Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Especially over 45, when you need help for reading if you have good uncorrected distance.

Yeah & each of my eyes has a different problem. I'd have to get one eye corrected for distant vision and one for near vision. They say some people do well with it and others struggle. Sounds to me like it would suck though. I've been spoiled, having 20/10 vision most of my life. My vision isn't really bad now - doc says 20/25 distant. It's just slightly blurry when I take my glasses off, and of course I can't read much up close without em, but I'll live. /csb

My memory is a bit different. Colt was frequently running for his life due to OL weakness, And his college career ending  play was emblematic of that issue. The last decent OL was 2005 IMO.

2006 was mostly made up of the MNC line but with a freshman QB. 2007 took a dive then 2008 was respectable. Went downhill in 2009 and we really never recovered.

Just now, RGBIII said:

But..but..but Chip...you were told directly from the AD that Herman would be back next year. Fucking useless piece of shit

Yep. And wait til the end of the NFL season? Why? Asshole's just throwing shit against the wall as usual.

• Hook 'Em 1

Oh and fucking why would It have to wait till the end of the NFL season? That makes zero sense, so he can see what NFL jobs come Open? “Well golly jeez I missed on taking the Jags job so I guess I’m coming to Austin” lol no that not how this fucking works Chip. Absolutely useless, you make Ketch look competent 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Oh and fucking why would It have to wait till the end of the NFL season? That makes zero sense, so he can see what NFL jobs come Open? “Well golly jeez I missed on taking the Jags job so I guess I’m coming to Austin” lol no that not how this fucking works Chip. Absolutely useless, you make Ketch look competent 

If Urban wants a stress free environment, the NFL isn't it.  

23 minutes ago, El Squared said:

My memory is a bit different. Colt was frequently running for his life due to OL weakness, And his college career ending  play was emblematic of that issue. The last decent OL was 2005 IMO.

Yeah um actually no

We used a zone blocking scheme that catered to our offensive personnel's strengths and it got us to a title game in 2009 (which is pretty fucking miraculous in retrospect). Chris O. really helped us out in 2008 and it's a god damn shame that team couldn't play Florida for all the marbles.

Pretty crazy how good Texas executed a spread offense up until Mack going insane post Colt injury. 

It's wild how the flagship program in the state of Texas deviated so much from what guys were being taught since middle school in programs worth a shit. Fuckin' TCU and Baylor were running circles around us with vastly inferior talent but solid offenses where it was 'plug and play'

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

FCB:\

image.png.21f502eea169d8b9acdeddc25d7ea424.png

What a stupid, worthless piece of shit. I'm going to break into his house and burn his SMU diploma. Yeah, let's wait until March to make a head coaching change. Great idea. "Hey guys, we know that you started this week of spring ball working with Herman and his staff - but you'll need to give us a couple days to install a completely different set of coaches. No, please don't transfer! We promise it's going to be great!'

• Hook 'Em 3

Teams not named Oklahoma who have won or shared a Big 12 football championship since 2009: Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma State, Kansas State.
Not listed: Texas.

You stupid fuck; go back to CR.

Do you think this is information we don't know? You love to shit on the program with woke facts. The program shits on itself just fine.

Stay off Astros threads too.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

What a stupid, worthless piece of shit. I'm going to break into his house and burn his SMU diploma. Yeah, let's wait until March to make a head coaching change. Great idea. "Hey guys, we know that you started this week of spring ball working with Herman and his staff - but you'll need to give us a couple days to install a completely different set of coaches. No, please don't transfer! We promise it's going to be great!'

CDC "Hey Urbs?  So it's not an official no, but you want to interview with NFL teams?  Jags and Jets you say?  Ok, what timeline can we work with?  What's that, NFL draft?"

Grow a sac CDC.  I doubt Jacksonville will pay him 12 mil

24 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Perhaps there are assistant coaches that he wants to bring with him that currently work in the NFL. 

2 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

IF health is a big concern for Urban, I don’t see how he could go to the NFL. That’s an absolute meat grinder for coaches with them practically living out of their offices.

Right.  I know some coaches hate recruiting, but Urban could hire some assistants that would own Texas.  Two that come to mind?  Tim Becks and Brewsters

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

You stupid fuck; go back to CR.

Do you think this is information we don't know? You love to shit on the program with woke facts. The program shits on itself just fine.

Stay off Astros threads too.

Right on.  Like I give a fuck that KSU won it in 2014 and Fatterson in 2012 or whatever.  ou owns this conference and we're the only ones with the resources to change that.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Right on.  Like I give a fuck that KSU won it in 2014 and Fatterson in 2012 or whatever.  ou owns this conference and we're the only ones with the resources to change that.

Don't forget that Gary Patterson is 6-1 against Texas since 2014.

That's something you should never forget.

18 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

When Urban becomes our next HC for 2021, I won’t give two fucks about the timing of when this goes down. This thread has been a blast. Everyone in the 9.95 realm is hedging like a mofo. It’s happening! It’s fucking happening! Urban or bust. This site rocks! We have this. 

Correct answer is correct.  We should have two private jets fueled up and ready to go at OSU and HSB at a moments notice. If Urban wants to wait until the end of the EPL season or the end of my fantasy football season then that is fine. 

Edited by TexasGary
  • Like 1

Is Chip saying Urban will make a run for an NFL gig and then settle for us if he doesn't get one?

Urban’s strengths as a coach don’t easily translate to the NFL. He’s worth waiting on — the NFL teams who will be looking for coaches will be done with their seasons very, very soon.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Franklin’s season is over. 

Man. Bowl season done. It’s gonna be a challenge to make sure all 4 CFP teams can even play due to Covid. The committee should use some kind of emergency powers here and expand the playoffs in case a team selected tomorrow is unable to go. Jmo. Geez. No bowls? Can’t believe we were able to have the season that we have had regardless. Sad that the teams that played full seasons and fought and are ranked may not get any reward for gutting it out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Because our donors really don't like seeing Texas slip behind aggy as the premier football program in the state. It could be rationalized, up to this point, that no other team in the state has definitively passed us, but if aggy or any other Texas team makes the playoff it really hurts, and suddenly becomes obvious even to the casual fan that UT is no longer the big dog in the state for CFB. Once that perception slips, its VERY hard to win it back

You sounded like you had first hand information/analysis of CDC.  I find it comical how many people purport to know what CDC knows, feels, intuits or is doing.  Also those people who know for a fact that the BMDs and ADmin have put him on the sideline and he's out of the loop.  You crazy kids need to get together and get your story straight.

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Man. Bowl season done. It’s gonna be a challenge to make sure all 4 CFP teams can even play due to Covid. The committee should use some kind of emergency powers here and expand the playoffs in case a team selected tomorrow is unable to go. Jmo. Geez. No bowls? Can’t believe we were able to have the season that we have had regardless. Sad that the teams that played full seasons and fought and are ranked may not get any reward for gutting it out.

To be fair I think a lot of these schools are opting out so the players can spend time with family and whatnot since they’ve essentially been in a bubble the past few months just to make this season happen. Most of these games outside of the playoff serve no meaningful purpose outside of maybe additional reps. Not much sense in going to a bowl game if you can’t get that “bowl experience” of traveling and enjoying all the amenities the bowls typically offer. Just my 2 cents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2