Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

5 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Bingo. And people with young children are like camels boarding the plane with 3 days worth of toys, food, etc. 

Yup. I traveled 1 time with my BIL and his family. This is when their kids were 4 and 1...

4 carry-ons (one for each member the family); 3 backpacks, 1 diaper bag, 1 stroller, and 2 car seats. All the while my BIL's wife is holding their little one.

Of course they couldn't handle it all so they asked my wife and I to take some of their stuff.

For my family of 4 (my boy was also 1 at the time), we had 2 carry-ons and 2 backpacks. We were going to Hawaii for a week and pretty much just packed our swimsuits, underwear and toothbrushes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

When people describe something as being at a "price point."  "It was at the $1,000 price point..."  How about you save us a few syllables and just say "It cost $1,000."  We don't need your passive voice bullshit, you didn't do a market study, and I'm pretty sure this isn't an economics lecture. 

Also, I'm tired of hearing about weather patterns or any patterns for that matter.  You're not a meteorologist and I didn't ask for the farmer's almanac.  "I'm tired of this summer weather pattern."  F-me.  How about "It is hot," or "I'm tired of this hot weather."

Do better.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

43 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Pro tip. Buy a used crutch from good will. Then you can board with the handicaps. It's also a real baller move when you leave the crutch on the plane and just walk off.

At one time, there were reports of services in Florida where you could “rent” a disabled person to accompany you to skip the lines at Disney World. Why not do the same for flights?

https://www.cnn.com/2013/05/15/us/disney-skipping-lines/index.html

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

I fly a lot. I constantly see people boarding in the “need assistance” time that clearly do not need assistance. Rare do I see a gate agent stop them.

The airline and gate agent risk lawsuits and negative publicity if they call out the wrong person (not all disabilities are readily visible).

You, however, can call out those assholes with impunity.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/5/2023 at 10:10 AM, elfenix said:

People who need assistance
Global services
Activate duty
Young children
Premier 1k
Group 1 now boarding 6th

If you wanted to board early then you shouldn't have been a good genes havin', non-accident prone, yellow-bellied America-hatin', impotent/infertile poor.

And also whatever global services is. That too.

23 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

If you wanted to board early then you shouldn't have been a good genes havin', non-accident prone, yellow-bellied America-hatin', impotent/infertile poor.

And also whatever global services is. That too.

Global services is the double-secret probation status for United, which is above the Premier 1k level.  They don’t advertise the criteria. It’s for the biggest spenders, primarily those that fly international business class frequently. You don’t know if you’ve hit the criteria until you get a welcome packet, or don’t get a welcome packet. 

In my prior career I flew internationally about once a month, business class. High dollar tickets. For about 10 years I had GS status. They treat you very well. Dedicated phone number with a live person, no holding.  Automatic rebooking with flight disruptions, with a personal call to you.  In exceptional circumstances they’ll meet you on the tarmac with a special car to take you to the next flight.  Special lounges in some airports (Heathrow).  Obviously first boarding group.

I left my O&G career 3 years ago. I haven’t had GS for several years. I’m still flying internationally 3-4 times a year, but now it’s for a non-profit, on donor dollars. I’m flying economy (or economy plus). It’s hard to go back to poors status.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

I never had the luxury of getting used to first class/premium flights but the special lady friend insists on always flying first class. And I definitely see why.

Shes trynna meet the next nnm to have a backup option

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Superhero said:

Yup. I traveled 1 time with my BIL and his family. This is when their kids were 4 and 1...

4 carry-ons (one for each member the family); 3 backpacks, 1 diaper bag, 1 stroller, and 2 car seats. All the while my BIL's wife is holding their little one.

Of course they couldn't handle it all so they asked my wife and I to take some of their stuff.

For my family of 4 (my boy was also 1 at the time), we had 2 carry-ons and 2 backpacks. We were going to Hawaii for a week and pretty much just packed our swimsuits, underwear and toothbrushes.

Between stroller and car seat, I had 9 checked bags last time a family of 4 went to Disney World...the pain is real.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

She is a sugar momma at times. 

I'm a lucky guy. Having an 11 inch cock can cause some problems, but it has a few advantages.

I'm sure you walk funny and whistle when the wind blows, but if mamma straps the 11 incher on I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

On 10/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, Cheeseweasel said:

I blame the airlines for their luggage policy. You used to check 2 bags for free and have one carryon. Didn't matter when you got on the plane, there was usually room for your carryon. Now they are charging and not enforcing the size of the carryon. Just look at that person in the center screen--she has a huge fucking backpack and a purse and a blue bag. All that shit will take up more than her share of the overhead. Now multiply her by everyone in line and you see why people want to rush to get on the plane early. /end surly rant

Same shit happens on SouthWest Airlines and their policy is 2 check bags fo' free. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not necessarily trivial but certainly makes me surly.

This past Saturday afternoon I took my two young granddaughters (4-1/2 years old and 3-1/2 years old) to Jurassic Quest at the Shreveport Convention Center. I paid to park in the Convention Center parking garage. While we were having an enjoyable time someone took it upon themselves to vandalize my truck. They did not break into my truck but just put a dent in my tailgate.

I reported it to on-site security on Saturday. Today they manager called and said, “Sorry, we have signs posted that they are not responsible for damages to your vehicle”. 

They have security cameras but only at the entrance and exit. Security is there just to watch the cashiers. Ugh.

Twice now my truck has been damaged by others with me to either fix or live with.

Mean people suck.

image.thumb.jpeg.9bc60208d40fa369c33ad24f40ba1a76.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

15 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

An old hs classmate of one of my kids named their baby daughter Beighler, pronounced Baylor. 

I went to school with a girl named Taylor Taylor Taylor. She HATED her name. I know she got it legally changed when she went to college and got it changed again when married. Parents can be brutal when they don't need to be.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

I went to school with a girl named Taylor Taylor Taylor. She HATED her name. I know she got it legally changed when she went to college and got it changed again when married. Parents can be brutal when they don't need to be.

It would be funny if she married this guy- Courtney Taylor-Taylor

Ctt-austin_psyche_fest_2014_violet-alvarTa

Taylor Taylor Taylor Taylor-Taylor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

When I was in high school i knew a girl whose last name was Cox. Her parents named her Dreama. I know she wasn’t lying because she showed me her drivers license.