Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Gottdam if we are even considering Franklin, we should take a step back and interview Sonny Dykes.  Pass on Franklin.  Dykes at least has some Texas ties.  

But Franklin looks like the guy from Pitch Perfect 2!!!

33 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Because once in our programs history everyone is fucking aligned. From Eltife, Hartzell, CDC, and the donors. It’s a good sign and a positive sign going forward. 

So Herman, self-proclaimed king of alignment, finally got what he wanted. The entirety of the UT system is finally aligned.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

yeah? Well in the summer my wife will turn on the heater to 85 because she feels like it’s too chilly when she gets out of the shower. Then, forget about it so It will be hotter than outside when I walk in the house. After I turn it back to cool, it takes all night for the house temp to come down to lower 70’s making sleep suck. Then rinse and repeat. 
Ive gotten so overheated I’ve had to go outside to my truck at 3am to sit in the AC for 30 mins. Nothing like waking up in your bed in a sticky sweat. Feels like summer camping. 

wives and the stupid shit they do, amirite 

It's 1 degree hotter than normal in the house, so let's turn the ac to 45.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamn I feel sorry for you fucks that think Chuy’s is a tier 1 Tex mex spot. Christ.

Compared to most of the competition inFlorida it is top notch.  In Texas it is middle of the road or so.  But it was one of my go tos as a college kid.  10 bucks and you left not wanting to eat for 24 hours.  

21 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

You just reminded me of that thread we had, what, 10-15 years ago, about guys in white vans, selling speakers. Damn, I’ve read a lot of shit on these boards. Why I’m an idoit today.

dude when i first started turning wrenches in the mid 90s we had dudes show up once or twice a month at our shop  with vans FULL o speakers .cheap. looked legit.

Edited by mr.goodkat
stupid

18 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Get out of this thread, you Jinx!

Don’t worry, I’m burning out on the flight following and food talk. I will believe Meyer is the coach when I see him in front of a burnt orange backdrop standing by CDC.  

1. Except for self-policing mob bans, who cares about rep? Just turn off rep notification unless you really need that internet point dopamine hit.

2. One of my college roommates bought speakers out of a white van. The worst speakers I ever heard. But hey, he got a good deal on the apparently.

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Goddamn I feel sorry for you fucks that think Chuy’s is a tier 1 Tex mex spot. Christ.

Man, I used to feel the same one, but have had a hard time finding many that are consistently better except for maybe Matt's El Rancho. 

I like Polvos better, but its not technically Mexican. Lupe is over priced.

Maudies, Trudys, El Mercado, El Arroyo, Baby Acapulcos are all sub chuys.

11 minutes ago, alphahorn said:

So either Dodd is a moron or CDC is. I know CDC is close to Franklin and has really like him for a while.  I think this year we are seeing the true FRanklin.

Thankfully it won't matter we have a coach and his name is URBAN F'N MEYER

So the two top 25 teams at fucking Vanderbilt were just a fever dream?

The three top 10 teams at Penn St and the conference championship were all just luck?

I get that his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired - but he's got a real history of getting results at two P5 teams - and not in the Tom Herman winning one score games and finishing 8-5 kind of way.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Man, I used to feel the same one, but have had a hard time finding many that are consistently better except for maybe Matt's El Rancho. 

You’re high if you think Chuy’s is better than Maudie’s.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EvilCaseMcCoy said:

Baby A’s has gone to hell in a hand basket.  👎🏻

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So the two top 25 teams at fucking Vanderbilt were just a fever dream?

The three top 10 teams at Penn St and the conference championship were all just luck?

I get that his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired - but he's got a real history of getting results at two P5 teams - and not in the Tom Herman winning one score games and finishing 8-5 kind of way.

The drop from Urban Meyer to Franklin in all facets are so astronomical that we shouldn’t even visit this option. He won’t help recruiting, he won’t help us in game, he will Be looked at as no less than a fourth o fifth option. I can’t imagine the negative recruiting that would Happen with a Franklin hire. Straight up, retaining Herman is a MUCH better option than Franklin right now 

You just reminded me of that thread we had, what, 10-15 years ago, about guys in white vans, selling speakers. Damn, I’ve read a lot of shit on these boards. Why I’m an idoit today.
I had an acquaintance during my time on campus that did that. Lurked outside the Crown & Anchor and tabbed shitheads walking home drunk. GA, we called him. Grifter's Apprentice. Think he tried cutlery and steaks too.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

35 years of Vanderbilt football:

image.thumb.png.9b9ecf0ba2f54a5d6044e1ef5de7fd58.png

Ok he got lucky at vandy for a couple years. Vandy sucks ass, so does Iowa state. Show the Matt Campbell record vs year over year. If Franklin had them in at least the big ten championship discussion I get it but my god, this is bottom of the barrel. Penn state would pay us to take him right now 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic