Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

I think most phone apps are stupid. Five years ago, I could pay for everything with my Amex online. Now I have to download 100 stupid ass apps and joint 100 stupid ass corporate pay sites. Does no one remember 1975 when people had 50 credit cards - one for every store. Someone said, this is inefficient and narrowed it down to 3.5 (sorry Terry, you don't count).

15 hours ago, Kyle said:

I think most phone apps are stupid. Five years ago, I could pay for everything with my Amex online. Now I have to download 100 stupid ass apps and joint 100 stupid ass corporate pay sites. Does no one remember 1975 when people had 50 credit cards - one for every store. Someone said, this is inefficient and narrowed it down to 3.5 (sorry Terry, you don't count).

I use about 4 apps on an average day. Amazon Music, Waze, Text/mail (is that really an app?), browser. 

When I pick up my wife's phone she has 4.5 million apps all of which are open at the same time. What am I doing wrong?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I use about 4 apps on an average day. Amazon Music, Waze, Text/mail (is that really an app?), browser. 

When I pick up my wife's phone she has 4.5 million apps all of which are open at the same time. What am I doing wrong?

Does she also complain about her battery life being too short?

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

coconut shrimp sucks because coconut sucks.

Why did you target coconut shrimp specifically? Why not just say "coconut sucks" if that's what you think? Or are there coconut foods that you think don't suck, like coconut cream pie or certain Asian foods?

Perhaps you sometimes, secretly, feel like a nut. 

27 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why did you target coconut shrimp specifically?

Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.

42 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Why did you target coconut shrimp specifically? Why not just say "coconut sucks" if that's what you think? Or are there coconut foods that you think don't suck, like coconut cream pie or certain Asian foods?

Perhaps you sometimes, secretly, feel like a nut. 

torchy's taco of the month of coconut shrimp + whatnot.  that triggered it. 

mounds and almond joy are both horribad.

Edited by elfenix

6 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Wife was bitching about her Mac laptop being slow. She asked me to look at it (like I know anything about computers). Every single damn program on the taskbar was open, including GarageBand, iMovie, all that crap.

(Sorry for the stupid wives cross post)

• Haha 1

why are the average folk so astounded by how to manage and cook steak?

grill, broil, sous vide, sear, reverse sear, cast iron, presalt, whatever...people act like they've discovered the cure for cancer. 

heat, meat, salt... it aint rocket science

On 1/30/2019 at 11:05 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I don’t understand the big deal with shitting in public. I get it, the bathroom is gross sometimes because other people have used it. But if I’ve gotten to the point where the idea of taking a shit has crossed my mind, I’m throwing some toilet paper on the seat, washing my hands, and getting the fuck out of there feeling relieved. I don’t understand someone being such a germaphobe that they’d rather hold in a shit for an hour (or a few hours) just because of the bathroom. And no, I’m not talking about the gas station bathroom that hasn’t been cleaned in a week. I’m talking about the public restrooms that cleaned on a regular basis. 

OK, enjoy the AIDS

• Haha 1

Kate Beckinsale's head looks like someone started to carve a piece of wood into a sculpture of a boring, generic head and forgot to finish the job. Her hair is also boring and always styled into something gross. If she didn't have tits, I wouldn't find her attractive at all. As it is, I can't fathom the obsession.

You knew this was getting posted here, right?

37 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Kate Beckinsale's head looks like someone started to carve a piece of wood into a sculpture of a boring, generic head and forgot to finish the job. Her hair is also boring and always styled into something gross. If she didn't have tits, I wouldn't find her attractive at all. As it is, I can't fathom the obsession.

You knew this was getting posted here, right?

Take that shit back to the recruiting board where it belongs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I don't understand the Emma Watson love. I mean she's cute I guess.

The Harry Potter series is loved by all ages, ten through pedophile. She was at her most popular when she had the teen jailbait thing going on. There are also a lot of kids who grew up watching her, and she was their first cinema crush. 

Emma-Watson_Harry-Potter-and-the-Goblet-

I can understand the kids growing up who thought she was super hot. The older guys, not so much. When I was about ten I had mad love for Sandra Dee.

I would have gotten her, too, if it wasn't for that bastard, Moondoggie.

a6fc46b063699b6a3eef634ee28ae51b.jpg

• Like 1

Rob Riggle has never made me laugh, or even smile. In fact he automatically brings a frown to my face. An irrational, hate-filled, murderous frown. I would do physical harm to Rob Riggle without thinking very hard about it or ever feeling even a little bad about it. I am pretty sure that if I were to push Rob Riggle down a flight of stairs, and then I ended up a diseased homeless wino thirty years later, I could stop scratching my lice and fleas for a second and smile thinking about the sound of his bones breaking and his helpless, girlish screams as he tumbled down those stairs. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

The Harry Potter series is loved by all ages, ten through pedophile. She was at her most popular when she had the teen jailbait thing going on. There are also a lot of kids who grew up watching her, and she was their first cinema crush. 

I can understand the kids growing up who thought she was super hot. The older guys, not so much. When I was about ten I had mad love for Sandra Dee.

a6fc46b063699b6a3eef634ee28ae51b.jpg

Yep. Kinda like Drew Barrymore, Winona Ryder, or Brooke Shields for my generation.

• Like 1

Rob Riggle has never made me laugh, or even smile. In fact he automatically brings a frown to my face. An irrational, hate-filled, murderous frown. I would do physical harm to Rob Riggle without thinking very hard about it or ever feeling even a little bad about it. I am pretty sure that if I were to push Rob Riggle down a flight of stairs, and then I ended up a diseased homeless wino thirty years later, I could stop scratching my lice and fleas for a second and smile thinking about the sound of his bones breaking and his helpless, girlish screams as he tumbled down those stairs. 
Rob Riggle is so bad he killed the most interesting man in the world ads

On 2/7/2019 at 6:45 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

I don't understand the Emma Watson love. I mean she's cute I guess.

Where in the world do you get the balls? Of all people....

For the record, I'm also in the "don't get Emma Watson" camp.

Edited by lateshow

On 2/7/2019 at 11:15 PM, Richard Kimball said:

So how old is she in this pic? Do I need to have a seat over there or not?