Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Bwahahahaha... if I'm worried about catching something I'm probably not going to the fuckwit that caught it for "guidance".

We need to think about who has access to the POTUS if after being told they might have been exposed to a deadly virus that their reaction is to contact the WH to ask what to do.    They aren't calling their doctors but the WH.   Our system is broken.

12 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Ok polling numbers vs actual economic numbers.  That's where I got off track.

You are correct, it's this stupid idea that Republicans are good for the economy / Dems bad.  Yet every fucking time the Repubs come in, slash taxes and everything goes to complete shit.  Dem comes in, fixes everything and gets things back on track but no one gives them any credit.  It's frustrating as hell that this message doesn't get through to the stoobids in this country.

That is because Republicans see the economy differently. A good economy for them is one where the already wealthy can squeeze out additional gain, and employment is nominally good but wages are stagnant or shrinking.  The entire point of supply side economics as implemented by the GOP is to capture wealth at the top and to let the economy crash, so that they can capture more wealth again on the next recovery cycle. Labor is just a cost to them.  No different than buying a new printer for the office. They care about minimizing labor cost without regard for fair compensation for the output produced by that labor. 

The economic crash has always been forecasted and capitalized on each of the last 3 or 4 times the GOP have done this to a recently recovered economy.  At this point, it has to be intentional. They know that labor are also consumers, as well as human beings that need to support families. They just don't give a shit.  Capture the fruits of their production, rev the engines up to 11, put on your golden parachute, and let the sucker workers go down with the plane. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

No, it's not.

Biden is up comfortably in every state he needs to win, and then some.  It is Trump who needs to do something to get more votes.  How is he going to do that lying in his sick bed?  He has no money for ads.  He can't travel and get free media by holding rallies.  He can't even do the debates.

This thing is over.

And the best thing is, with Trump lying on his death bed, who is going to go out and start a civil war for a dead man?

It may not be over, but the fat lady just cleared her throat

#TeamBrisket. 538 has it about 80/20 for Biden right now. Considering how off they were in 2016, that translates to something more like 60/40 in my mind, and there's no way for them to account for legal or voter suppression bullshittery. All Trump has to do is win PA and FL both and he wins again. Maybe my PTSD is showing.

24 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

Just promoting shit for a buddy. 

Interesting...my sister works for a large wealth management company. She read me their internal research on the Regeneron news a couple of nights ago. this wasn't some bulleted summary of regeneron's recent press release put together by a college intern, but analysis by their internal analysts that are PHD's. Could be bullshit, but they were pretty damn high on the prospects for both treatment and also what Regeneron's studies showed as it would apply to the efficacy of vaccine candidates . A lot of it was way over my head, and it could all be  bullshit, but this is the kind of info that a company that manages $1Trilion + of money uses in their assessments. 

• Hook 'Em 2

16 minutes ago, tokamak said:

#TeamBrisket. 538 has it about 80/20 for Biden right now. Considering how off they were in 2016, that translates to something more like 60/40 in my mind, and there's no way for them to account for legal or voter suppression bullshittery. All Trump has to do is win PA and FL both and he wins again. Maybe my PTSD is showing.

Airplane panic attack on Make a GIF

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Not sure I'd want to give the 74 year old president anything called "experimental". 

39 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

there's only a handful of people I would be ok with doing just that. he's one of them

But has he tried it.... with bleach?

c2cf0d3df2db7ef69ca8c734b8d1ad0f.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MoJames said:

I called Bullshit when Boris was admitted to the ICU, VIP status etc. But for some reason this feels a bit more real.

I said early in the day we will know if it’s serious at all because he will quickly end up in the hospital.  If a guy his age/weight has a low grade fever, it could go to shit fast.  

edit: meaning they would already have him at the hospital as a precaution - not meaning he’s already fucked.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc