Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I ain't playing. Lawyer stuff. I had a fun one from last Christmas but given the way this thread is going I probably can't post it. It would be fun but again.

I'm mostly impressed that you've figured out where this thread is going. Puts you way ahead of me. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I ain't playing. Lawyer stuff. I had a fun one from last Christmas but given the way this thread is going I probably can't post it. It would be fun but again.

go ahead and post it. it's not like you're running for office or anything.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, troph said:

Problem is early signing is two weeks away. It may not do it for you but it’s a huge mistake to fuck up a class.  He should be fired tomorrow, and UM hired and if he’s not that’s the mistake. Now we are screwed .

So what's the best case scenario? Urban is announced tmrw and flips a ton of kids in two weeks? Or gets them to postpone their decision?

This is taking so long that one of us should enter flight school, get their instrument rating, multi-engine rating, turbine rating, spend some time as a CFI to bankroll the ATP cert, fly for a regional for a bit to build hours, then get type rated in a Falcon 900 and apply for an FO job around EDC/AUS on the off chance of getting some real intel for Surly.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Keep in mind there are C list confirmations that it’s tomorrow, so if that doesn’t happen we have zero confirms of any quality left. I’m not saying it’s no way next week but I’ll admit I’ll be down and out come Monday especially given plan B chatter started the last few days. 

Dear Coach Urban Meyer.

If you accept the Texas coaching position, I promise to:

1.) Increase my annual donation to UT Athletics

2.) Increase my annual donation for UT academics

3.) Increase my annual volunteering hours

4.) Exhibit less degenerate behavior, such as bi-monthly Windstar gambling trips and meeting random POF hoes in hotels during lunch break.

5.) Refrain from making contributions to the  Hot or Not thread.

Thank you kind sir.

S3.0

Edited by Shaggy3.0
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, troph said:

Would be a huge mistake.  

The reason I could see things stretching out is that Urban is still trying to put a staff together and OSU is trying to make the playoff. I agree with alphahorn that the deal is probably already done.

I think Urban will mail this recruiting class in and raid the transfer portal. He’s getting Sanders regardless of when he announces. That’s the big fish. A lot of the early enrollees aren’t going anywhere.

I’m not saying it won’t happen tomorrow. My gut just tells me neither party is in a hurry because Urban is building a staff behind the scenes and we still have one game remaining. 

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic