second to say that the defense played fantastic, and this game ultimately needed to sell our defensive recruits in my opinion. I think Duce is probably out, but otherwise everyone else can get pitched on early playing time. If anything the coaching staff has maintained a "the best will play," mantra and it shows. 

• Like 3

We needed to make a statement and that statement is we suck still and regression is still there. Bijan dances around so fucking much it’s nauseating.  Quinn has regressed so much he wouldn’t make the 2 deep at some d2 program. The defense flexed legit muscle tonight and played balls out. Sark still fucking blows.  6 points in 6 qtrs of offense but we aren’t aggy