Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, senorfussybutt said:

No one here knows anything other than they care about longhorn football.

no one except me, and don’t forget it. I am literally the only poster here that was 100% right about urban from day one. some people don’t like that I am the only real insider here. it makes them hate me. jealously is such a sad thing. you’re new, you can choose not to be that way. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Fuck You 2

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

@Reese Bennett speech is what I call BDE in a box (cube)! It’s got the energy! It’s fiery! It’s big! 

I get people are pissed about the state of UT football. Urban or Bust damnit. There is no No! Its pursue and conquer. It’s a fucking quest for the Holy Grail folks. It’s not for the faint hearted. Go big or go home. If peeps don’t like the optics invest in some blindfolds. We got this! Urban or Bust! 

If that isn’t LMITBE*, I don’t know what is!

(* LittleManInTheBoatEnergy)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, senorfussybutt said:

It sounds like he's a football coach who should be fired... But is not fired yet... If I'm the agent or Herman, or Herman's attorneys, I'm not agreeing to any fucking NDA except a BIG FAT PAYCHECK along with some sort of release language saying at all times before this time, I was never in default of my contract. And sooner or later it would come out that CDC paid Herman even more money for us to be "cutesie" over a coaching hire? Are we as a fan group suffering from that much battered-spouse syndrome that we cling to these conspiracies?

USERNAME   ✔

• Like 1

So I’ve been gone a couple days from this thread.  So night crew is this still a hope at all or do we need a new topic to talk about while we wait?  I propose bacon?  Not all bacon is created alike, some is shit and some is great....   Things that make you go hmm.  I also would love some new great bacons to try.

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, futureman said:

I am the only real insider here. it makes them hate me. jealously is such a sad thing.

You are the real insider....inside of FCB, until he is inside of you. Not a lot of jealousy from most here about that tho, try Texags  for a higher approval rating...

Edited by El Squared

8 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

So I’ve been gone a couple days from this thread.  So night crew is this still a hope at all or do we need a new topic to talk about while we wait?  I propose bacon?  Not all bacon is created alike, some is shit and some is great....   Things that make you go hmm.  I also would love some new great bacons to try.

Canadian bacon isn’t bacon at all.  It is ham

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

The small batch peppered, thick cut, chop house bacon from HEB was legit. Used to buy several packages every time we happened to be near an HEB (live in the HEB wasteland of DFW), but haven’t seen it stocked in some time now. If you see it in stock, buy the shit out of it and don’t look back.

• Hook 'Em 1

56 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

j48iy.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Hook 'Em 2

You can't do that . . . you know that. Come up with an excuse (perforated colon, impacted stool, lost pet, active yeast infection, need to leave the country. . .)something - anything. 

You doing that would be like something out of Dark Mirror. No thanks. 

o-BLACK-MIRROR-facebook.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by washparkhorn

But, let's say we've got an agreement in principle with UM that we're keeping on the down low. Professional courtesy dictates that we fire Herman to give him time to find another gig. Ash could still be the interim HC.
What am I missing here?
Exactly why I'm not buying Urbs is still in play. If Herman is on the sidelines for the bowl game he's most likely our coach next year. If there's anything going on behind the scenes *with any coach* no good reason I can think of to not cut Herman loose now that SD1 is over.

I think it’s pretty clear that UM is not lined up and is unlikely to ever be lined up.   Denial is comforting though. 

On the plus side, I strongly believe Herman is gone. The CDC statement fiasco was likely a (failed) attempt to buy time to start a coaching search outside of UM from scratch as we thought he couldn’t say no. 

that is why I want to hear the reason we were so sure and why we were so wrong. 

"Coaching search"..as in someone we havent already thought of and discussed here? If Urban truly said no, (and at this point I think he did) the only viable alternatives I see aren't realistic...as in coach of one of the currently successful programs (Saban, Sweeny, Smart etc..) who have no reason to make what may not even be a lateral move these days, or someone like Kyle Shanahan who isnt leaving his NFL gig...nor will any NFL coach unless they're on the hotseat and think no GM will give them a HC job again.

Paying an outside firm to do a "search" when realistic hires (worth the buyout + more money per year than Herman if they have to be lured away from an already good job) can be counted on one hand with fingers left over is just an insane waste of money.

Oklahoma graduate transfer Trey Sermon, who took 29 carries for 331 yards and two touchdowns, broke both Big Ten Championship and Ohio State single-game rushing yards records. On Sermon's back, the Buckeyes likely locked up a CFB Playoff berth...

Urban's comments related to tOSU picking up Trey Serman from the transfer portal...

"So let's talk about the free agency of college football — that's what happened," Meyer said. "Marcus Crowley, a backup tailback, good player, got hurt. I believe it's an ACL. Master Teague, I believe, had an Achilles injury. So what did they do? They went to the free agency, which in college football is called the transfer portal. They went and found a guy that's — they went through spring practice, I remember that whole conversation, 'We need to go to,' that's the verbiage you used now in college football. 'We need a back,' go to the transfer portal. Think about that." 

So I guess ol' Urban is putting in work preparing to use the transfer portal effectively for TEXAS... 🤘

• Hook 'Em 4

10 hours ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

He wouldn’t.   No way they’ve told Herman he is being fired.  He may know it is happening but that’s a lot different than being told it’s happening.  

Besides, why would they risk letting him know?  He could try to screw things up like Brown did. 

Someone needs to tell Cade Brewer. He thinks tom is coming back. So he is to. 

Hate to see the kid keep being fed these delusions that he a starting major college TE. 

28 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Hate to see the kid keep being fed these delusions that he a starting major college TE. 

i mean...he is more of a college starting TE than he is an NFL player?

7 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Happy Worst Day of the Year!  12/21 has the least amount of daylight.  It only gets better from here, an extra 2 seconds of sun tomorrow.  And tomorrow is Tuesday, so we'll eat the birds, and maybe....

There is that big ass star out there this evening though!

2 minutes ago, MontereyMX said:

There is that big ass star out there this evening though!

Line up the star with the flight tracker. Does it align?  Is it over CUM?  What is the color of the carpet and the shape of the ceiling fans where the star sits?  Quick, day crew needs to figure this out!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, futureman said:

no one except me, and don’t forget it. I am literally the only poster here that was 100% right about urban from day one. some people don’t like that I am the only real insider here. it makes them hate me. jealously is such a sad thing. you’re new, you can choose not to be that way. 

You have people skills, dammit!

• Haha 1

Can't you understand that?  What the hell is wrong with you people?!? 

in all seriousness, this is tough season to get intel on coaching changes simply because the decision makers can't physically gather, get drunk, and drop hints about what they know.  It used to help to hear things because  most of the administration and decision makers had drinking problems and loose lips.  Now reporters and site owners have to call or email directly and catch them all lucid 'n shit, and their comments are guarded.  Apparently even older people know their comments on Zoom can be saved forever.  

Edited by Lobo

I spent much of Sunday trying to ascertain if the results of Saturday's various conference championship games altered the timeline any whatsoever for the Horns' administration to move forward in its search for a new football coach, despite the public vote of confidence athletic director Chris Del Conte voiced for Tom Herman more than a week ago.

It has not.

The previous timeline I was given was after the bowl games, when all coaches would be available to talk. Based on one conversation with a high-ranking official with knowledge of the situation, the timeline remains the same. We're looking at the post-bowl, post-playoffs timeframe into the New Year.

Could that change?

It's possible. But I was told it is also unlikely. The Horns are wanting to consider multiple coaches, including one who has specifically told Texas emissaries that he would be unwilling to talk until after his team's post-season.

Furthermore, the weekend's results only "stiffened the resolve" of at least one of the three major players, a group that includes Chris Del Conte, Jay Hartzell and Kevin Eltife, to make a coaching change. In other words, the Aggies' near-miss of the CFB playoffs with their fourth-year senior starter at QB combined with a sixth straight conference championship for the Sooners, the latest with a freshman QB, is hitting home. Tom Herman hasn't met the expectations or guideposts set by his own peers.

It is time for a change.

With the return of Josh Thompson, D'Shawn Jamison and Jalen Green, Texas appeared set at cornerback. Yet the Horns went out and signed grad transfer Darion Dunn of McNeese State at the position.

Chalk me up as someone who thinks Dunn will push the other three for a starting role next year. It's not like Thompson, Jamison or Green performed exceptionally well last year; all of them had issues with pass interference penalties and they did not capitalize on enough turnover opportunities.

Despite returning senior or fifth-year starters, I definitely think cornerback play could be upgraded.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:
I spent much of Sunday trying to ascertain if the results of Saturday's various conference championship games altered the timeline any whatsoever for the Horns' administration to move forward in its search for a new football coach, despite the public vote of confidence athletic director Chris Del Conte voiced for Tom Herman more than a week ago.

It has not.

The previous timeline I was given was after the bowl games, when all coaches would be available to talk. Based on one conversation with a high-ranking official with knowledge of the situation, the timeline remains the same. We're looking at the post-bowl, post-playoffs timeframe into the New Year.

Could that change?

It's possible. But I was told it is also unlikely. The Horns are wanting to consider multiple coaches, including one who has specifically told Texas emissaries that he would be unwilling to talk until after his team's post-season.

Furthermore, the weekend's results only "stiffened the resolve" of at least one of the three major players, a group that includes Chris Del Conte, Jay Hartzell and Kevin Eltife, to make a coaching change. In other words, the Aggies' near-miss of the CFB playoffs with their fourth-year senior starter at QB combined with a sixth straight conference championship for the Sooners, the latest with a freshman QB, is hitting home. Tom Herman hasn't met the expectations or guideposts set by his own peers.

It is time for a change.

With the return of Josh Thompson, D'Shawn Jamison and Jalen Green, Texas appeared set at cornerback. Yet the Horns went out and signed grad transfer Darion Dunn of McNeese State at the position.

Chalk me up as someone who thinks Dunn will push the other three for a starting role next year. It's not like Thompson, Jamison or Green performed exceptionally well last year; all of them had issues with pass interference penalties and they did not capitalize on enough turnover opportunities.

Despite returning senior or fifth-year starters, I definitely think cornerback play could be upgraded.

My liver cant handle this timeline Bobby...

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

we need a captain next year who A. is not going to leave early to prepare for the dradft and B. wont opt out

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

54 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I'm just here for tOSU humiliation. I've hated them since I started watching football as a kid. 

Nothing I'd Iike more than to see half their coaching staff unass Columbus for Austin Texas. 

Shit we have half of their previous staff at Texas currently and look where that got us. 

4 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Bobby said he fully expects the change before NSD2. Sounds like it will happen really quickly after the bowls, which makes me think there is consensus on who we are talking to and a general pecking order

yeah, he gone.  I stated yesterday as a part of the day crew, its happening (firing Herman), just not on the Surly timeline.  This is why i think Urban Meyer is still in play and I wouldn't be surprised to see Sam return if that happens.

Everyone got a free year, Card would still have 3-4 years eligibility with Meyer running things; may cost us Thompson, but that would open door for a recruiting flip late before NSD2

Edited by jdhorn92

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Bobby said he fully expects the change before NSD2. Sounds like it will happen really quickly after the bowls, which makes me think there is consensus on who we are talking to and a general pecking order

I know you find the IT guys as pretty decent ie they’re not stalling to add credibility or they’re not trying to drive subs.  But if fuckface Tom returns they are done