Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

People get excited every year about the recruiting class, but a lot of guys aren't of high enough quality to win a national championship.
Mitchell has the size and raw talent to be a key component of a national title team. When your DL and OL is large and talented, playoffs become realistic. The recruiting is really improving. 

Edit: Williams also in and he’s another title quality guy. 

The recruiting on the lines is the best thing this staff has done. It’s been clearly elevated.

LSU tears on Williams 

Screenshot_20221221-073612_Chrome.thumb.jpg.699eb3ffdc38a2d9bfd67e2cb58d8ea0.jpg

Hahahahahahaha how does anyone affiliated with LSU type that with a straight face?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Since we don’t have much else to discuss…

I’m mesmerized by the signing on plexiglass bit on the official tweets. Guess they filmed from behind the glass and then “flip” the video so it plays from a mirror angle? I mean these guys are talented but they’re not signing their names backwards.

Quality stuff

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Williams, Wisner, Mitchell, Burrell, Niblett… everyone with a degree of uncertainty in the past week (even if there wasn’t much going into to today) already in. House money at this point.

giphy.gif

So then now what?

Are they trying to reel in someone new or just going to celebrate?

Pretty impressed how stress free today has started.

5 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Can’t wait to read IT, 247, and OB’s spring scrimmage write ups. I expect glowing reports on the early enrollees’ calves, forearms, and bone structure. These guys will be “SEC ready” and “turning heads” per sources.

Oh God, I hadn't thought about the "SEC ready" reports that are coming.  

9 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Can’t wait to read IT, 247, and OB’s spring scrimmage write ups. I expect glowing reports on the early enrollees’ calves, forearms, and bone structure. These guys will be “SEC ready” and “turning heads” per sources.

I'm told they all look good on the hoof

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ATXhorn17 said:

IT Update: “We aren’t making promises, but sources are quietly confident that Arch Manning’s arrival has flipped a switch with Quinn Ewers. He may never reach Hudson Card’s ceiling, but early returns are trending upwards like the stock of an unprofitable tech company in 2020.”

• Haha 8