Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

I don’t like the beach either.
More generally, I don’t understand the point of vacations where you don’t do anything. Why would I pay good money to go sit somewhere else and do nothing? I can do that for free at home.
I want to go somewhere and see new scenery, visit historical sites, do things I can’t do back home.

The wife doesn’t really like the beach but she fucking loves doing nothing on vacations. I will never understand spending money and dealing with air travel just to stay in bed until noon. On the bright side, it gives me a few hours to go do shit by myself that she wouldn’t want to do anyway.

51 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I hate the college football playoff system. Give me the old days where you played in a bowl, and if some group of assholes wanted to make up a ranking system, fine.

Bowl system is the worst thing ever to be created in any sport. The XFL from 2001 was a better idea than the bowl system. Think of if the NFL or college basketball had bowl games lmao. 

50 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I hate the college football playoff system. Give me the old days where you played in a bowl, and if some group of assholes wanted to make up a ranking system, fine.

I couldn't be more exactly opposed, and evidently, my position ain't all that popular either.

People love them some muckery in college football.

Fuck playing it on the field...

6 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Couldn't agree more. The BCS was fine. I'd rather go back to the old bowl 'n' poll system than expand the playoff. And they won't stop at 8. It'll eventually expand to 16. That's why I was against the playoff from the start because that was a foregone conclusion. The FCS just expanded to a 32 team playoff. 

I could go on but I won't. Except to add that unless you're a season ticket holder who donates thousands just for the privilege of buying season tickets, and who attends all the postseason games, then your opinion doesn't count. The program needs the season ticket holders more than they need you. If you're just sitting at home watching on tv then what you want shouldn't matter. 

• Like 2

Couldn't agree more. The BCS was fine. I'd rather go back to the old bowl 'n' poll system than expand the playoff. And they won't stop at 8. It'll eventually expand to 16. That's why I was against the playoff from the start because that was a foregone conclusion. The FCS just expanded to a 32 team playoff. 
I could go on but I won't. Except to add that unless you're a season ticket holder who donates thousands just for the privilege of buying season tickets, and who attends all the postseason games, then your opinion doesn't count. The program needs the season ticket holders more than they need you. If you're just sitting at home watching on tv then what you want shouldn't matter. 
Fcs is still 24.. top 8 teams get seeded 1-8 and receive byes the first weekend.

Better seed hosts true home games. None of this neutral field pussy shit in nfl stadiums

11 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I'm shocked someone agrees with me.

I'll try harder next time.

3 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Fcs is still 24.. top 8 teams get seeded 1-8 and receive byes the first weekend.

Better seed hosts true home games. None of this neutral field pussy shit in nfl stadiums

I thought I heard they were expanding. There's apparently some misinformation out there. This article has them at 32:

https://saturdayblitz.com/2018/05/18/five-flaws-in-the-college-football-playoff-system/

24 or 32, the point still stands. They won't stop at 8. 

But but that's too many and it will ruin regular season!!

The only sport known to man where people bitch about the regular season not meaning enough. FBS college football fans have been brainwashed into thinking the regular season should be everything and the post season be a blip on the radar. Makes absolutely no sense.

2 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

The only sport known to man where people bitch about the regular season not meaning enough. FBS college football fans have been brainwashed into thinking the regular season should be everything and the post season be a blip on the radar. Makes absolutely no sense.

Do you have season tickets and go to all the postseason games or do you just sit at home and watch them on tv?

On 12/8/2018 at 3:16 PM, Fudge Nuggets said:

I would rather watch the TX HS 2A state championship game than the annual bore fest that is Army - Navy.

Good thing they’re on different weekends.

On 12/6/2018 at 11:36 AM, Jersey Man10 said:

What is it with people and going to the mountains? What do you do there?

Living in Houston the answer is not being in humidity. There is nothing better then getting off the plane and feeling a dew point of 30 instead of 70. Plus you can humblebrag to everyone that you spend your time in J Hole. 

On 12/7/2018 at 8:22 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

Because sitting in a lawn chair in the shade of a canopy with music and a cold beer, feet in the cool sand, a nice sea breeze, listening to the waves crash on the shore while watching babes in bikinis with the sound of sea gulls in the air without a cell phone ringing is very relaxing and good for the soul and the mind.

You should try it.

I have been on plenty of vacations where you are run around trying to see everything and when you get home you are completely worn out.

I prefer the relaxing vacation myself.

This. If I could sit on the beach, get drunk, play beach volleyball and smash some hot Latinas for the rest of my life that would be alright with me. Not trying to fanny-pack it and wear myself out every time I go out of town. 

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

Meh, there is truth to it.  College basketball is the exact opposite, since everybody that matters and about 40 teams that don't are getting into the tournament anyway.  This means casual fans don't give a flying fuck about 99% of games until about March 15th.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, DanRydell said:

The wife doesn’t really like the beach but she fucking loves doing nothing on vacations. I will never understand spending money and dealing with air travel just to stay in bed until noon. On the bright side, it gives me a few hours to go do shit by myself that she wouldn’t want to do anyway.

I bet you're that guy that everyone in your extended family hates. 

"HEY GUYS WHY ARE YOU SITTING AROUND DRINKING WHEN WE COULD BE SWIMMING WITH PIRANHAS RIGHT NOW!" 

Meh, there is truth to it.  College basketball is the exact opposite, since everybody that matters and about 40 teams that don't are getting into the tournament anyway.  This means casual fans don't give a flying fuck about 99% of games until about March 15th.

And there are still complaints about teams that didn’t get in and expanding the tourney to 128 teams.

This has been brewing for me recently...
Pluckers kind of sucks now.  I still eat there a lot because TVs and beer, but the quality of the wings have really fallen off.  It's getting close to the point where you can roll the dice to catch a good day at BWW and have better wings.

Does this qualify as an unpopular opinion.........

Pluckers has always sucked.

On 12/12/2018 at 10:21 PM, Jersey Man10 said:

I kinda like aggys fight song. Its ridiculous and obsessed with Texas but I hate to admit I kinda like it. But that's about it.

I can't hear that tune without flashing back to, "Yogi is smarter than the average bear, Yogi is always in the Ranger's hair, etc." Kind of chills the martial grandiosity.

Disclaimer - to those under fifty who don't know who the fuck Yogi is or how the Aggie War Hymn to pomposity is related, never mind.

5 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

I can't hear that tune without flashing back to, "Yogi is smarter than the average bear, Yogi is always in the Ranger's hair, etc." Kind of chills the martial grandiosity.

Disclaimer - to those under fifty who don't know who the fuck Yogi is or how the Aggie War Hymn to pomposity is related, never mind.

The entire theme song to the Jetsons is:

Meet George Jetson

His boy Elroy

Daughter Judy

Jane, his wife.

Somewhere, someone is still getting residuals for that. 

2 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Thoughts and prayers sounds so generic and meaningless. Its actually insulting and seems like nobody really gives a shit.

Haha the thread is unpopular opinions. This is so far from unpopular that I’m not sure if you’re being serious or not. If you were being sarcastic, I just didn’t pick up on it.