Sarah Huckabee Sanders is terrible at this job

retread

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

To be fair, they don't really need to hold the briefing.  They could just leave up a poster behind the podium that says "I was just going to shamelessly lie to you anyway, so quit yer bitchin'."

Pretty much this.  We are better off not having to look at her horrid face.

17 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I try not to be too critical about people's looks, but hers are so wrapped up in her utterly ugly persona . . . can you imagine rolling over in bed and seeing that?  It's the whole package!

We have all done things that we probably shouldn't have done in youth, and I shudder to remember some of the things I've done, but I simply cannot imagine, no matter how drunk, how hard up, how long the slump had been, that I could ever...

God, I cant' even type the words.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve found the Vatican attacks to be odd.  On the one hand, Catholics don’t support Trump as much as other Christian religions and the Vatican is clear that it thinks Trump’s presidency immoral, so the instinct to punch back is there. On the other hand, the support from Catholics is still above 50% — there is still a lot to lose from them.  Is it just another outreach to the Catholic-hating parts of the evangelical base?  

They do realize that when you go from Rome to Vatican City (which is a different country) there is no border wall, or check point, or border patrol, right? Doesn't seem like the best analogy if you're advocating for a border wall, but what do I know. 

54 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I’ve found the Vatican attacks to be odd.  On the one hand, Catholics don’t support Trump as much as other Christian religions and the Vatican is clear that it thinks Trump’s presidency immoral, so the instinct to punch back is there. On the other hand, the support from Catholics is still above 50% — there is still a lot to lose from them.  Is it just another outreach to the Catholic-hating parts of the evangelical base?  

Given how odd they are, I’m guessing it’s some passive-aggressive bullshit from Trump, given that Pelosi is Catholic.  

Even still, that 4,000 figure is a lie as it includes people whose names appear to match someone on the no-fly list (which is a fuck ton).

Shit, my old man (and as a result, me, because we have the same first and last name) were put on the “extra screening” list several years ago (meaning that we couldn’t check in for any flights online) because my oil patch dad had a travel history that included “watch” areas. Took us several months to clear it up.

The watch list process isn’t exactly super-selective.