Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Now he wants a big deal on a stimulus.  

https://www.axios.com/trump-mccarthy-wants-stimulus-deal-b872e5b8-243a-44f2-adfb-998b87fd1816.html?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiospm&stream=top

Within a day of tweeting that he was calling off bipartisan talks for a coronavirus stimulus deal, President Trump phoned House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and indicated he was worried by the stock market reaction and wanted a "big deal" with Speaker Nancy Pelosi, per two sources familiar with the call. 

What we're hearing: Trump was spooked after seeing the instant drop in the stock market and intense backlash to his tweet, and he has since directed Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin to push for a more comprehensive relief bill before the election.

He wants a deal that would go beyond securing aid for the struggling airline industry and extending the small business Paycheck Protection Program. 

Mnuchin swiftly acted on the president's directive and called Pelosi Wednesday evening to tell her negotiations were back on, per a Democratic congressional aide. 

Why it matters: Few people on Capitol Hill thought a large-scale stimulus deal would be reached before Election Day, and it's still very unlikely both sides can compromise by then. However, Republicans did not expect Trump to be the one to walk away from the table, and they were even more stunned he did so in such a public way.

Washington leaders were even more baffled when, shortly after Trump said he wanted his team to abandon negotiations, he contradicted himself by responding to a headline citing Federal Reserve chair Jerome Powell calling for more fiscal stimulus and saying Congress has a low risk of "overdoing it." Trump's response: "True!" 

The sources say Trump told McCarthy in their Wednesday phone call that he agreed with Powell. Trump has long held the view that a bigger deal that delivers more money directly to Americans and businesses would help him win re-election. 

The White House and McCarthy's office didn't respond to requests for comment.

Between the lines: A person who spoke with Trump yesterday said that while he would never use the word "regret" about scuttling the negotiations, they got the strong impression that Trump realized he had messed up tactically.

Trump himself immediately backtracked in a series of tweets later on Tuesday, trying to portray himself as willing to deal and to portray Pelosi as the intransigent one.

The catch: Trump may want a big deal — one where he'd spend several trillion dollars to help himself get re-elected — but that was never going to fly with Senate Republicans. They've long been wary of yet another massive pandemic relief package after all of the money Congress has already spent.

I’m no doctor, but that D.O. of his letting him out early may have been premature if his lungs are in a bad way. It really saps your strength, steroids or not. 

I mean, it’s Trump so the guy’s screwed either way but sure isn’t a position I’d want to be in. 

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I’m no doctor, but that D.O. of his letting him out early may gave been premature if his lungs are in a bad way. It really saps your strength, steroids or not. 

I mean, it’s Trump so the guy’s screwed either way but sure isn’t a position I’d want to be in. 

You say that as if the Doctor had any say so about it.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

So, like, three times as bad as being a Third World Country then?

He’s so fucking stupid.

dumbest fucking president ever and his followers are pure rubes 

they all need to go fuck themselves and be neutered. their children also need to be neutered. it's the only way to be sure 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Maybe we can get dotard and Biden in a bidding war for highest payment to the citizenry.

7 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I would’ve thought it was going to be another week or two until we went from batshit crazy to complete fucking batshit crazy.  

2020 has a full moon on Halloween so October is coming in like batshit and going out like batshit. My teachers never told me about the Ides of October. 

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

28 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

"California is gonna have to ration water. You wanna know why? Because they send millions of gallons of water out to sea, out to the Pacific. Because they want to take care of certain little tiny fish, that aren't doing very well without water."

57 states, motherfucker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

2020 has a full moon on Halloween so October is coming in like batshit and going out like batshit. My teachers never told me about the Ides of October. 

I’ve never been into moon phases and the interpretation of things like that, but it would make sense that this year would suck on that front as well.

2 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ve never been into moon phases and the interpretation of things like that, but it would make sense that this year would suck on that front as well.

I observe the moon phases and try and star gaze now and then but I’m not into the folk tales or zodiac or anything beyond a historical interest. But 2020? All bets are off. We’ve got Ghostbusters levels of insanity and natural disasters. 

36 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

dumbest fucking president ever and his followers are pure rubes 

they all need to go fuck themselves and be neutered. their children also need to be neutered. it's the only way to be sure 

I wandered over to TexAgs today (I don't know why, like watching a train wreck and all).

YUUUGE number of them that dead-on believe Covid was intentionally manufactured and released by the Chinese (in collusion with US Democrats) solely to hamstring Trump's re-election. 

6 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Buttigieg appeared on Fox News twice in the last 24 hours and absolutely ethered Trump and Pence.  All these clips are going viral. 

Buttigieg has the stones and smarts to lance that fox bubble right in front of mlllions of their loyal viewers.

He is doing invaluable work.

Especially gratifying seeing the dim witted FoxNews talking heads have absolutely no rebuttal. Nothing. The truth justs hangs in the air with dead silence.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, LTbear said:

I wandered over to TexAgs today (I don't know why, like watching a train wreck and all).

YUUUGE number of them that dead-on believe Covid was intentionally manufactured and released by the Chinese (in collusion with US Democrats) solely to hamstring Trump's re-election. 

I had a friend of mine back in May say COVID was just bullshit to get Trump.  I told him man, everyone knows you're stupid but you're not that stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Look, I'm no President...but I think maybe the reason the little, tiny fish aren't doing so well is because California is pumping freshwater into their environment.  And you know...it's possible...since they live in the ocean...you know; that they might be saltwater fish.  

Seriously, what fucking drugs is he on?  I totally expect him to bag on California on Fox News, hell I make fun California in the shower.  But the fish/water pumping thing?  I mean, you can usually sorta see what he meant, something he took from a briefing and warped to death to fit in his tiny head.  But I can't conceive of anything he could have been told that would lead to his California fish rant.  I mean needing water to fight the fires, yeah...I get that.  But this was so far afield.  

Honestly, we need to make a safe thread with no anti-Trump shit.  Just quotes of his where DT posters can just come over and simply translate.  Judgement-free zone.  But I seriously need like a "Here's what he said, but here's what he meant."  

That whole Hannity interview sounded like a discarded Dr. Seuss manuscript being read aloud by a person with access to nuclear weapons and a primetime tv show.

35 minutes ago, LTbear said:

Texags is truly frightening. i am not being hyperbolic.

MI gov assassination plot

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3144534/1