Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Burton...doesn’t sound great...really is UM or bust

I texted with a high-ranking university official this morning and am told the wait for Urban Meyer continues.

While Meyer contemplates the decision, the Horns have not given the three-time national championship coach a deadline.

Despite mass speculation otherwise, the Horns have not received either a final no or yes from Meyer to this juncture.

If Meyer were to reject Texas’ advances, Texas would not begin a broad coaching search because of the size of Herman’s buyout.

Instead, the money needed for the buyout would only be agreed upon based upon who Herman’s eventual successor would be.

Burton doesn't sound great because he doesn't know shit

• Hook 'Em 1

We are going to be Turtlin’ in 2021 and we’ll have to live with it.  The choices other than Urban suck (Mullen would be good, but no way he leaves UF for us). 
Hey, 8 wins a year with a bowl win isn’t that bad. Wasn’t long ago we were all sucking each other’s dicks because we became bowl eligible on the last game of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Texas said:

Cart before hose post: It's gonna blow when Urbs gets introduced as HC in an empty room and fields questions over conference call. They should do the introductory pc on the field inside DKR with a big podium and reporters spread out. Students allowed to attend as well. Would feel like the big deal it is.

How in the fuck was the handle “Texas” not taken a looooonnngggg time ago on this site? This guy shows up now with it? Good grief. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

The fact that some people are still calling for giving Herman another season like it’s a legitimate option just shows how many fucking spineless idiots follow this program. Idk if it’s always been this way or the apathy has crept in over the last 10 years, but giving him another year is a death sentence for this program. 

Getting the right coaching staff in here is the priority, not getting rid of Tom Herman.

Don’t be an emotional reacting child to stimulus.

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It’s gonna be Herman on the sidelines next year, isn’t it.

If Urban turns us down and a very strong candidate that aligns the money cannot be closed, it’s definitely a possibility yes. This isn’t a fire Herman after Kansas and give CDC full autonomy scenario. 

People are posting 400 plus pages deep into a thread entitled “Urban or Bust” you need to know “bust” is a potential outcome. I hope to fuck that isn’t the outcome. 

Edited by Newy25

48 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Transition? As in we are not there yet?  Last night we had legit posters suggesting that BMDs in Houston had summoned Urban to Houston today to match the available flight tracker data. Outside of me and a few others, this board collectively thinks the McRib is “food”. If we are not in full on delusion already, God help us if this thing gets materially worse. 

Oh it’s absolutely going to get worse. 

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

It’s gonna be Herman on the sidelines next year, isn’t it.

That’s an untenable situation. Unless Herman is clueless, he knows Texas has been heavily courting another coach with a salary offer that dwarfs his. If we don’t land Urban, how dysfunctional would it be to continue with Herman?

Just now, South Austin said:

That’s an untenable situation. Unless Herman is clueless, he knows Texas has been heavily courting another coach with a salary offer that dwarfs his. If we don’t land Urban, how dysfunctional would it be to continue with Herman?

Is it better to stick with Herman or panic and make another unproven hire?

Not landing Urban Meyer will suck no matter what.

I’m beginning to think it may be next week. ESD was the basis for today tomorrow and some c list posers who said this weekend.

it’s almost noon, maybe an announcement today but I would think that news would break now.  Not later to make time for tonight and tomorrow for urbs. 

if he’s a yes and staff was important that means he’s got to deal with tOSU fallout and he may not want to raid until after the reg season ends.

Texas has talent, portal talent will be there and NSD is still out there.

CDC hasn’t given a deadline to a maybe? That’s absurd. 

could be a yes and announce next weekend and no one cares about the delay because of the aforementioned talent acquisition options.

just spit balling while wait for my sammich. 

yeah at this point a lateral change might be better than keeping herman for optics because at least it might look like we tried to get a better coach. even if he stays, herman's job will always look like its in jeopardy.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

I am only posting this because I like to watch the world burn and I have a penchant for schadenfreude (hence being a texas fan for the past decade). Plus, this thread needs more ammo to reach 1000....
Manny Diaz should be in Plan B list

Well, you aren’t very good at this then. You don’t announce that the reason you are saying something absurd to get people worked up. You just say it, then you watch the world burn.

