Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Rewatching The Last Jedi currently...god damn what a fucking cluster with so much potential. Rose is worse than Jar Jar and no one can convince me otherwise. Just need to retcon the whole trilogy IMO

It had 0 potential and was a completely nonsensical piece of shit. Way worse than the prequels. They could've handed it off to anybody who wrote any of the EU stories and they would've been way better off.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

All he has to do is match Tomothy in recruiting and he will be a massive success. Tom has been ok at recruiting, had the great new coach bump year and then been pretty shit since. If Campbell makes the right hires and wins, then recruiting takes care of itself. 

It's good to know that if Campbell wins first that he'll be able to recruit well.  I was worried that he might need to recruit well in order to win. 

You cannot talk to an Aggie about anything related to UT unless you're looking for comic relief. I would never trust any Aggie anywhere at anytime to give me truthful, helpful guidance on what's best for the University of Texas. The motherfuckers have their own version of taqiya.

Furthermore, Del Conte and the grown ups holding his tether like Mike Meyers' Simon on SNL...

tenor.gif?itemid=5224561

...should be familiar enough with what Rick Perry and his sycophant(s) on the Board of Regents already tried to do to the school less than a decade ago. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bevo14 said:

It had 0 potential and was a completely nonsensical piece of shit. Way worse than the prequels. They could've handed it off to anybody who wrote any of the EU stories and they would've been way better off.

I was impressed by how quickly Rey gained her Jedi superpowers when compared to Luke and others. Her midichlorian count must've been off the fucking charts.

Daisy Ridley Rey GIF by Star Wars - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

The opening with the bombing squad was pretty cool, throne room shit was bad ass, Luke had potential but they fucked it up terribly. Just awful. At this point they need to just let Favreau and Filoni double team the entire franchise and be done with it

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

because they haven't gotten better coaching.... I'm saying Texas would get better coaching....

We get it, you don't like the idea of Campbell. 

I'm not talking about Campbell anymore. Fuck off with that shit to another thread.

I'm making the point that Texas recruits itself until it doesn't. You can't assume that we will continue to land top 10 or even top 20 classes regardless of who's coaching. You say "as long as it's a guy better than Herman" yet recruiting was not Tom's issue. There are plenty of guys that are probably better coaches than Herman that aren't necessarily better recruiters. Clay Helton might be one of them. Though I kind of doubt it. 

Urban would not only be a massive coaching upgrade - he would kill it in the portal and on the recruiting trail. That's why this thread has over 700 pages. We need a guy that's going to be better both on gameday and in staff meetings talking about who they want and how they're going to develop them. 

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

My in-laws live there.  It sucks giant donkey balls.  The number of shootings are surprisingly high too

Jacksonville comes right after Tallahassee as the shittiest city in Florida in my humble opinion.  Daytona and Orlando are honorable mentions.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The opening with the bombing squad was pretty cool, throne room shit was bad ass, Luke had potential but they fucked it up terribly. Just awful. At this point they need to just let Favreau and Filoni double team the entire franchise and be done with it

Yeah the visuals were nice but that should be expected. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, jinx said:

Jacksonville comes right after Tallahassee as the shittiest city in Florida in my humble opinion.  Daytona and Orlando are honorable mentions.

I like Tampa/St. Pete and surrounding areas best. Too many damn Yankees in Miami.

That's the funny thing about FL. It's more "southern" the farther north you go.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Bevo14 said:

Yeah the visuals were nice but that should be expected. 

yup but I will never forgive Rian Johnson for taking my childhood hero, Luke Skywalker, and taking a massive shit all over him and everything that he had ever done in the OT and then killing him....FUCK HIM

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Okay, what's the next topic besides shitty options compared to UM?

Maybe, "Why the hell couldn't Strong or Herman learn the Urban Meyer System better in their time as assistants?" That oughtta get us through the next two weeks. I mean, fuckface is supposed to be Mensa and all. Charlie, not so much. /noracist

Feliz Navidad

So is it Star Wars and shittiest Florida town day in here?  I know that talk about Campbell and Kelly definitely doesn't go here, not sure how that was unclear.

