Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

According to the Vanity Fair article (there's so much crossover on threads with this topic now I'm going to assume it's on one of the three most read) that discussed Hope Hicks, apparently she is a little upset that the public is blaming her (as if she is the spreader). While she may have spread it to the President due to proximity, with the amount of people in his set that are walking around without masks, the tweet above that says more are going to be testing positive makes sense.

I mean, is Don Jr going to call up his supplier and say, 'hey, you should go get tested?' No. Is Kimberly G. going to call up the entire state of Michigan or wherever she's been within a five hundred mile shouting radius and do likewise? No? These are selfish callous people.

Even though the Rose Garden is outside, it looks as if not only was there no distancing, but that many of those folks then went out and did other things with other people sans masks sans distancing. So, Dr. Fauci--skip the Task Force meetings because these people put you at risk.

7 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

everything you said is accurate, except the winning.  he's going to get crushed like he always was.

"i'm so strong and i beat the virus" plays fine with people who are already voting for him.  would've played great in march.  but now, with 210k dead, not so much.  he's played fast and loose with safety precautions and urged dem governors to do likewise.  he put millions at risk and now himself at risk.  he had no plan for the nation, he couldn't even keep himself safe.  that's the takeaway.

also, these are not your typical 14 campaign days leading up to the election.  the election is happening right fucking now.  how could any hesitant trump voter go pull the lever for him while he's in quarantine.  this would've fucked him anyway, but he's turbo-fucked now.  it's over.

All of this makes sense, based on the presumption that the voting public is dominated by rational voters.

Rational voters.  Americans.

maxresdefault.jpg

This election remains a toss-up.  It will stay that way.  Because a huge chunk of us is really, really, really fucking stupid.

Edited by Brisketexan

Just now, henrygandorf said:

the 38% gonna 38% like always.  they've been beyond saving for some time now.

we don't need them.

38% at close to 100% turnout + suppression of opposition vote + outright interference with vote collection/counting + possible fraud/hacking + legal contests in friendly courts = TOSS UP.

Biden has the will of the people.  Trump has everything else.  That's a tough matchup.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

38% at close to 100% turnout + suppression of opposition vote + outright interference with vote collection/counting + possible fraud/hacking + legal contests in friendly courts = TOSS UP.

Biden has the will of the people.  Trump has everything else.  That's a tough matchup.

ok.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, triplehorn said:

GOP Donors "freaking out"

"Republican donors who attended President Donald Trump’s fundraiser at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club are panicking after being around the commander in chief hours before he announced that he was infected with the coronavirus.

GOP donors have been reaching out to Trump campaign and GOP officials for any guidance following the event, according to a person briefed on the matter.

“The donors have been texting and calling. Freaking out,” the person with direct knowledge said. This person declined to be named as the conversations were deemed private.

Trump’s campaign, as of Friday morning, has not sent out any official guidance to many of the donors involved with the event."

Bwahahahaha... if I'm worried about catching something I'm probably not going to the fuckwit that caught it for "guidance".

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Friend just got a Twitter account specifically to like Trump's announcement that he has Covid. He's been holding out for years. I can see that he "liked"  a couple of other posts, too.  Looks like he's been swept into the vortex.

Twitter is as good as the accounts you follow. If you follow trash then you'll see trash. It can be the best way to be as up to date about world developments as possible for civilians. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, it's not.

Biden is up comfortably in every state he needs to win, and then some.  It is Trump who needs to do something to get more votes.  How is he going to do that lying in his sick bed?  He has no money for ads.  He can't travel and get free media by holding rallies.  He can't even do the debates.

This thing is over.

And the best thing is, with Trump lying on his death bed, who is going to go out and start a civil war for a dead man?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Friend just got a Twitter account specifically to like Trump's announcement that he has Covid. He's been holding out for years. I can see that he "liked"  a couple of other posts, too.  Looks like he's been swept into the vortex.

source.gif 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

No, it's not.

