Unpopular Opinions Thread

tokamak

Yes.  I do appreciate the clean large bathrooms at Bucee's.  But people who go apeshit over their snack selection are generally fat white trash.  I eat a little junkfood sometimes but I don't need to plan my stops on a road trip around which colossal convenience store has the most of it.  

On 11/26/2018 at 5:57 PM, Sandman said:

I don't get the fixation on fast food or convience stores. No, I don't give a shit if you ate Whataburger or went to fucking Bucee's. I was in Fort Worth a couple of months ago and my wife's aunt was raving about Bucee's like it was a Michelin star restaurant. WTF? This also applies to Tulsa fucksticks that want to talk shit because they have Quick Trip. I just want fuel, fuck your drinks and snacks.

My post above was in reference to this ^^

I don't think the refs usually screw over Texas any more or less than any other team. Reading the football board you'd never know Texas' opponent has been flagged for more penalties & yardage than the Longhorns in 5 of the 8 conference games. 
You do realize there's much more to getting screwed and bad calls than just number of penalties and yards? Don't be so simplistic. It's also the missed calls that don't show up. When the calls happened and what the situation was. Which you can't tell by end of game final numbers.

36 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Question:

If you pos rep emoticon a post in this thread, does that mean you agree with the opinion posted, thus making the opinion less unpopular, or do you NOT agree with the opinion, thus agreeing with that the opinion is unpopular.

I don't rep in this thread, because I've never figured out which way it should go.

20 hours ago, Helobious said:

I don't think the refs usually screw over Texas any more or less than any other team. Reading the football board you'd never know Texas' opponent has been flagged for more penalties & yardage than the Longhorns in 5 of the 8 conference games. 

Sports Fan Psychology 101. In every game thread, for every team, win or lose, there will be at least one person complaining that the refs are biased against them. 

This may not be unpopular, but champagne showers when you win a playoff round in baseball is stupid.  There should only be champagne when you win the World Series. Champagne is for closers!
Wearing googles during champagne celebrations.

Bill Russell/Jordan never went blind from all that champagne.
  • Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, Brothahorn said:

Wearing googles during champagne celebrations.

Bill Russell/Jordan never went blind from all that champagne.

Wilt never went blind and his eyes were covered in nothing but sweat, champagne, and ass.  

Edited by Lobo

On 11/27/2018 at 12:57 AM, Sandman said:

I don't get the fixation on fast food or convience stores. No, I don't give a shit if you ate Whataburger or went to fucking Bucee's. I was in Fort Worth a couple of months ago and my wife's aunt was raving about Bucee's like it was a Michelin star restaurant. WTF? This also applies to Tulsa fucksticks that want to talk shit because they have Quick Trip. I just want fuel, fuck your drinks and snacks.

rich uncle pennybags over here...

10 hours ago, VolenteHawk said:

This has been brewing for me recently...

Pluckers kind of sucks now.  I still eat there a lot because TVs and beer, but the quality of the wings have really fallen off.  It's getting close to the point where you can roll the dice to catch a good day at BWW and have better wings.

pluckers' quality control is really bad.  when you go in and they get it right everything is really damn good, even still.  but there's a lot of misses.  either food takes forever, it's not hot, the side portion isn't the right size or the chips are soggy, etc.  used to be you almost never got a wing that was badly butchered.  now i get them rather often.  and their bifurcated waiter/food bringer system sucks complete donkey balls when there's a problem.  need an extra dressing?  sometimes it can take ages to flag down your waiter, tell them what you want, wait for them to put it in the computer, wait for someone else to pull a ticket and actually fill it in the kitchen.  all so they don't miss out on that extra $0.50 they charge for another dressing. 

wingstop wings are more consistent these days but i keep forgetting to say no fucking sugar on my fries. 

bw3 can go fuck themselves.

and disagree with @OatmealRaisinCookie, pluckers' "boneless wings" are clearly chicken breast strips, as opposed to the shitastic frozen prefab nuggets you get at bw3.  

Edited by elfenix

On 4/22/2018 at 9:03 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

The Big Lebowski and The Princess Bride are not just wildly overrated, but they are actually bad movies. 

