Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

21 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

He can co-HC with Tom Cruise. The way he ripped his Mission impossible production crew a new asshole for violating covid protocols had shades of Saban. Hell, they're even the same size. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/tom-cruise-rant-covid-rules-was-right-message-delivered-worst-ncna1251617

Tom Cruise is an overrated dwarf. Fuck him, too.

Tom Cruise Risky Business GIF - TomCruise RiskyBusiness Risky - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 8

Take this job and shove it
I ain't working here no more

Urban done left
Said no to my money

And took all the reasons
I was working for

You better not try to stand in my way
'Cause I'm walking out the door
Take this job and shove it
I ain't working here no more

Herman he's a turtling dog
CDC he's a fool
He has got a brand new flattop hair cut
Lord he thinks he's cool

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Perspective is a lot 

2B47855F-EE2C-4DA1-8CF8-A33C6AB9F15F.png

Not sure including what Petersen did almost immediately after helps your case. There are probably 50 guys that could take a good P5 program with history from 0-12 to 5-7. It's the 14-12 in years 3 and 4 that's the indictment.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I do think Sark would be a good coach but he needs to show he can handle the responsibilities of a school like Colorado (that he turned down) instead of getting thrown straight into the fire at Texas or even Auburn. His alcoholism is a real issue and always will be, even if he’s sober for the next decade it will always be in the background. 

If he can win at Texas, I will drive him to meetings, or hold his hair when he pukes.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

30 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Time for some flight-tracking music. Get to work @derpyhorndog #BDE

Everyone knows the best way to run women out of a room is to throw on some Rush. Since there is a lot of bitchassedness  and not a lot of Women up in here, let me go ahead and celebrate all the pussy and throw up another band sure to run the girls off. Apologies to Nicole.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, wood said:

Yep. The message Saban took away from that game (and that Mack was completely oblivious to) was that 'Bama had no answer for that passing attack with Colt running it, and almost lost to GG, who was running it on no game experience. Mack took away the exact opposite message he should have.

So Colt going 2-2 for 9 yards is why Saban started throwing the ball all over the place years later?

First of all, that guy is a troll and should be negged to Bolivia. Herman hasn’t even been fired yet so no coach will be announced today. 

That being said, after Urban I think coaches like Campbell, Mullen and Kelly represent a really high floor for Texas. Those guys improve our program immediately and in 1-2 years likely have us competing for conference titles. But I actually think Sark has a pretty high ceiling to match the lower than basement level floor. He completely turned around Washington and made USC competitive despite Carroll and Bush leaving that program on the brink of ruin. He’s also been recruiting at a ridiculously high level on offense for several years in a row at multiple schools in multiple regions of the country. He would kill it in recruiting at Texas. He’s also totally bought into street agents and bagmen. 

His floor though should not be understated.  It’s entirely possible that after 1-2 years he goes out in a hooker and coke fueled blaze of glory. The question is, can Texas protect itself from that outcome? And I don’t just mean contractually. Because Sark would put our offensive recruiting on fucking steroids. I definitely think we should at least vet this one out on the possible upside alone. But I doubt we get the chance because I think an Auburn or the like is going to hire him. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

First of all, that guy is a troll and should be negged to Bolivia. Herman hasn’t even been fired yet so no coach will be announced today. 

That being said, after Urban I think coaches like Campbell, Mullen and Kelly represent a really high floor for Texas. Those guys improve our program immediately and in 1-2 years likely have us competing for conference titles. But I actually think Sark has a pretty high ceiling to match the lower than basement level floor. He completely turned around Washington and made USC competitive despite Carroll and Bush leaving that program on the brink of ruin. He’s also been recruiting at a ridiculously high level on offense for several years in a row at multiple schools in multiple regions of the country. He would kill it in recruiting at Texas. He’s also totally bought into street agents and bagmen. 

His floor though should not be understated.  It’s entirely possible that after 1-2 years he goes out in a hooker and coke fueled blaze of glory. The question is, can Texas protect itself from that outcome? And I don’t just mean contractually. Because Sark would put our offensive recruiting on fucking steroids. I definitely think we should at least vet this one out on the possible upside alone. But I doubt we get the chance because I think an Auburn or the like is going to hire him. 

You’ve convinced me. Now I’m ready for Sark to hit his floor, just think about all the stories we can get. Trying to drunkenly open the door of a donors jet is the floor of how good some cutty sark stories would be

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

One of the benefits of that ham-handed clusterfuck of a 'vote of confidence' CDC sent out last week is the national media has completely stopped talking about Texas and the coaching search.  Texas should be able to do most of the background work without having to worry about names leaking or anyone nationally taking it seriously.  Candidates like Sark can be evaluated and considered without 3 dozen reporters going up to Sark and asking when/if he'll interview for the Texas job.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

there's no reason to fire Herman in order to hire Steve Sarkisian

Mack Brown would be a better candidate

High Freeze would be better than both.  If we are going for a broken person but a great head coach it should be Freeze.  

Edited by stork642

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

One of the benefits of that ham-handed clusterfuck of a 'vote of confidence' CDC sent out last week is the national media has completely stopped talking about Texas and the coaching search.  Texas should be able to do most of the background work without having to worry about names leaking or anyone nationally taking it seriously.  Candidates like Sark can be evaluated and considered without 3 dozen reporters going up to Sark and asking when/if he'll interview for the Texas job.

Yup. Honestly this is playing out better than I thought and a hell of a lot better than what’s happening Auburn

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Pretty sure that is why the half gesture was put out there.  The media much like a good dog will chase after the fake ball toss every time.   

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Plus, he fits surly’s personality.  Hugh likes whores and surly likes whores.  It’s win/win.

We already have a good bourbon shortage in Texas and Sark would only add to that issue but last I checked there is a surplus of hookers or so I’ve been told.  Plus when we wear our icy whites and we have a coach named Freeze!?!  Come on people.  This is predestined.  Stop fighting it.  All that being said it’s going to be Urban.  

Edited by stork642

question: where are all the leaks from coaches agents that they are talking to Texas . prompting that university to give their guy a raise?

that dosent happen. agents are there to raise the stakes. BMDs might be shut out, but coaches agents wont shut up. its their job not to. 

if there are no agents yapping, that means there are no talks with coaches. 

Thus, either we really are keeping Herman (not happening), or a coach already has a handshake deal, and is waiting on something. like a team his guys coach for to get done playing. we know anybody like that?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2