Fucking amateurs around here.
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m with Caddox that I see no scenario where Herman is back, but if there is, it would be an unbelievable reversal. I just don’t believe that.

I haven’t heard this, but I’d bet a lot of money Herman’s agent is working the phones heavily.

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Getting the right coaching staff in here is the priority, not getting rid of Tom Herman.

Don’t be an emotional reacting child to stimulus.

Most of Urban’s people are already here. It’s not like we are erasing Herman and starting over. Many pieces are already in place.

I’m beginning to think it may be next week. ESD was the basis for today tomorrow and some c list posers who said this weekend.
it’s almost noon, maybe an announcement today but I would think that news would break now.  Not later to make time for tonight and tomorrow for urbs. 

if he’s a yes and staff was important that means he’s got to deal with tOSU fallout and he may not want to raid until after the reg season ends.
Texas has talent, portal talent will be there and NSD is still out there.
CDC hasn’t given a deadline to a maybe? That’s absurd. 

could be a yes and announce next weekend and no one cares about the delay because of the aforementioned talent acquisition options.
just spit balling while wait for my sammich. 
I agree, unless tOSU cancels the rest of the season right now, theres no way we get an announcement yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

Herman would know he was auditioning for his next role. Maybe he would get his ass in gear and coach the shit out of the team and win over those of us whom are against him and/or land at another school as a HC.

Sabotaging next year would fuck his career.

yeah at this point a lateral change might be better than keeping herman for optics because at least it might look like we tried to get a better coach. even if he stays, herman's job will always look like its in jeopardy.

A lateral change is a 4 yr contract. That is backwards.

Just now, RGBIII said:

FCB said the same shit as Burton btw

Yep. They know just as much as the rest of us. Fucking nothing.  I suspect this week will be business as usual.  Main thing we need to watch for is Michigan-tOSU game getting canceled. That would move up the timeline imo. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Guys, if it wasn't going to happen after ISU, it's not happening until regular season is over. I would *love* to be wrong about this. But the turtle will be out there tomorrow for his presser. Not Urbs.

You're probably right. I think they'll can Herman after KU, regardless of the score win/loss

How exactly do you KNOW this to be wrong?

Ok you make a fair point. After thinking thru the last two weeks, there is a scenario where this deal could have been in place for awhile. That is where I originally started on this whole thing, and it was last week that changed all my thinking. However that info could have been incorrect and purposely leaked in a specific way, for some reason.

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Is it better to stick with Herman or panic and make another unproven hire?

Not landing Urban Meyer will suck no matter what.

Having Herman coach next season is going to undoubtedly do material harm to the program as Texas will continue to fall behind in recruiting with a lame duck coach. It’s not clear though that the replacement candidates next season will be any better or worse than what’s available this season. The only upside in waiting is so the BMDs can save some money on the buyout at the expense of the program. 

I’m going to have an enjoyable Sunday like I have the last 11 years. Y’all have fun, I’ll check back. No panic, just not wasting my time waiting today.  Anything could happen but if it is happening today I think wheels would be moving.  Instead non-story updates from 995ers means ain’t shit happening today.  I still think the awkwardness of it points to a done deal.  But we are going to be here all day waiting for nothing.

for that reason, I’m out.  /sharktank 

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

image.png

There isn’t tens of millions of dollars in buyout money lined up for anyone other than Meyer right now that’s realistically available. If it’s not Meyer or as close to a sure thing as possible, get your bourbon stocked up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntEyes said:

You're gripping in anticipation thus the lower right grouping. Relax and let the gun go off. Use your off hand to apply pressure for grip.

This post has nothing to do with your shooting. It's advice to all the people sweating the Urban news.

Good diagnosis. But the issue is actually for me a wider rear notch in the rear sight then what I typically shoot.  Have to focus more and not as instinctive at 20 yards for me as my Colt is.

I was doing a whole bunch of grip adjustment and finger placement trying to figure out the issue until I got it.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic