Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

49 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Interesting. My experience up there last month was that it seemed like Trump country.

Peterborough had two demonstrations in support of BLM while I was there around Memorial Day. Every face in the crowd was white, and everyone driving by seemed to be honking their agreement. We were up there on a family matter. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

I’m guessing since the COVID task force has now been supplanted with Peter Navarro that Dr. Pete isn’t telling him about the COVID-linked myocarditis showing up in football players being one of the reasons for the Big 10’s decision to forgo the season for the time being. 

I suppose watching a lineman keel over dead during a game does make the betting interesting.

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

largest Hatch Act violation in US history. all this guy knows how to do is break the fucking law.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/510671-gop-senator-on-trump-accepting-nomination-at-white-house-is-that-even-legal

Sen. Thune was caught off guard 3 weeks ago, naturally assuming laws and norms wouldnt be broken.

Clammed up after that. i wonder why?

Edited by yoladu

1 hour ago, yoladu said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/510671-gop-senator-on-trump-accepting-nomination-at-white-house-is-that-even-legal

Sen. Thune was caught off guard 3 weeks ago, naturally assuming laws and norms wouldnt be broken.

Clammed up after that. i wonder why?

Because he’s a republican, a traitor, and needs to be brought in front of the eventual truth and reconciliation commission. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Sigh. I know Jared, I know. Being a slumlord such as yourself is such hard laborious work. While NBA players are speaking out, offering assistance, and  protesting, you're burning the midnight oil evicting tenants from your places in New Jersey and Maryland.

You think grifting isn't work?  The Kush has been grifting steadily for most of his life.  He grifted his way into the Trump family which isn't an easy task, makes him all pro that

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I.....don’t even know any more.

This is why I'd love to see a clean sock debate him or Clint Eastwood's chair.  The sock would win just on being speechless and clean.  Who thinks DOTARD isn't on drugs?    

Edited by Mdhorn

4 hours ago, Brandywine said:

You’re right. But know, I’m not saying we should believe like them or be like them and I don’t support their criminal or racist attitudes. I just wish we could create a simple message that grabs like them. And, I think we can be weak in that area and how we come across. They are better at it. 

It's far easier to sell rose colored garbage to willing idiots than it is to sell actual hard truth to discerning and skeptical minds. There's zero way for democrats to have such a simple and easy message because to do so they'd have to be as full of shit propagandizing everything as republicans. The truth of what this country really needs is grim and dark and people don't want to believe it. The shit republicans sell is what low intelligence morons already want to buy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

It's far easier to sell rose colored garbage to willing idiots than it is to sell actual hard truth to discerning and skeptical minds. There's zero way for democrats to have such a simple and easy message because to do so they'd have to be as full of shit propagandizing everything as republicans. The truth of what this country really needs is grim and dark and people don't want to believe it. The shit republicans sell is what low intelligence morons already want to buy. 

They'd vote for David Duke if he was the nominee--they're voting for the brand, which is a capital R for Racists.  And we're worried about a debate? We don't want their following--if you did, we'd lose the majority of decent people.  If we did, we'd have to worry about the post office delivering a defeat in November in addition to millions more Americans showing up at the polls and then we'd have to think of ways to not let that happen.  Instead, we get to think of ways to get people to vote.  It's a much better message since we're a Democracy.

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

is anyone watching mary trump on cnn?

the audio from the aunt about eric being a moron and ivanka being a mini-donald are...fun to listen to.

I missed it; but after you posted I caught some snippets on the 'net. The bits about Ivanka seem spot on regarding her status in the family. She does appear to share in her father's inability to 'see' compassion. It appears forced when she does it or misses the mark completely. Easy for me to judge from afar and also completely miss the mark as I've never met her, but the more she is in front of the camera or in public, the more opportunities she has to expose herself to assessment of her actions and motives which do seem clear: she wants the power and the same status her father has and she is in better health than he is. Dr. Jack Brown was of the opinion she has been training. (not conspiracy theory--it is not unusual to practice or learn tips for public speaking) However, members of a cult leadership grooming successors, is more than a little frightening.