The Princess Bride is obnoxious.

Big Lebowski is fabulous. Pulp Fiction however is crap as is Saving Private Ryan & Avatar.

I don't think anybody 'truly' believes in god because NOBODY acts like it. Also the Bible is the worst written book ever. Nobody really reads it, everybody pretends to and nobody understands it because it's unreadable schizophrenic Jabberwocky. Church is awful. Just awful. 

10 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

That said, I'm obviously only talking about bone-in. If you are eating boneless, it shouldn't matter where you eat that processed, glued together bread-meat and you could be eating out of a frozen Tyson's chicken bag and get the same meal. Shame on you for eating boneless, if you do.

My god, you're such an idiot.  Don't equate Plucker's boneless wings to basically chicken nuggets.

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Have you ever had boneless "wings" from Pluckers? They are chicken strips not what you are describing at all

Wings suck and are a total waste of money.

You are basically paying about $12 a pound for pieces of chicken that have a tiny amount of actual meat on them.

Give me a breast, leg or a thigh.

• Like 4

Pretty sure we had this exact discussion on here a few months back.

Yep. I recall being shocked at how many people agreed that sliced chicken breast breaded and fried was the same as pressed pink slime nuggets from Burger King. I prefer bone-in (giggity) but I also enjoy a well done chicken tender. I’m not above a cheap nugget but it’s way below anything else in the poultry world.

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yep. I recall being shocked at how many people agreed that sliced chicken breast breaded and fried was the same as pressed pink slime nuggets from Burger King. I prefer bone-in (giggity) but I also enjoy a well done chicken tender. I’m not above a cheap nugget but it’s way below anything else in the poultry world.

Sometimes I don't want to do the work with bone-in @ Pluckers and just get boneless.  It's probably more meat, with 100% less work, to get 4 of those versus 10 wings.

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

You are basically paying about $12 a pound for pieces of chicken that have a tiny amount of actual meat on them.

Wings are okay for what they are, but you throw in the price tag and it's a complete waste of money. They aren't worth half of what they charge.

9 minutes ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I don't really like dogs and can't understand people treating them like people its fucking weird.

I don't mind dogs but agree 100% with people treating them like a human being. They aren't no matter what the hell you say. And you look fucking weird treating them as such. And for the love of fuck, quit bringing them to restaurants and other public places. And yes, I have had a dog. So it isn't because I haven't had one. Dogs are no more special than any other pet out there. Give me a cat any day over a dog for a pet. Cats are independent and can take care of themselves. And are entertaining. They don't need your constant attention like some helpless being.

Edited by Vic Mackey
  • Like 3

^^^^ Completely agree with that. Coworker brought his dog on a flight and we sit next to each other. Dog was hopping around between us. Also refused to put a leash on his dog at a brewery because she is a good dog and doesn't like being leashed. So fucking annoying

21 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

I don't mind dogs but agree 100% with people treating them like a human being. They aren't no matter what the hell you say. And you look fucking weird treating them as such. And for the love of fuck, quit bringing them to restaurants and other public places. And yes, I have had a dog. So it isn't because I haven't had one. Dogs are no more special than any other pet out there. Give me a cat any day over a dog for a pet. Cats are independent and can take care of themselves. And are entertaining. They don't need your constant attention like some helpless being.

I find myself getting so irritated when I see people  women on social media refer to dogs as "babies".  As in, "I found someone's baby in my garage, she's so sweet. Help me find this baby's parents!" Bitch, that's not a baby. It's an animal. It doesn't deserve to be abused or killed but quit equating it to a human being. Also stop with the "fur kid" or "grand-dog". 

• Like 4

On December 4, 2018 at 10:21 AM, Steamboat1874 said:

The chicken wing is just a delivery vehicle for the sauce.

30 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I find myself getting so irritated when I see people  women on social media refer to dogs as "babies".  As in, "I found someone's baby in my garage, she's so sweet. Help me find this baby's parents!" Bitch, that's not a baby. It's an animal. It doesn't deserve to be abused or killed but quit equating it to a human being. Also stop with the "fur kid" or "grand-dog". 

I've seen a couple "I ❤️ my grand-dogs" bumper stickers. WTF?