Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

33 minutes ago, ndawg said:

PHLaggie is one of those tweed-jacket-with-an-elbow-patch trolls. On the surface, you see an even keeled, well-informed, rational academic type. Hell, with the costume on, he almost fools you into thinking he might actually be intelligent. Until, of course, you consider that once that jacket comes off, he's not much more than a flat earther.

Ignored.

He struck me as a troll from the start. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He struck me as a troll from the start. 

I mean everyone who knows India has a Hindu majority spotted him immediately, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone less versed in their demographics would take at least until the reference to TDS to pick up on it.

2 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

Do "minority rights" include legal Islamic polygamy, the Islamic "instant divorce" with no alimony, the insistence on running parallel sharia courts? More importantly, do "minority rights" mean that majority's places of worship be legally controlled by state governments, their revenues and donations become part of state treasury to be used for welfare as they see fit? Does it mean majority's educational institutions must take quotas on teachers and students from all religions but the minority institutions can legally discriminate on who they take, even though they get government funding?

I'll give you your due on being informed. I'm not.

I suppose what raises a red flag in your posts are the claims of pro-islamic bias in the American media and your odd take on nationalism.

Perhaps these tangential bits should not lead me to doubt you other contentions. Maybe you should stick to the facts of what is going on in India without this clutter.

Anyway, compliments on you grasp of facts. My ignorance leads me to leave the field.

1 hour ago, PHLaggie said:

you wouldn't say that if you knew anything about how Pakistan and Bangladesh came about. Or what's happened to Kashmiri Hindus even since 1990.

not all population change is benign. That's not xenophobia, that's just accepting reality.

They came about through British idiocy.  It shouldn't be surprising that establishing states based on religious affiliation will require near forced migrations.  And that those migrations will cause violence.

But yeah, a perpetual border warzone created by a stupid partition and migration is all one side's fault.  Kashmiri Hindus and the Indian military are as pure as the driven snow.  Imagine how xenophobic you would be right now if Pakistan and Bangladesh's 350 million Muslims were still part of India's population.

At any rate, integration works better.  If you lose the ethnic majority, you get to keep the same type of governance instead of facing retaliatory governance because you were a shithead to minorities when you were in the majority.

What on earth can we do about Generals and Admirals that clearly don't know as much as Trump?

Retired Navy Admiral William McRaven — U.S. special forces commander from 2011 to 2014, including the 2011 SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden — writes a WashPost op-ed condemning President Trump's treatment of retired Vice Admiral Joe Maguire, acting director of national intelligence until this week:

"As Americans, we should be frightened — deeply afraid for the future of the nation. When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil."

2 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

What on earth can we do about Generals and Admirals that clearly don't know as much as Trump?

Retired Navy Admiral William McRaven — U.S. special forces commander from 2011 to 2014, including the 2011 SEAL raid that killed Osama bin Laden — writes a WashPost op-ed condemning President Trump's treatment of retired Vice Admiral Joe Maguire, acting director of national intelligence until this week:

"As Americans, we should be frightened — deeply afraid for the future of the nation. When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when presidential ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil."

What on earth does this have to do with Hindu nationalism?  This is the trump thread dammit. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHLaggie said:

may be globalized free trade isn't all that its cracked up to be.  there are winners, sure, and then there are losers too and the losers also get to vote.

and then there's this:

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/opinion/articles/2020-02-21/coronavirus-forces-a-rethinking-of-supply-chains

Speaking of Coronavirus, at least your boy has us in good shape on that front:

Top member of Trump's coronavirus task force asks Twitter for help accessing map of virus

I know I feel safer knowing it's in such capable hands.

Edited by DixonHur
  • Like 1

"They say in the history of India, which has a long history and a brilliant history in so many different ways, there's never been a reception given to somebody like was given" -- Trump claims he received the greatest reception of any world leader in the history of India

Yes, I'm sure visits by British Kings and Queens were just modest affairs by comparison.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

You know what is biased in favor of Trump? All things that not nailed down from which Trump can profit.

When I was a kid visiting family in Mexico, our benchmark story on corruption was the president of Mexico directing multi-million dollar highway projects to run right by his ranch.  So, let that sink in....not on ly is Mexico not paying for any damned wall, WE ARE MEXICO NOW.

Just now, Bookman said:

He’s such a fucking moron. 63,000,000 Americans look at him and say “wow that’s Presidential material right there.” Says a lot about them.

That's really the "genius" of Trump.  We have a lot of dumbshits in this country and have never run a relatable candidate.  Until now.

Some of us like to think of "elites" as east coasters, or super-rich living in big cities high on the hog.

It's really a dog whistle for people that are not as dumb as the median American.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bookman said:

What should we do? Cut funding for public schools?

Oh hell, I don't know.  But people act like we haven't had morons in America until Trump.  We just didn't have a candidate that would so completely pander to morons until Trump.  Of course, I guess it's not pandering if the candidate/officeholder is a moron too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oh hell, I don't know.  But people act like we haven't had morons in America until Trump.  We just didn't have a candidate that would so completely pander to morons until Trump.  Of course, I guess it's not pandering if the candidate/officeholder is a moron too.

When I was a kid, having rudimentary political discussions with my mother, she told me “the most important demographic is stupid people. Whoever captures the stupid vote wins elections.”
We’ve now seen that truth lived in its purest, uncut form with Trumpism. We’re an actual idiocracy.
  • Like 2

Was just watching him talk about Sotomayor in INDIA.  Has he EVER gotten through a press conference with another leader or in another nation where he didn't do some amount of complaining about how unfair he's being treated at home or how the press is the enemy of the people, etc?  Seriously, I would like to see one event where he actually talked about the event and what he is supposedly there for without bringing it back to himself in some way.

20 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Was just watching him talk about Sotomayor in INDIA.  Has he EVER gotten through a press conference with another leader or in another nation where he didn't do some amount of complaining about how unfair he's being treated at home or how the press is the enemy of the people, etc?  Seriously, I would like to see one event where he actually talked about the event and what he is supposedly there for without bringing it back to himself in some way.

He plays the victim card on the attack.  If you don't support his self enrichening plans, then you are attacking him. 

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was a kid visiting family in Mexico, our benchmark story on corruption was the president of Mexico directing multi-million dollar highway projects to run right by his ranch.  So, let that sink in....not on ly is Mexico not paying for any damned wall, WE ARE MEXICO NOW.

We are paying for the wall.  We are Mexico.  Therefore, Mexico is paying for the wall.  8-D chess. 

• Like 7

“The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to,” he said. “But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484496-trump-doctor-hid-cauliflower-in-mashed-potatoes-to-improve-diet

“The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to,” he said. “But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484496-trump-doctor-hid-cauliflower-in-mashed-potatoes-to-improve-diet
Narrator: It didn't work.
  • Like 1

Narrator: It didn't work. Seriously, he's even heavier.

Narrator: It didn't work.