Biden is up comfortably in every state he needs to win, and then some.  It is Trump who needs to do something to get more votes.  How is he going to do that lying in his sick bed?  He has no money for ads.  He can't travel and get free media by holding rallies.  He can't even do the debates.

This thing is over.

And the best thing is, with Trump lying on his death bed, who is going to go out and start a civil war for a dead man?

He'll get his allies to do things like [checks todays paper] close drop off places, close polling places, reduce early voting times, challenge ballot printing at the 11th hour, challenge ballots that have already been cast, etc. etc.  That's just for starters.

Biden isn't running against Trump.  He's running against the criminal enterprise that is the modern Trump GOP.  

Remember, y'all thought even the IDEA that Trump could win in 2016 was nuts.  Remember that?  I do.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

No, he has good number on the stock market.  The economy is dogshit.

I know that.  But go look at his approval rating on the economy.  They're good.  When asked "Who do you trust more on the economy," poll respondents often answer Trump over Biden.

It's just some stupid holdover because Americans are morons who think Trump is a good businessman.  It's completely insane.  But it's still a reality--we don't want this election to be about "the economy."

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He'll get his allies to do things like [checks todays paper] close drop off places, close polling places, reduce early voting times, challenge ballot printing at the 11th hour, challenge ballots that have already been cast, etc. etc.  That's just for starters.

Biden isn't running against Trump.  He's running against the criminal enterprise that is the modern Trump GOP. 

I get all that.  And I'm still telling you that he loses.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Remember, y'all thought even the IDEA that Trump could win in 2016 was nuts.  Remember that?  I do.

Please keep posting this stuff, if only to remind people not to let up.

But, @Ghost of LL is right.

16 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Wouldn't read too much into that.  trump is soft and weak.  I imagine the slightest of fevers has him at drama queen level 10.

A germaphobe like Trump is freaking out right now. Any symptoms and we know he has some and he is scared shitless.

1 minute ago, SizzleChest said:

Please keep posting this stuff, if only to remind people not to let up.

But, @Ghost of LL is right.

Maybe he is.  But I see a shitload of fucking victory laps.  No.  Fuck no.  There was no way he could win in 2016, remember that?

This fucking asshole, and his entire movement, don't just need to be defeated.  We need to defeat them totally and completely, in every race possible, and then continue it in 2022, and then 2024, and then....

MAKE THE RUBBLE BOUNCE.

Thinking you've defeated this cancer is the surest way to end up dying from it.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Maybe he is.  But I see a shitload of fucking victory laps.  No.  Fuck no.  There was no way he could win in 2016, remember that?

This fucking asshole, and his entire movement, don't just need to be defeated.  We need to defeat them totally and completely, in every race possible, and then continue it in 2022, and then 2024, and then....

MAKE THE RUBBLE BOUNCE.

Don't defeat, delete! Don't defeat, delete! Has a nice ring to it.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

MAKE THE RUBBLE BOUNCE.

This is like the fourth quarter of the Big 12 CG against Colorado.  Yeah--we're not going to let up.  The game is not over.  We're still out there preventing Colorado from scoring.

But nobody out there should be thinking that Colorado has a chance to come back and win.

Biden is going to win this thing comfortably one month from tomorrow.  And the best part about it is that a fat man who is drowning in his own fluids isn't in any position to lead a civil war.  This has the very real potential to be an amazingly wonderful end to a horrid year.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And I'm telling you you're counting a fuckload of chickens when you've got nothing but a handful of eggs.

disagree.  i think there's plenty of ptsd and wishcasting, but there's also plenty of head-on-a-swivel-won't-believe-it-til-he's-gone folks out there.

i'm not popping bottles.  but that bitch is on ice.

it helps when plenty of states have literally a month's worth of voting time.

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

Biden is going to win this thing comfortably one month from tomorrow.  And the best part about it is that a fat man who is drowning in his own fluids isn't in any position to lead a civil war.  This has the very real potential to be an amazingly wonderful end to a horrid year.

even the most agonizing tv shows typically have a happy ending...

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

but there's also plenty of head-on-a-swivel-won't-believe-it-til-he's-gone folks out there.

I confess that may be it.  I am, to some extent, in the "threat assessment and threat elimination" business.  It ain't over till I see zero movement on the battlefield AND we've thoroughly bayonetted all the bodies.  Until then, it's a full-on battle that remains in doubt.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

disagree.  i think there's plenty of ptsd and wishcasting, but there's also plenty of head-on-a-swivel-won't-believe-it-til-he's-gone folks out there.

i'm not popping bottles.  but that bitch is on ice.

it helps when plenty of states have literally a month's worth of voting time.

I’ve got 2-3 pours left in a bottle of Pappy that I have been saving for a special occasion.  I suspect that bottle will be empty soon.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There was no way he could win in 2016, remember that?

find me dozens of tweets from 2016 about how people were willing to crawl through broken glass to vote for hillary/against this fucker and we can start having the comparison conversation.

this ain't that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is like the fourth quarter of the Big 12 CG against Colorado.  Yeah--we're not going to let up.  The game is not over.  We're still out there preventing Colorado from scoring.

But nobody out there should be thinking that Colorado has a chance to come back and win.

Yeah, you're not talking about the one with Chris Simms are you?

😝

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, ndawg said:

We may have enough momentum to kick Trump out of office, but we need enough momentum to undo the damage he's done in order to save the country.

This is really, really, really important.  Thus my "make the rubble bounce" and "bayonet the bodies" points.  We don't need to just win the day.  We need to unconditionally control things, so we can repair the massive fucking damage.  If Biden wins, I damned well hope his admin realizes that this is a second American reconstruction.  And it's more like the post-Civil War than the post WWII era, because this time (unlike WWII), we suffered the bulk of the damage.  And so much of it was fucking self-inflicted.

Just now, henrygandorf said:

find me dozens of tweets from 2016 about how people were willing to crawl through broken glass to vote for hillary/against this fucker and we can start having the comparison conversation.

this ain't that.

And find me this level of voter suppression effort, closing of polling places, removal of ballot drop offs, curtailment of early voting, and invitations for GOP goons to intimidate voters at the polls.  This is not a level playing field election.  We need linemen who can fight through blatant holding, tripping, and clipping, using power and sheer will to destroy the QB.  Because the other side is pretty shameless about cheating.

Just now, Kyrie Eleison said:

first things first, dawg.

Agreed. But after the election, the coalition behind Biden will begin disbanding. We're likely to need to muster up the will to carry out justice without the benefit of, say, The Lincoln Project's witty ads.

We have work to do.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

No, it's not.

This thing is over.

Also, in the wake of Donald Trump blustering at Joe Biden for wearing a mask and implying that he does it for performative reasons, only to then contract it himself, there's this important development from that important state Trump stole unexpectedly in 2016. 

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2020/10/01/wisconsin-reports-record-number-cases-hospitalizations-21-deaths/5880060002/

Helluva campaign strategy there Dotard.

I'd like to see a couple of maps:  one (like 538) showing current likelihood of each state going which way, and another that shows the R/D makeup by governor, legislature, and Secretary of State.  I think I recall that AZ and FL are the two most likely states still in doubt to commit leadership-endorsed vote fuckery, but that was a bunch of beers ago.

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

I know that.  But go look at his approval rating on the economy.  They're good.  When asked "Who do you trust more on the economy," poll respondents often answer Trump over Biden.

It's just some stupid holdover because Americans are morons who think Trump is a good businessman.  It's completely insane.  But it's still a reality--we don't want this election to be about "the economy."

Ok polling numbers vs actual economic numbers.  That's where I got off track.

You are correct, it's this stupid idea that Republicans are good for the economy / Dems bad.  Yet every fucking time the Repubs come in, slash taxes and everything goes to complete shit.  Dem comes in, fixes everything and gets things back on track but no one gives them any credit.  It's frustrating as hell that this message doesn't get through to the stoobids in this country.