What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While I respect the whistleblower more because he took a definitive stand, I thought the way Mueller wrote the report was clever.  He laid out enough incriminating facts but left it up to everyone else to decide what to do with those facts.  People got pissed at him because he didn’t want to be the judge, jury, or some minister of truth.  

The Mueller report to Congress was like Bobby three sticks saying, “I can tell you what happened but y’all are going to have to do your fucking jobs.  I’m not here to save you.” 

People can view that as cowardice but the real cowards are the folks in power that did nothing with the facts Mueller handed them. 

I get it.

I just think that the gravity of the situation deserved a little more than bureaucratic i-dotting and t-crossing.

If my house is on fire, I don’t want my smoke alarm to quietly send an obscure notification to an app buried somewhere on my phone.  I want it to wake up the whole block.

• Like 3

Yes. We all also remember that the GOP set lying about a blowjob as the standard for impeachment. 

For the GOP

Lying about a blowjob = impeachable offense, Bad!

Fucking everything this country used to stand for up the ass with no lube, or reacharound = Troubling at first, but one they find out no reacharound, Good! A reacharound would make it gay. 

• Like 1

The whistleblower alleged a Trump coverup. A former insider explains how it worked.

One of the most explosive claims in the now-released whistleblower complaint is that White House officials sought to cover up the details of the July 25th call that President Trump held with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky.

In that call, we’ve now learned, Trump pressured his counterpart to interfere in a U.S. election on his behalf, by digging up dirt on potential opponent Joe Biden. The whistleblower claimed he’d learned of a broad-based campaign to engineer this foreign interference well beyond that one phone call.

The whistleblower reported that White House officials were “deeply disturbed” by Trump’s call with Zelensky, concluding that “they had witnessed the president abuse his office for personal gain.” After that, the whistleblower claimed, White House officials sought to “lock down” the details of that call.

How? Officials were “directed” by White House lawyers to “remove the electronic transcript from the computer system in which such transcripts are typically stored,” and load it on to a “separate electronic system” normally used for “classified information of an especially sensitive nature.”

And the whistleblower claimed this happened repeatedly.

This abuse of power is worse than it first appears, once you drill down into the details of how this likely worked and what it means.

For such an explanation, I spoke to Ned Price, a former senior director at the National Security Council, the president’s advisory team on national security and foreign policy matters. An edited and condensed transcript of our conversation follows.

Plum Line: The whistleblower describes a computer system in which transcripts — like this one of the call — are “typically stored for coordination, finalization, and distribution to cabinet level officials.” Can you describe this system?

Price: That’s an allusion to a system that National Security Council staffers use to conduct the vast majority of classified business — to communicate about classified matters. That system can accommodate material that is classified up to the level of Top Secret.

What other types of things are stored on this system?

It’s 99.9 percent of the classified business that the NSC does. Correspondence with the State Department. Correspondence with the intelligence community. Correspondence with others in the policy community. This is essentially the go-to computer system for nearly all classified business of the NSC staff.

The whistleblower complaint then says the transcript was loaded into a “separate electronic system that is otherwise used to store and handle classified information of an especially sensitive nature.” Can you describe that system?

As described in the complaint, this is a system to which very few people on the NSC staff have access. These staffers form part of what is known as the NSC Directorate for Intelligence Programs. These are the very few career officials whose job is to oversee and safeguard the most sensitive information.

This system can retain information up to the classification level that’s known as Top Secret//Codeword. That refers to a series of special compartments within the realm of Top Secret information.

How large a group in this directorate would have access to this?

No more than a handful. They are career officials from within the intelligence community who have, throughout their professional lives, dealt with extraordinarily sensitive information. They come from the CIA, the National Security Agency, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, among other departments and agencies.

Unlike other career officials who may come from non-intelligence community components, they are specially trained to safeguard and protect Top Secret//Codeword information.

What type of material is generally stored on this much more sensitive system?

It is supposed to be the most sensitive information within our government’s possession. Notionally speaking, that could include covert action programs overseen by NSC staff but run by the CIA. It could include extraordinarily sensitive intelligence information that emanates from the most precious intelligence sources.

There is supposed to be a bare minimum of information on that system because it is so highly protected and segregated from other classified systems.

Is it unusual to store something like this call transcript on there?

The whistleblower says one White House official described this act as an “abuse of this electronic system, because the call did not contain anything remotely sensitive from a national security perspective.”

The executive order that governs classified information specifically forbids classification in order to protect information that’s embarrassing or otherwise politically sensitive. This is something Congress would want to look at.

This system is highly regulated and protected with the most rigorous safeguards available. The introduction of any materials that don’t meet that very high threshold corrupts the integrity of that system. It’s now going to be under tremendous scrutiny, including by Congress.

This has the potential to make information that should be on the system more vulnerable and expose it to additional eyeballs and to additional risk, which has the potential to do tremendous harm.

An appendix in the whistleblower complaint says, “according to White House officials I spoke with, this was not the first time under this administration that a presidential transcript was placed into this codeword-level system, solely for the purpose of protecting politically sensitive — rather than national security sensitive — information.”

Is placing anything in this system because of its political sensitivity itself an abuse of power? What does it mean that it may have happened multiple times?

It means officials leveraged infrastructure designed to protect our most sensitive secrets to protect the president himself.

What recourse is there at this point?

Congress needs to determine if these calls represented additional attempts by Trump to put his own personal and political interests ahead of the national interest. Congress must also scrutinize whether the preservation of records of those calls on this particular system points to an attempted coverup by those around the president.

• Like 4

This is open source reporting, not MSM:

How Rudy Giuliani got paid by the Government of Ukraine to influence U.S. foreign policy

VVV

Giuliani represents himself abroad as “Advisor” to the U.S. President, negotiating quid-pro-quo deals with foreign governments while earning at least $14 million in “consulting” fees since 2017. Why isn’t he registered as a foreign agent? 

damn, Rudy, you're about to get scoped.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

If you think the republican voters care any of this stuff, they don’t as long as the candidate is white and not other color.

they will support this all the way to his grave 

This is correct.  I ventured on to Texags and it made my head hurt.  They are like a bunch of rabid raccoons backed in a corner being sprayed with a garden hose.  Wanting to execute leakers and whistleblowers, and insisting the president can claim executive privilege and classify everything he says and does.  Morons.  Dangerous morons.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

This is correct.  I ventured on to Texags and it made my head hurt.  They are like a bunch of rabid raccoons backed in a corner being sprayed with a garden hose.  Wanting to execute leakers and whistleblowers, and insisting the president can claim executive privilege and classify everything he says and does.  Morons.  Dangerous morons.

They love them an authoritarian. The most faux patriotic group out there is most susceptible to fascist movements subverting rule of law. Irony at its finest. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

What this will do is make all of them vote for him. It will get them off their asses and vote. Don’t think the ds will show to polls like the Rs this Election

What this will do is make all of them vote for him. It will get them off their asses and vote. Don’t think the ds will show to polls like the Rs this Election
Trump isn't gaining any significant numbers when it comes to voters. I'd venture to say he's lost more vs gained since the last election.

I'm also confident that Democrats will show at the voting booth in 2020 just like they did in 2018.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

I think you'll see very high numbers of voters on both sides in 2020. Polarization is great for getting out the vote.

1 hour ago, BrickHorn said:

He’s certainly forgotten a lot about the law.

I love that phrase.  So, let's say Rudy "knew" 99% of the law, but forgot it all.  YOU only "knew" 90% of the law.  Therefore, you're a schmuck, because you only know 90% of the law and Rudy knows none of it.

Victory!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Definitely correct, but also many of them simply don't know what is actually happening. Fox is still running with the evil Democrats attacking Trump narrative. 

Fox News may very well be the single biggest threat to our democracy. Even if Trump is removed for cause, they will absolutely continue to drum up the base. Nearly all the shit we are going through is their fault. Limbaugh invented this game, but Fox perfected it. 

Time to bring treason charges against Fox people and bring back the fairness doctrine.

Fox News is deliberately making it too complex for them to understand. The like the confusion and chaos because those idiots can’t understand anything more then 3 pieces of info.

what the Rs are great is making one claim and running with it for a very long time so it sticks to their base minds, exnaple

-server/emails,

-Benghazi

-birth certificate

-death of D staffer 

They know to simply something to the idiots and make a big deal about it  

• Like 1

When all this is behind us, years from now, I'd love to look back and fully investigate the role social media played in this whole thing, especially if tweets end up being evidence. I started my career doing fairly old-school PR, where NOTHING hit the airwaves without being approved by several folks up the totem pole. It's so crazy to me how little people consider the longevity of internet content and how quickly information is disseminated online, especially when you have upwards of thousands of followers. I worked at one of the bigger tech companies in town for a long time and wrote their first set of social media guidelines (which I'm sure have been updated since then) and 99.9% of the shit I see these morons post violates basic, BASIC tenets of social media use when users affiliate themselves with the companies they work for. I first heard of Twitter at SXSW in 2007, when someone described it to me as something you'd use to basically mass-text your friends and arrange spontaneous get-togethers or let people know where you were, using basic location services. I bet that for all their forward-thinking mindsets, the founders of Twitter never predicted the critical role it would take in affecting news dissemination and politics.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gengs1 said:

This is bullshit. There are plenty of people out there who are apathetic towards Hillary and who didn't think Trump stood a chance to win. 

Now they've weathered these years of utter incompetence and chaos and they're going to vote. 

The people who were super motivated to vote Trump will still vote. If they had stayed home last time, we wouldn't be in this shit show. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Fox News is deliberately making it too complex for them to understand. The like the confusion and chaos because those idiots can’t understand anything more then 3 pieces of info.

what the Rs are great is making one claim and running with it for a very long time so it sticks to their base minds, exnaple

-server/emails,

-Benghazi

-birth certificate

-death of D staffer 

They know to simply something to the idiots and make a big deal about it  

Right, but the problem is that they control and influence close to 50% of the population.  It has us teetering on or past the brink. We are at the point where a justified impeachment and removal won't even save the republic. More importantly, we need Fox News to broadcast the fact that the impeachment is just. Without that, they just create the next dumbfuck king built on voters that want to retaliate for Trump's "unjust" impeachment. 

Only three ways this ends. Fox backs off on their own accord, they are forced to back off by new law and litigation, or our nation comes to an end.  

6 minutes ago, austingirl said:

When all this is behind us, years from now, I'd love to look back and fully investigate the role social media played in this whole thing, especially if tweets end up being evidence. I started my career doing fairly old-school PR, where NOTHING hit the airwaves without being approved by several folks up the totem pole. It's so crazy to me how little people consider the longevity of internet content and how quickly information is disseminated online, especially when you have upwards of thousands of followers. I worked at one of the bigger tech companies in town for a long time and wrote their first set of social media guidelines (which I'm sure have been updated since then) and 99.9% of the shit I see these morons post violates basic, BASIC tenets of social media use when users affiliate themselves with the companies they work for. I first heard of Twitter at SXSW in 2007, when someone described it to me as something you'd use to basically mass-text your friends and arrange spontaneous get-togethers or let people know where you were, using basic location services. I bet that for all their forward-thinking mindsets, the founders of Twitter never predicted the critical role it would take in affecting news dissemination and politics.

Lulz at having electricity years from now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Definitely correct, but also many of them simply don't know what is actually happening. Fox is still running with the evil Democrats attacking Trump narrative. 

Fox News may very well be the single biggest threat to our democracy. Even if Trump is removed for cause, they will absolutely continue to drum up the base. Nearly all the shit we are going through is their fault. Limbaugh invented this game, but Fox perfected it. 

Time to bring treason charges against Fox people and bring back the fairness doctrine.  Otherwise, as long as Fox News is around, we will never again return to reasonable and civil governance. 

There were a lot more boomers around in 2008, and yet Fox News couldn’t keep Obama out of the White House for 8 years.    They need somebody like Trump to get their viewers excited and moist.  There is nobody waiting in the wings that meets that criterial. 

Just now, Anastasis said:

The fate of the Republic depends on what Fox does?

Just go to the ledge. 

Already on it. And yes, the fate of the republic absolutely depends on Fox. They have to rubber stamp any removal that occurs.  Otherwise, they will deliver someone even shittier than Trump who runs on a platform of their lies. 

But on your side, their electorate isn't getting any younger and they aren't fighting shit.  Maybe they just die off anyway. 

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

There were a lot more boomers around in 2008, and yet Fox News couldn’t keep Obama out of the White House for 8 years.    They need somebody like Trump to get their viewers excited and moist.  There is nobody waiting in the wings that meets that criterial. 

Sure there is. The duck dynasty guy, Kid Rock, Ted Nugent, Ben Shapiro. Roseanne even.  They know the formula now. They need a racist celebrity. Fame is 80% of the election. 

Still, it is true that nobody is as stupid and pliable as Trump. He's a perfect vessel.  The rest of those people, while no Mensa candidates, are infinitely smarter than Trump, and actually have some of their own ideals. 

• Like 1

In the end, Trump is everything they are or inspire to be. He embodies their ideal self, to be a glutenous self serving piece of shit.

you can see that by the obesity and outlook on the boomers. Trump is just the perfect ideal self. Don’t worry about Jesus, he is a liberal hippy and church of trump is in session  

you can see it, they don’t respect anyone who is educated and knows the subject they talk about, they don’t even trust their doctors because they are educated 

Edited by Gengs1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You people have some fucked up parents. I guess the holiday threads should have been the tip off. 

It's cute that you still think the GOP is gonna snap back to W-ism. Ain't happening. 

And my family is from the South. It has all body types in it including pro ball players and an actual astronaut. Most are obese though.  Gengs is accurate. 

1 hour ago, FondrenRoad said:

Time to bring treason charges against Fox people and bring back the fairness doctrine.  Otherwise, as long as Fox News is around, we will never again return to reasonable and civil governance. 

You’re like the Surly version of a Texags poster.

Go see a doctor. Or lay off the booze. Preferably both.