Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

19 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
21 hours ago, BurntEyes said:
Long ass day with shit loads of driving and meetings starting around 5 am est and ending at the hotel bar at around 8 pm est.
 Eating at the hotel bar because I'm too fucking tired to go somewhere decent.
Some drunk extremely unattractive woman (no pics Vic) keeps wanting to chat me up about some bullshit on Extra which is annoyingly on while the Cowboys are playing.

I think she wanted to suck your cock.

Yeah, she didn't see the Miata.

• Like 1

non-SSO corporate logins that use an unusual Login ID

most of our shit goes through SSO which makes it easy, but we have ADP for paycheck stuff and the login there is first initial + last name + company name

So instead of what you might expect, like SwanderedTalent@fleshlight.com, my login ID is stalent@fleshlight

since I need to look at a paycheck about once every three years, I can never remember the login-- password, sure, "HOTFUCK69***", it's the same for everything

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Sales people that wait until the 4th quarter of the year to hit their "customer visit" quota.  I'm fucking busy, leave me the hell alone.  It's not my fault you waited until the last minute to get off your ass.

Amen. Make an appointment don't just "stop by to say hi". I don't sit around all day waiting for you fuckers to come by.

And if you DO come by unannounced, at least bring food.

57 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ok, now I get it.  I thought that was more of a sleeve than a strap, but learn something new every day.

i have bags like a Filson with a wide external pocket... ive considered just cutting the bottom of that pocket to act as the pass-thru sleeve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atxracer said:

Commercials with a door bell ringing.  WTF, do commercial maker people not have dogs?

And solicitors.  Yesterday a guy rings my doorbell and dogs go apeshit.  I am working from home so this is huge annoyance.  I go to the door and there is guy holding a clear tub with a UNICEF sticker on it and a few dollars in his bucket saying he is collecting donations for UNICEF.  Why would anyone put cash in a tub for some teenager?  I can just go online and donate to any charity I want and be certain they actually receive the money and I have a paper trail of the donation.  I am all for kids trying help out for charitable purposes but going door to door isn't the way to get it done.  I'm damn sure not donating cash to some teenager's drug fund.  GTFO.

8 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Sales people that wait until the 4th quarter of the year to hit their "customer visit" quota.  I'm fucking busy, leave me the hell alone.  It's not my fault you waited until the last minute to get off your ass.

On that topic. I have a few vendors where 99% of the time I'm emailing them an order. It's not technical stuff and I always have item numbers, so it's pretty easy. And every once in a while, I get a bounce back email saying "I'll be out of the office for the next few days, if you need to place an order, email Joe@xxxxx.com" or something. I'm like,  Jesus wtf don't you just have someone check your damn emails....

30 minutes ago, VolenteHawk said:

Complicated password requirements for frivolous shit websites.  Best Buy makes me choose a more complicated password than USAA, ETrade, or Fidelity.   They're keeping a tighter lock on $5 reward than I keep on every dollar to my name.

totally agreed. They are starting to get as bad as this "cheat codes" for the old Nintendos.  I would be screwed w/o keychain.

Edited by Atxracer

8 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

non-SSO corporate logins that use an unusual Login ID

most of our shit goes through SSO which makes it easy, but we have ADP for paycheck stuff and the login there is first initial + last name + company name

So instead of what you might expect, like SwanderedTalent@fleshlight.com, my login ID is stalent@fleshlight

since I need to look at a paycheck about once every three years, I can never remember the login-- password, sure, "HOTFUCK69***", it's the same for everything

csb/all of my passwords in college were either shitfuck or fuckshit/csb

1 hour ago, VolenteHawk said:

Complicated password requirements for frivolous shit websites.  Best Buy makes me choose a more complicated password than USAA, ETrade, or Fidelity.   They're keeping a tighter lock on $5 reward than I keep on every dollar to my name.

yeah, one of my restaurant accounts is like that. Chili's or chipotle or something. You know what? I don't care if somebody gets access to my previous orders.....

21 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

yeah, one of my restaurant accounts is like that. Chili's or chipotle or something. You know what? I don't care if somebody gets access to my previous orders.....

They're afraid that you'll be shamed by the copious amounts of queso and molten chocolate cake that you've ordered.

3 minutes ago, lateshow said:

They're afraid that you'll be shamed by the copious amounts of queso and molten chocolate cake that you've ordered.

I have about as much shame in the delicious foods I eat as Vic does in his dating life. 

I also probably eat a similar diet to some of those women. And I'm okay with that

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Guessing municipalities have much better encryption and security than say Target.

They almost certainly do not. Security practices and methods in most city IT systems were horrid lowest-bidder implementations to begin with, and likely have not been updated, ever. Most retailers actually stand to lose from a data breach, so are incentivized to improve data security by public demand, unlike a municipality who has no competition and no physical product.

I for one like they don't store my CC data.  I've worked for a city's IT department, and know for a fact they're usually farming it out to the lowest bidder, while Target, Walmart, Amazon and the other big players use top tier eCommerce venders to ensure data encryption in transit and at rest.  My old CTO at the city, lucky if she would remember to renew the public-facing certs on her Exchange servers, yet alone the public website.  To this day, there's still no auto-forward from @ to www on their site.  /ITSysAdmin

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

I challenge anyone to find stricter password requirement than UT's EID system.

Takes me 20 tries to set a new password and each time I want to throw my keyboard against the screen

KeePass may be your next friend.  It has a password generator with it which allows you to enter the requirements and it will randomly generate passwords for you.  I have no idea what most of my passwords are, I just generate a new random one when the time comes and save it in that.  When I need to log in, I just copy the password out of the there and paste it.

15 hours ago, markstanco said:

Guessing municipalities have much better encryption and security than say Target.

So I'm with you here!

I got the sarcasm. I laughed.

I have a CC that has a $1,000 that I use for my online payments. So I'm not that concerned if that one gets stolen. Soar, I've been pretty lucky and never had any problems.

9 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

I got the sarcasm. I laughed.

I have a CC that has a $1,000 that I use for my online payments. So I'm not that concerned if that one gets stolen. Soar, I've been pretty lucky and never had any problems.

i had one with like a $500 limit that i used for scrip clubs.  just couldn't get in that much trouble with it.