He explains further:

Spoiler

The exchange between Ivanka and Melania caught on video at the convention was one-sided since we could not see Ivanka's face. Wish there was another angle.

Last week, had a “just asking questions” guy on FB wondering aloud on his keyboard why the DNC was so lowly rated. Funny, no comment now on how it actually had more viewers than the Riefenstahl display foisted upon America this week. I’d challenge him on it, but don’t have the energy. Plus, he literally had a family member die from the Covid last week, so he was actually actively challenging any fraud proponents, so perhaps he’ll come around. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I missed it; but after you posted I caught some snippets on the 'net. The bits about Ivanka seem spot on regarding her status in the family. She does appear to share in her father's inability to 'see' compassion. It appears forced when she does it or misses the mark completely. Easy for me to judge from afar and also completely miss the mark as I've never met her, but the more she is in front of the camera or in public, the more opportunities she has to expose herself to assessment of her actions and motives which do seem clear: she wants the power and the same status her father has and she is in better health than he is. Dr. Jack Brown was of the opinion she has been training. (not conspiracy theory--it is not unusual to practice or learn tips for public speaking) However, members of a cult leadership grooming successors, is more than a little frightening.

He explains further:

Hide contents

The exchange between Ivanka and Melania caught on video at the convention was one-sided since we could not see Ivanka's face. Wish there was another angle.

The video from her late teen/early 20’s shows she’s had some chin enhancement. So she, Don Jr. and Eric all have extraordinarily weak chins, meaning it’s in the bloodline. Wonder if that was from Ivana or Dotard? But all the older kids have f’ed up mouths. Junior is finally covering his with a beard. But enough about Guilfoyle. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

The video from her late teen/early 20’s shows she’s had some chin enhancement. So she, Don Jr. and Eric all have extraordinarily weak chins, meaning it’s in the bloodline. Wonder if that was from Ivana or Dotard? But all the older kids have f’ed up mouths. Junior is finally covering his with a beard. But enough about Guilfoyle. 

Looking at her mother, I believe Ivanka's lower jaw structure resembles her dad's,  and it was already common knowledge that she had rhinoplasty so if she had further modifications it wouldn't be shocking. In our appearance driven world, I'm sympathetic to those who go that route. However, in her case it just adds to the shallow vapidity.

image.jpeg.b36aa271caf68baf65b0d06ffe5dbfce.jpeg

Here is a photo of when both were younger:

image.jpeg.d393ab01c322bf019b07d6f5c4b9899c.jpeg

Here is one from long ago

Ivanka Trump plastic surgery: Doctor speculates about ...

I made the mistake of watching the President's New Hampshire speech on YouTube. Toward the end he was doing the "you have to vote for me" schtick and the man is a certified wingnut but he sure does have the people enthralled and clapping. I see why he wants the rallies and have always seen the way his supporters cling to his pronouncements as if it were a tent revival and he is selling salvation. If the debates happen and there is no in person audience (he will try I'm sure to have one), it will be fascinating to watch.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I made the mistake of watching the President's New Hampshire speech on YouTube. Toward the end he was doing the "you have to vote for me" schtick and the man is a certified wingnut but he sure does have the people enthralled and clapping. I see why he wants the rallies and have always seen the way his supporters cling to his pronouncements as if it were a tent revival and he is selling salvation. If the debates happen and there is no in person audience (he will try I'm sure to have one), it will be fascinating to watch.

The rallies are what he enjoys. If he loses to Biden then he’ll announce he’s running in 2024 immediately and keep doing rallies for the next 4 years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

After he loses he's done. Nobody likes  associating themselves with a loser, and you'll see the R's go revisionist super quick, like "oh I always hated him" blah blah.

No way in hell he walks away from charging the minions to hear him speak. Whether tens of thousands, tens of hundreds, or just tens. Because $

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

No way in hell he walks away from charging the minions to hear him speak. Whether tens of thousands, tens of hundreds, or just tens. Because $

If he loses he will be of no use to the people with big money who know he's a moron but prop him up to grift on American government money and pay zero taxes. 

The idiots left mostly can't afford to even pay $10's. He'll go the evangelical preacher route selling bullshit to low intelligence idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

After he loses he's done. Nobody likes  associating themselves with a loser, and you'll see the R's go revisionist super quick, like "oh I always hated him" blah blah.

Right.

Unless his megaphone is taken away, he isn't shutting up. Even if Twitter banned any Trump family member from ever using their platform, he would find a way to bellow daily.  And don't forget,  millions worship the very ground he walks on.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Right.

Unless his megaphone is taken away, he isn't shutting up. Even if Twitter banned any Trump family member from ever using their platform, he would find a way to bellow daily.  And don't forget,  millions worship the very ground he walks on.  

Well, as is made plain by all the contradictory tweets posted during the Obama administration, Trump has been bloviating non-stop for more than a decade.

He had achieved pretty solid irrelevance by 2012 or so.

The question is whether his presidency prevents him from falling into irrelevance again.

Will he revive Trump Steaks and all that bullshit that failed previously?

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

If he was half as fucking smart as he says he is, then hell yes, he should start peddling USDA Grade C meat, water and nutrition supplements (and whatever else) because that shit will absolutely sell now.

In fact, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't brought back some of the past flops; he has an audience waiting with wallets open.

Hell, I can picture a Trump burger franchise working in the south.

11 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

If he loses he will be of no use to the people with big money who know he's a moron but prop him up to grift on American government money and pay zero taxes. 

The idiots left mostly can't afford to even pay $10's. He'll go the evangelical preacher route selling bullshit to low intelligence idiots. 

This is where I'm at - he'll appeal to some racist hicks, but will otherwise be forgotten as a hemmroid on our history. Much like R's quickly distanced themselves from GWB and the neocons even after all that "with or or against us" bullshit

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, as is made plain by all the contradictory tweets posted during the Obama administration, Trump has been bloviating non-stop for more than a decade.

He had achieved pretty solid irrelevance by 2012 or so.

The question is whether his presidency prevents him from falling into irrelevance again.

Food is a different sell.  Nobody wants to overpay for something that challenges their taste buds when there are better options.  So while people don''t care about the rest of their senses, they do care about what they eat.  I would think his Trump university scam would epitomize his presidency.  So yes, he should open one in Kansas or Oklahoma and just bilk the rubes.  

Edited by Mdhorn

If he was half as fucking smart as he says he is, then hell yes, he should start peddling USDA Grade C meat, water and nutrition supplements (and whatever else) because that shit will absolutely sell now.
In fact, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't brought back some of the past flops; he has an audience waiting with wallets open.
Hell, I can picture a Trump burger franchise working in the south.

f104ec36be08036f94b95dd67c71d866.jpg

Belleville, TX
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Brandywine said:

You’re right. But know, I’m not saying we should believe like them or be like them and I don’t support their criminal or racist attitudes. I just wish we could create a simple message that grabs like them. And, I think we can be weak in that area and how we come across. They are better at it. 

Problem is we have a much more diversified group under our tent.    Their base is mainly white, christian*, and under-educated.   Their base has no compunction about fucking someone else over to get a little more on their dinner plate, even though they already are morbidly obese.  Our base still believes in rule of law and justice.  

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

This is where I'm at - he'll appeal to some racist hicks, but will otherwise be forgotten as a hemmroid on our history. Much like R's quickly distanced themselves from GWB and the neocons even after all that "with or or against us" bullshit

I hope his brand goes to shit and all his properties go belly up while he's going deeper in debt trying to defend himself in several courts of law.  The end would be going to prison would be the only safe play to avoid death by all the russian oligarchs he owes bigly.

59 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

Somebody thinks Trump is a political genius?

Well, I think it's more along the lines of idiot-savant self-promoter.

But, he did fairly brilliantly in "speaking to" the deplorable-types in the states that Hillary ignored.

He's cruel, inhuman, indecent, and across-the-board lowbrow.  No one realized how well the lowbrow worked with the, well, lowbrow people.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1