Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

I'm really torn on this.

On the one hand, I desperately want him to die.  Dead men make lousy field marshals in civil wars.  And honestly, if he's dead, there is no civil war.  The Nazis aren't marching for Mike Pence.  Trump's death would definitely be very good for the Republic.

On the other hand, I really want him to survive to see his own loss.  And I want him to keep tweeting well into the next decade.  Trump continuing to tweet unhinged shit isn't going to help Republicans in 2022.  And as I've repeatedly said, Trump is the nominee in 2024 if he's still alive.  The Republicans have lashed themselves to the Trump mast; they should go to the bottom of the ocean with this ship.

If Biden is negative, there really is no bad outcome from this.  It's the least 2020 thing about 2020.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Help me out here. Isn’t there an Aesop fable about an asshole ignoring sage advice, failing to plan ahead, mocking others that prepared for the worst, and then regretting their stupidity while dying? 

grasshopper or something? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

One of the first questions to Mark Meadows was if Donald was taking hydro and he refused to answer.

Lololol.

Heard that.  Lulz.

Meadows also admitting he has "mild symptoms."  That means they're fairly serious, I would guess.  If they were small, he'd say "he's doing fine and with no symptoms."

1 minute ago, NAVY said:

Help me out here. Isn’t there an Aesop fable about an asshole ignoring sage advice, failing to plan ahead, mocking others that prepared for the worst, and then regretting their stupidity while dying? 

The ant and the grasshopper.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm really torn on this.

On the one hand, I desperately want him to die.  Dead men make lousy field marshals in civil wars.  And honestly, if he's dead, there is no civil war.  The Nazis aren't marching for Mike Pence.  Trump's death would definitely be very good for the Republic.

On the other hand, I really want him to survive to see his own loss.  And I want him to keep tweeting well into the next decade.  Trump continuing to tweet unhinged shit isn't going to help Republicans in 2022.  And as I've repeatedly said, Trump is the nominee in 2024 if he's still alive.  The Republicans have lashed themselves to the Trump mast; they should go to the bottom of the ocean with this ship.

If Biden is negative, there really is no bad outcome from this.  It's the least 2020 thing about 2020.

I don't want him to die, don't want Pence as teh backup candidate. BUT I would mind some pain and suffering so he understands how dangerous this hoax is.

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm really torn on this.

Au contraire. If Trump gets a mild case, or even asymptomatic, then he and his supporters will definitely double down on "it's all a hoax, masks are for pussies". Then thousands of people die needlessly as a result.

You gotta start thinking like 2020, bro.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NAVY said:

http://livelovelaughbehappy.com/donald-douchebag-trumps-twitter-parable-scorpion-frog/

Different fable but spot on.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

Au contraire. If Trump gets a mild case, or even asymptomatic, then he and his supporters will definitely double down on "it's all a hoax, masks are for pussies". Then thousands of people die needlessly as a result.

This.  This is what will happen.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

hqdefault.jpg

Now you’re thinking like 2020!

11 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm really torn on this.

The bolded is an interesting point.  Without his televised platform, and some power, his tweets are just a reminder of what an unhinged loon he is.

Many seem to assume that he will remain some kind of GOP martyr (which you also imply with your "Trump 2024" notion), but I think the opposite.  He's going to be a millstone around the neck of what remains of the GOP.

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

The Boris Johnson experience. 

Even better would be for Trump, Pence and McConnell all get covid with the Boris Johnson experience and Pelosi is left in charge. Imagine Trump waking up knowing Pelosi was in charge.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm really torn on this.

Maybe the Cain Gang can take over his twitter account after he's dead, too.

2 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

Maybe the Cain Gang can take over his twitter account after he's dead, too.

There's some truth in this.  It's going to be like a cash cage grab.  Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Jared, and host of others trying to get control of that account.  Because it means $$$$.

4 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

There's some truth in this.  It's going to be like a cash cage grab.  Don Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Jared, and host of others trying to get control of that account.  Because it means $$$$.

I think Twitter will more fully enforce their rules and those morons will hopefully get themselves banned.

17 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

White House Barber:  "How you want me shave your neck, Mr. President?"
Donald:  "Give me the Brazilian."

White House Barber:  "I got you fam."  

45 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I'm really torn on this.

Dude, Twitter is going to ban Trump as soon as he's not president.  He's going to have to find another platform.

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

How will that play if someone falls critically ill and/or dies from Covid and  it is traced back to Trump's events the last two days?

GOP Donors "freaking out"

"Republican donors who attended President Donald Trump’s fundraiser at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club are panicking after being around the commander in chief hours before he announced that he was infected with the coronavirus.

GOP donors have been reaching out to Trump campaign and GOP officials for any guidance following the event, according to a person briefed on the matter.

“The donors have been texting and calling. Freaking out,” the person with direct knowledge said. This person declined to be named as the conversations were deemed private.

Trump’s campaign, as of Friday morning, has not sent out any official guidance to many of the donors involved with the event."

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Goredho said:

No one will be talking about the Proud Boys today.  The front page headlines will be about Trump and his status for the next few weeks.  No other news will be able to compete for public attention in that time.

Slight correction, my friend. It's the news attention that will not be divided, the people have no choice but to follow.

Late last night, I turned on MSNBC and CNN to hear more about the situation. They both correctly had gone live with the story and interviewed in house doctors (Guptas all around!) and White House reporters. They soberly said this was a totally new situation and veddy worrisome. Then they did it again. I presume they kept repeating the same stuff over and over again.

Because they're lazy and they are basically hostile to news. The audience can certainly handle more than one story, but TV news likes to assume their audience are earnest, timid dunderheads likely to faint at the merest contemplation that two important things may be going on at once. I believe they use that presumption to keep their lazy asses planted at their on-camera desks where they can sooth us and explain things to us multiple, unvarying times.

They pander more than report.

News will be generally unwatchable for two weeks except for actual updates containing new (EGAD!) information.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

How will that play if someone falls critically ill and/or dies from Covid and  it is traced back to Trump's events the last two days?

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

nothing (for him personally), just like everything else he has fucked up

This.  And also....

2 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

GOP Donors "freaking out"

"Republican donors who attended President Donald Trump’s fundraiser at his Bedminster, New Jersey, golf club are panicking after being around the commander in chief hours before he announced that he was infected with the coronavirus.

GOP donors have been reaching out to Trump campaign and GOP officials for any guidance following the event, according to a person briefed on the matter.

“The donors have been texting and calling. Freaking out,” the person with direct knowledge said. This person declined to be named as the conversations were deemed private.

Trump’s campaign, as of Friday morning, has not sent out any official guidance to many of the donors involved with the event."

...fuck 'em.  Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Junior's going straight to the medicine cabinet once pop croaks.