Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

More Burton

According to a high-ranking University of Texas official, the Longhorns continue to wait for a response from three-time national champion Urban Meyer about the possibility of becoming the next Texas football coach.

Rumors have run rampant, whether it is the potential dollar amount of a contract or who Meyer has met with from Texas, yet the coach has not given a final response to Texas brass as of Friday at 10:30 am.

In the discussions, Meyer has made clear to Texas that money will not be the ultimate deciding factor. Rather, it is primarily about the hard-charging Meyer deciding if he wants to “return to the grind” that made him so successful on the sidelines.

It is also important to note that the courting of Meyer is being handled by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and his staff, with the full support and oversight of Texas president Jay Hartzell and Texas board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife. No big money donors are directly in contact with Meyer, instead they are backing the efforts of Del Conte, Hartzell and Eltife.

As for an expected timeline for a response from Meyer, there is some hope it would come not later than Sunday but even that is not a definitive deadline, as the Horns have their sights on Meyer. Meyer will be given the time he needs to make a decision.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

0*RPUxnwFT08KLyCzH.

spacer.png

28 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

It would work on Surly in heartbeat.

If CDC came on here and said stop posting or I hire Jeff Fisher instead of Meyer this board thread would go silent.

Don't give him any ideas.

The FLA to tOSU time line had Meyer vocalizing his denial during that interim.  I haven't really heard anything close to that from him.  Seems more like Urban is silent more than anything.  I'm not doubting you heard that, shit Kirk Barton who posted a video of Meyer acknowledging they text said Meyer told him no.  But we haven't heard an unequivocal no.  uncredible sources (not you) broadcasting a no and some wishful thinking from the Buckeyes.  Anyway, I'm not saying he's in, these situations are fluid and dynamic, I just find it really strange that there is almost complete silence right now - not a yes, not a no, and nothing about Texas looking at other coaches expecting a no.  That's strange unless it's done or it really is a strong maybe like a "yes, if..." and we are waiting on the if.

What I found particularly interesting in that article you posted is that Meyer himself was telling those around him he wasn’t taking the tOSU job. That was encouraging too.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

More Burton

According to a high-ranking University of Texas official, the Longhorns continue to wait for a response from three-time national champion Urban Meyer about the possibility of becoming the next Texas football coach.

Rumors have run rampant, whether it is the potential dollar amount of a contract or who Meyer has met with from Texas, yet the coach has not given a final response to Texas brass as of Friday at 10:30 am.

In the discussions, Meyer has made clear to Texas that money will not be the ultimate deciding factor. Rather, it is primarily about the hard-charging Meyer deciding if he wants to “return to the grind” that made him so successful on the sidelines.

It is also important to note that the courting of Meyer is being handled by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and his staff, with the full support and oversight of Texas president Jay Hartzell and Texas board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife. No big money donors are directly in contact with Meyer, instead they are backing the efforts of Del Conte, Hartzell and Eltife.

As for an expected timeline for a response from Meyer, there is some hope it would come not later than Sunday but even that is not a definitive deadline, as the Horns have their sights on Meyer. Meyer will be given the time he needs to make a decision.

cant say yes until herman is fired

• Hook 'Em 1

Sounds like you heard the “I need more time” that others are talking about

No it was no, not more time. However, as that OSU article said, he also told people he said no as well for that job too. It may just be the way he handles the process. Which of course is encouraging if true.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

More Burton

Sounds like this could stretch out to Kansas if Urban hasn't told us no yet.

So have we reached the point that we can again talk about what a POS Urban has been in managing his players and teams, or do we still need to hold back?

To put it into Surly speak, I think the deep throat BJ’s have stopped, but are we now suppose to rub him on the outside of his pants, or can we go back to giving dick punches?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Meyer said:

Lmfao seee I can make one false statement and we all attack each other like piranhas that’s the state of Texas football. 

You'er going to be fatwa'd soon, but I just want you to know you're a really pathetic troll.  We're talking scraping the bottom of the regard barrel type.  On the bright side for you, that likely means you're above average level intelligence for your fan base, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

More Burton

Thanks for sharing these!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Sounds like this could stretch out to Kansas if Urban hasn't told us no yet.

I think Texas would wait that long, but Meyer wouldn't. He's not going to wait until after NSD1 to accept the job. Either he feels comfortable saying yes at least by the end of this weekend or it's a no. 

4 minutes ago, Meyer said:

Lmfao seee I can make one false statement and we all attack each other like piranhas that’s the state of Texas football. 

If you are truly from Austin, your syntax and verbiage are an indictment against AISD.  Your posts are indicative of someone who has to remind themselves not to be attracted to their sister.  Pure unadulterated verbal diarrhea.

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

More Burton

I just can't believe that Meyer wouldn't know early on if he really wants to get back in.  If it isn't a quick "yes,as long as I get what I need." when we call then he isn't ready.  I'm sure he knows he can't gut the tOSU staff but could take a couple.  he would know if certain guys would be on board pretty fast.  

It just makes no sense to drag this to the very end with CDC because he doesn't know if he wants to "return to the grind" yet.  If he is getting what he wants from a AD support/organization control standpoint it should already be done, minus the bits the lawyers work through.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic