Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

21 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Justin Benton locks in official visit to Texas

Gerry Hamilton•8 minutes

Article written by:Gerry Hamilton

GHamilton_On3

(Tim Warner/Getty Images)

Justin Benton has locked in an official date to check out the Texas Longhorns.

The On3 Consensus 3-star defensive tackle and West Virginia verbal informed Inside Texas Thursday afternoon that he is scheduled to officially visit Texas December 3-5.

The 6-foot-0 3/4, 280 pound wrecking ball was offered by the Longhorns October 28. He posted a picture of Texas sophomore defensive tackle Byron Murphy II in the offer tweet, which is the player Benton reminds the Texas staff of most.

The Longhorns main competition for the West Virginia “soft commit” is currently Arkansas. Benton made an official visit to Arkansas last weekend.

Justin Benton File

The Peach State prospect committed to the Mountaineers June 18 over finalists Tennessee, Mississippi State, Georgia, Houston, Nebraska, Duke and Penn State. He made an official visit to West Virginia June 3. 

Benton played his freshman and sophomore seasons Newton High (Covington, Ga.) before transferring to IMG Academy for his junior campaign. He transferred back to Newton High for his senior season. The quick and powerful defensive tackle with a non-stop motor posted 37 tackles, eight tackles for loss and three sacks in the first four games on the 2022 season. He posted 76 tackles, 19 tackles for loss and nine sacks as a freshman bursting onto the recruiting scene. 

Benton’s father is former Georgia Bulldogs linebacker Phillip Benton. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

10 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere and the language used seems dubious.  If so, we just fabricated an off-ramp for Putin?

https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/11/11/breaking-vladimir-putin-offered-surrender-terms-by-the-west-after-humiliating-kherson-loss/

I don't think we have the numbers for Putin at this point.  He should go to A&M to play QB as they need all the help they can get. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, justhookit said:

The fish. It’s a barracuda. There’s really nothing to not get. But yeah seems like that fish has been in other edits too? I don’t usually pay much attention to the graphics.

Yeah, I get that it's a barracuda. I just don't get why it is in the graphic. I guess it is better than holding a turkey, though. Personally, I would have gone with a hairless cat like Dr. Evil.

Edited by Bevo

2 hours ago, RabidM said:

Why is he holding a fish?  And I assume we're a hat on the table here... I suppose they're going to claim a head to head victory for some recruiting momentum. 

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I don't get it.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, I get that it's a barracuda. I just don't get why it is in the graphic. I guess it is better than holding a turkey, though. Personally, I would have gone with a hairless cat like Dr. Evil.

I gotta spoiler this shit.

Spoiler

fish4.thumb.jpeg.e980580c4136becb99b8c3958342e158.jpeg

fish3.thumb.png.388ee066986b20ca80f552604bc64508.png

fish2.thumb.jpeg.287951fea1433a823f0ae82e4094e181.jpeg

fish1.thumb.jpeg.03290476976d65798806b57fc72798ad.jpeg

Of all the stupid shit aggy does, this is the thing that you can't wrap your brain around? What's not to get about a fish in a recruit photo?

Edited by Hornlover
  • Haha 5