Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

57 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

So how will this vaccine be distributed and administered? If it needs to be kept at -90 degrees F and almost no hospital, lab, or pharmacy is capable of doing so it seems like a problem. 

Shipping via FedEx. Stored in dry ice. Find the 60 Minutes segment that aired last night where they interviewed the 4 star general that's leading Operation Warp Speed. Granted, Pfizer is not an active part of the operation but they'll need a means to distribute it. 

Add one more to the next DC outbreak, so that's three known/high-profile folks.

• David Bossie (campaign chief or something)
  • Ben Carson (HUD Secretary)
  • Mark Meadows (WH Chief of Staff)

Last time it hit over 30 people (with some claims that 2nd/3rd-round infections hit over 100 people), but we know it hit over 30 named people.

Are we taking bets this time?  They were all together at a party, without face masks, last Tuesday.

I put it at 27.

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

Shipping via FedEx. Stored in dry ice. Find the 60 Minutes segment that aired last night where they interviewed the 4 star general that's leading Operation Warp Speed. Granted, Pfizer is not an active part of the operation but they'll need a means to distribute it. 

I think it would work out to a max of about a 3-4 day delivery margin with dry ice - IIRC it melts 1% an hour or so in a well-sealed cooler.  Freezes at -110F.

I think it would work out to a max of about a 3-4 day delivery margin with dry ice - IIRC it melts 1% an hour or so in a well-sealed cooler.  Freezes at -110F.

According to the 60 Minutes segment, very smart people are working to solve all of these hurdles. For instance, they mentioned that the USVI does not have dry ice production of their own so the plan is to import dry ice from Puerto Rico.

They also made it sound like there will be a coordinated plan to ensure that people actually return for their second dose.

I want to believe this is going to work, because there honestly isn’t much left to hope for at this point.

11 hours ago, StruggleBus said:

So how will this vaccine be distributed and administered? If it needs to be kept at -90 degrees F and almost no hospital, lab, or pharmacy is capable of doing so it seems like a problem. 

In the all-new Yeti 747.  Smaller Yeti 737's will be available for distribution to medium sized towns.  Tiny towns will be visited by the Yeti Citation.

If that doesn't work ... maybe Santa?  He's used to the cold and has time on his hands after the big rush in late Dec.

Seriously, does anyone know why this vaccine needs to be kept that cold?

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

MN is dialing back a little bit, bars and restaurants close at 10pm

Couple of weeks ago I was out at a sportsbar with some friends, there was a 10pm mandated soon approaching.  

We ordered a couple of pizza's to go expecting them to arrive around closing.  They didn't.

As they shooed us out of the establishment we reminded them of the to-go pizza.  They said it would be a few more minutes and we could wait.  We requested to-go waters while we waited.  They said, "No problem but you can't drink the water while you wait".  Ok, whatever.

Well a few minutes turned into closer to twenty.  Out of pure thirst and reflex I took a sip of the water I was holding.  A staffer passing by noticed my drink and promptly confiscated the water.

TL/DR:  I got kicked out of a sportsbar for drinking water.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Couple of weeks ago I was out at a sportsbar with some friends, there was a 10pm mandated soon approaching.  

We ordered a couple of pizza's to go expecting them to arrive around closing.  They didn't.

As they shooed us out of the establishment we reminded them of the to-go pizza.  They said it would be a few more minutes and we could wait.  We requested to-go waters while we waited.  They said, "No problem but you can't drink the water while you wait".  Ok, whatever.

Well a few minutes turned into closer to twenty.  Out of pure thirst and reflex I took a sip of the water I was holding.  A staffer passing by noticed my drink and promptly confiscated the water.

very sad

Great. Our winter of darkness just got darker

Wyoming governor doesn’t do state mask mandate. Wyoming governor attends private shindig where masks were required, and ends up in quarantine due to being around someone who later tested positive. Wyoming governor never teste positive, thanks event/venue for requiring masks. Still has no intention of making any mandates. 

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Doses for front line healthcare workers by end of Nov. The rest of us won't see it till 2021, I'd imagine. 

What about those of us who hang around nursing schools?

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Thanks. Google just showed stuff like this where the headline is end of year, so I thought maybe there was something from today instead of reading any of those. 

So my county health officer just posted about a drug just given emergency use for covid- Bamlamivimab.  Monoclonal antibody injection. First I’ve heard this drug mentioned- anyone heard of it or know anything?

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/coronavirus-covid-19-update-fda-authorizes-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-covid-19?fbclid=IwAR3Vh7DW3Zc81vl9QyivRtv9tXy7_z2v4vqK_oUvGtp08VrQnYcAzVQwKgo

Edited by Pato del Muerto

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away