And for real, spoiler your mandolorian stuff @BachelorTrek.  I'm 2 weeks behind.

Mandolorian is the best Star Wars since the originals, especially the 2nd season to this point. 

Tampa / St Pete area is probably the best place to live for normal folks.  For us Surly 1%ers that are all powerful lawyers or have other high paying day jobs that allow us to be on a Longhorn website all day while our supermodel wife sits at the house, West Palm is probably the place to be.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Napier turned down USCjr and Auburn opened up. Now that he turned down Auburn will an even bigger SEC job open up? 

I bet he didn’t turn Auburn down. He got word they are hiring Bill Clark from UAB so he “pulled his name out of the running.”
  • Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

yup but I will never forgive Rian Johnson for taking my childhood hero, Luke Skywalker, and taking a massive shit all over him and everything that he had ever done in the OT and then killing him....FUCK HIM

Yes. Fuck Rian. It is the way. I have been disappointed with pretty much everything since RoTJ. That includes all the Phantom shit except the one part-Duel of the Fates. With the exception of Rogue One (which is flawed but I do enjoy it) and Robot Chicken, everything else has pretty much sucked for me. 

Urban or Bust! Urban is the way! 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Yes. Fuck Rian. It is the way. I have been disappointed with pretty much everything since RoTJ. That includes all the Phantom shit except the one part-Duel of the Fates. With the exception of Rogue One (which is flawed but I do enjoy it) and Robot Chicken, everything else has pretty much sucked for me. 

Spoiler

MandoFavreau2.gif.2cc79dd114a1108233df73fede707920.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Rogue One is great. Mandalorian is great. Solo was like, ehhh... B B+? The sequel trilogy gets a B- F C? The Last Jedi was such a god awful movie by people who don't understand Star Wars.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Okay, what's the next topic besides shitty options compared to UM?

Maybe, "Why the hell couldn't Strong or Herman learn the Urban Meyer System better in their time as assistants?" That oughtta get us through the next two weeks. I mean, fuckface is supposed to be Mensa and all. Charlie, not so much. /noracist

Feliz Navidad

He is clearly not Mensa whatsoever. In fact, he seems to be Densa. The association of IQ and Turtle Tom is one of the greatest lies ever perpetrated on a fanbase. Someone truly intelligent would have figured this shit out. 

8 minutes ago, Beef said:

I bet he didn’t turn Auburn down. He got word they are hiring Bill Clark from UAB so he “pulled his name out of the running.”

This. Don't know if they're hiring the UAB guy but it's likely they're hiring someone else.

3 minutes ago, senorfussybutt said:

Rogue One is good. Mandalorian is great. Solo was like, ehhh... B B+? The sequel trilogy gets a C- F F-? The Last Jedi was such a god awful movie by people who don't understand Star Wars.

fify

Edited by Bevo14

So, the Ohio st game ends early morning of Jan. 2, so we have about 12 days until the special speculation begins.  Does MOV move the needle at all for the son-in-law?  Or any other asst. coach?  I am predicting a rather dull sugar bowl win for Clemson, about a 17 point win for the tigers.  

I haven't spent much time in Florida cities.  My sister lived in Pensacola and I liked the beaches.  Then she moved to Cocoa Beach and I liked the water and the vibe.  Visited some friends in St. Pete and it was pretty nice.  And I liked Miami when I visited once upon a time and stayed in some art deco hotel down along the beach.

2 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I haven't spent much time in Florida cities.  My sister lived in Pensacola and I liked the beaches.  Then she moved to Cocoa Beach and I liked the water and the vibe.  Visited some friends in St. Pete and it was pretty nice.  And I liked Miami when I visited once upon a time and stayed in some art deco hotel down along the beach.

Fuckabuncha this Florida bullshit. Any Florida town you get laid in is a good town. No trim=no good. This ain't rocket surgery, guys.