Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

18 hours ago, Shaggyhorn said:

ND losing and Aggie struggling, maybe losing, is nothing but great for us with recruiting. Dang good day even with the loss and Ewers being hurt

17 hours ago, Mdhorn said:

Need USC to lose too.

Watching the USC-Stanford highlights from yesterday that ain't something we can depend on. Caleb Williams, Jordan Addison, & Mario Williams in Lincoln Riley's offense is gonna be a problem for the Pac-12.

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Trev Alberts is their athletic director?  Was Nebraska trying to win a contest to see if anyone could top Matt Millen and Mike Mayock in disastrous hires of loudmouth tv talking heads to jobs with actual responsibility?

Yeah, he also got put in a disaster situation left by predecessor.  He's only been on just about a year and got Frost to agree to restructure his contract for 2022 cutting the buyout in half (assuming they are paying him on the new contract amount that doesn't start until Oct 1).. He had to do the same thing with their basketball coach.  Both were given really bad (for NU) contracts with large buyouts. He basically got them both to agree they were robbing the university with their poor job performance.

4 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

I'd like Jayvon Thomas and Jordan Hall to round this class out. Damon Wilson would be nice too but until he visits that's a pipe dream to me.

29 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Has Jordan Hall visited?

Yeah unless they're from a neighboring state, I don't get UT recruiting fans getting their hopes up for OOS recruits who haven't even visited UT yet. People kept making a big deal about Damon Wilson & now it looks like he'll commit elsewhere in the next couple weeks.

14 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Almost looked like Cook gave Muhammad an elbow after getting back up
image.png.35b67011cbe0b9ce3c588f657b3b8066.png

Is that really a highlight play?  that ball was horribly under thrown and late.  Muhammad had him covered up if not for the ball placement would’ve been in good position to make a play.

so good play for both croots?

5 minutes ago, Dr.Dre said:

Is that really a highlight play?  that ball was horribly under thrown and late.  Muhammad had him covered up if not for the ball placement would’ve been in good position to make a play.

so good play for both croots?

Cook won the ball. 50/50 playscan be the difference in a pay check 

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Not a single $9.95 update on Akana?

This is all I could find so far on any of the recruits per IT:

Recruits React: Texas Longhorns targets talk UT-Alabama game, visit (More Updates, 4:30pm)

Justin Wells•09/10/22

Article written by:Justin Wells

(Will Gallagher/IT)

Texas went toe-to-toe with the No. 1 ranked Alabama Crimson Tide in a 20-19 defeat on Saturday from DKR-Texas Memorial Stadium. The Horns hosted a number of recruits and commits on the big day on the Forty Acres.

Jalen Hale, WR, Longview (Texas)

Quick note on the On3 four-star on his official visit in Austin this weekend. 

Hale is thoroughly enjoying his official trip to Texas and was definitely impressed by the game and atmosphere. He’s fan of Quinn Ewers, Xavier Worthy and Steve Sarkisian’s strong offensive game-plan. But more important, his family is feeling those vibes as well. 

Hale and his family will leave tomorrow and we’ll have an update soon after from the Texas target. 

Derion Gullette, EDGE/LB, Teague (Texas) – #AllGasNoBrakes

“Bro, that game was crazy. Texas could definitely play for the Big 12 (championship) easily.” 

Michael Uini, OL, Copperas Cove (Texas) – 2024

“It was an awesome experience for my first time going to a college football game. I noticed that the student section were there 30 minutes before the gates even opened. All throughout the game the fans were crazy loud. Just shows how much Texas fans love their team.”

Connor Stroh, OL, Frisco (Texas) Wakeland – #AllGasNoBrakes

“An absolutely unbelievable experience – a perfect example of why I picked Texas.  I love this team and the coaches.  I hate that Quinn got hurt but putting that performance together just shows where it is going.  I cannot wait to get down here in January and learn everything I can.”

Derrick McFall, ATH, Tyler (Texas) – 2024 

“A great game from both Texas and Alabama. (How Texas finished) really stood out the most.” 

ADDED at 4:38pm —————

Jaydon Chatman, OL, Harker Heights (Texas) – #AllGasNoBrakes

“Man, it was such a great game. It could even be one of the best games so far this season of college football. The environment was crazy and the fans were so into it and the players fed off of that energy and it was just in all an amazing game even though we lost, it was still a great performance.”

Andre Cojoe, OL, Mansfield (Texas) Timberview – #AllGasNoBrakes

“It was a great game. We should’ve left with the win, but it’s was still great to see my team compete very well with a SEC team.”

Trevor Goosby, OL, Melissa (Texas) – #AllGasNoBrakes

“It was an awesome game to witness. Texas definitely has the potential to be very good over time. The new coaching staff is super exciting and definitely can lead us to the promise land. Overall, a pretty good day for Texas football despite losing.”

Hunter Moddon, ATH, Houston (Texas) Clear Lake – #AllGas24

“The game was amazing. They played until the last whistle. Total team effort. They picked Alabama to beat us by 20 and we held them! This was an amazing experience and I can’t wait to join the family!”

Trey Owens, QB, Cypress (Texas) Cy-Fair – 2024

“It was absolutely crazy. The fact that the fans were on their feet for the whole 60 minutes and didn’t stop cheering (really stood out).” 

Riley Wormley, RB, Colleyville (Texas) Heritage – 2025

“I love the environment, and the atmosphere was electric. I’m very grateful for the opportunity! Texas has a great future, especially entertaining the SEC soon. I think they will improve a lot off of the against Alabama. They have a great defense and they have gotten a lot better as a team.” 

• Hook 'Em 1