2019 - 2020 Dallas Mavericks: Eastern Bloc > Western Conference

CBT

Not only that but he’s had some really bad turnovers. He’s just overthinking every time he touches the ball. 

The win helps me go from FYMK to just feelin bad for the guy, you can just feel his confidence on life support where he’s aware he’s hurting the team. Then he had that late one totally in rhythm rim out after being all but down, crushing. With clips having success going small with Morris as the big, kleber is about our only option if kp is out.

I guess clips are saying exact same shit about PG except even harsher being their #2

Who said that? The celebration was about the same as a walkoff single in bitch ass baseball. 
But I'm triggered. Who said it?

Just check any twitter/insta post that shows the Mavs dousing Luka with whatever it was in the locker room.

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I'm a tad hungover today after that yesterday.  So anyone seen any intel on Porzingis?   It doesn't seem good that he was going through warm ups planning to play and then all of a sudden a scratch.

I have a feeling we will be dealing with this from KP as long as he is here. You don't have the injuries he had and be perfectly fine afterwards. That shit is always going to linger on. 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I have a feeling we will be dealing with this from KP as long as he is here. You don't have the injuries he had and be perfectly fine afterwards. That shit is always going to linger on. 

I’m fine with his load management during the regular season, but you sack up and fucking play come playoff time. *

*i reserve the right to change this opinion if the MRI they are doing today shows that he is actually hurt.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:30 PM, Drew said:

Loved the fight in this team, from when KP got tossed in game one, and after getting beat the fuck up in game 3 and losing Luka.

This team will only get better and if they had played ANYONE but the Clips they'd have had a better chance to advance.

I don't disagree.  It's trash talk, maybe using race, even as an identifier, probably shouldn't be done in today's climate.  Apologize, or dont, and move on.  Someone get a tech for knocking him on his ass Sunday.

And This.

It's a stupid term someone came up with.  It's supposed to mean racism against white(thus "Racism in Reverse")

But that's actually...just, umm...racism.  Racism is racism no matter what color/race/ethnicity you or they are. So "Reverse Racism" doesn't actually exist(and it's just as stupid to for someone to claim they can't be a racist because they're a POC).

White folks can be racist.  Black folks can be racist(I've shared the story of my racist ass Father in Law a couple of times).  Latinos can be racist. Asians can be racist(and I'll say some of the most racist people I've ever actually met are Asians, Jesus).  Anyone can be racist.  It's not solely a "white only" institution.  Just the Institutional Racism that we're trying to destroy today.

Back to the Mavs...we're going to have to deal with this from time to time. Our 2 stars are Eastern Euro White Dudes and REALLY good.  Some of our key role players are also Euro Whites...there will be backlash from some players, and especially on social media, about it.  Hell I see people on Twitter all the time saying how Luka isn't all that great, he's only getting hyped BECAUSE he's White.

For some reason so many people want believe shit like this meanwhile reality is this:

wife (no pics) was on some lawyer conf call during the end of the game.  I was quiet until that last shot and then screamed out.  I hear several ?s from the call and I yell that Luka just hit the game winning 3 in OT.  "Wife adds that 'he is happy to be able to yell at sports now' .  Seemed to be a satisfactory answer as they went on with their bidness.

that was so effing great.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Damn.  It must be fucked.   Missed 10 games last time he was pulled for knee soreness after warmups.  I know Rick said this is "dissimilar" to that injury but I'm not buying it.  See a lot of people saying he's "soft" but you can't risk major knee injury.  This isn't like Luka's ankle where multiple doctors said it's solely a pain tolerance issue and no risk of further damage. I'm sure KP is as frustrated as anyone.

• Hook 'Em 1

Damn.  It must be fucked.   Missed 10 games last time he was pulled for knee soreness after warmups.  I know Rick said this is "dissimilar" to that injury but I'm not buying it.  See a lot of people saying he's "soft" but you can't risk major knee injury.  This isn't like Luka's ankle where multiple doctors said it's solely a pain tolerance issue and no risk of further damage. I'm sure KP is as frustrated as anyone.

Yeah, it fucking sucks, but no one expected this team to win it all this year, so focus on long term health. If we fuck around and get there anyway, we’ll great... KP will likely be ready to go!
  • Hook 'Em 1

The bad thing is we are paying him money to be counted on and be a #2 guy to Luka. No bueno.

7'3 guy with the injuries he has fucking sucks. I hope the front office has a plan because they are seeing now what to expect going forward unfortunately. But they had to know the risk when they traded him seeing he only played in about 50% of potential games when he was at NY.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

Yeah I don't think it's fair to call him soft...unless you thought Dirk was Soft in 03 for not forcing himself onto the court despite Nellie's objections.  This series from here on out is gravy...not reason to risk it.

3 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

Yeah, it fucking sucks, but no one expected this team to win it all this year, so focus on long term health. If we fuck around and get there anyway, we’ll great... KP will likely be ready to go!

Exactly.  We got a long time with them...don't push it and have him get even more hurt.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Luka

tenor.gif?itemid=16087834

Let's hope Captain Marvel doesn't show up...

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yeah I don't think it's fair to call him soft...unless you thought Dirk was Soft in 03 for not forcing himself onto the court despite Nellie's objections.  This series from here on out is gravy...not reason to risk it.

Exactly.  We got a long time with them...don't push it and have him get even more hurt.

Let's hope Captain Marvel doesn't show up...

hqdefault.jpg

Captain Marvel is not walking through that door!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skipper said:

A source close to the team* said that he thought KP was taking the second game because it's not an elimination game and the super smallball lineup starting Burke and Kleber without him created matchup problems for the Clippers. 

* A guy who lives in Dallas and listens to the radio in the car. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If Mavs do win tonite watching all the pundits lose their shit will be great. Everyone pretty much has the Clippers rolling the Mavs tonite. I‘D like to think the other Mavs players were inspired to believe they can pull off a series win after game 4. Even if they don’t pull it off I am excited about this team going forward. Worried about KP for sure but happy with the coach and the team as a whole. Go Mavs! 

• Hook 'Em 1

We can win this game without another Superman performance from Luka, but it’s gonna require about 50% from downtown. More and better 3 shooting is required from Seth and THJ. And it would be nice if Kleber can at least revert to his regular season average. 
Maxi is beyond due. 6% from downtown in the playoffs. Reg season average is 37%. He and DFS have turned into two pretty good 3 and D guys after missing out on big names this offseason.