Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Being prepared in some phases is completely agreeable.  But said poster often thinks we should just automatically be ‘ready’ for a virus that we know nothing about, like a new virus.  Like this one.  A lot of nuance that is lost in his “be ready for shit” posts, and his “be ready for shitposts”

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining

18 minutes ago, elfenix said:

been saying for a while: there's no way big spectator events happen until there's herd immunity through some combination of exposure and vaccination is reached.  we may have football in the fall but it'll be piped in crowd noise if anything.

BALLGA....wait maybe NO BALLGAME?  I'm so conflicted.

• Like 1

Yes, I can see where having a plan to make sure that there is enough PPE for a situation like this would be nearly an impossible task.  An impossible task on par with trying to stop an asteroid from smashing into the earth.  Of course, we have done more advance planning for trying to prevent an asteroid from smashing into the earth than we have for handling a pandemic.  I mean after all there has never been any kind of scare that we might have a pandemic before.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes, I can see where having a plan to make sure that there is enough PPE for a situation like this would be nearly an impossible task.  An impossible task on par with trying to stop an asteroid from smashing into the earth.  Of course, we have done more advance planning for trying to prevent an asteroid from smashing into the earth than we have for handling a pandemic.  I mean after all there has never been any kind of scare that we might have a pandemic before.

Yeah it's a good plan, and it should be implemented now, and going forward.  This is the first pandemic on this scale since about 1919, you know about a hundred years ago so typical of our species we forget the past, and react instead or pro-act.

I don't understand. There's about 5-6 posts just lambasting a poster for suggesting we prepare better next time. You think this is an impossibility? A ridiculous suggestion? Or are you perceiving it as CR?

You must be new here.
Anything that even implicitly questions our response is impermissible deranged attacks on....you know...someone. The only acceptable statement is that this was unavoidable, and nothing that has happened here is anyone’s fault but China’s.
  • Like 8

Just now, NeverMarryAStripper said:

IMO the biggest takeaways is shutting down incoming travel asap, stockpiling more vents, bring critical ingredients for testing back home, and have a plan to shut down which is basically a reverse of how we are opening up, and target that shut down plan depending on the location of the outbreak.  think pademic defcon levels.

Of course states would have to agree to this because no governor is going to want to shut his state down while others are up and doing business.  NY/NJ/Mass didn't shut down early enough and I think it was made worse because the Feds didn't shut down Europe immediately after China.

• Like 2

been saying for a while: there's no way big spectator events happen until there's herd immunity through some combination of exposure and vaccination is reached.  we may have football in the fall but it'll be piped in crowd noise if anything.

There are some scenarios out there but quick testing and effective tracing is the only way you can allow massive travel and events, after successful stages of little to no transmission.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You must be new here.
Anything that even implicitly questions our response is impermissible deranged attacks on....you know...someone. The only acceptable statement is that this was unavoidable, and nothing that has happened here is anyone’s fault but China’s.

Jeebus H Mc gilIcutty, you know damned good and well what Hugo was doing.  He can only do one thing.  Back to the ledge.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Nuke China?

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m sure we could find a way to eliminate a virus we don’t know exists, in advance.   Sounds like something Soviet Russia would invest in.  

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

agreed. next time the plan is to stop all incoming air travel and quarantine NY/NJ immediately

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

While we’re on it, I’ll be sure to tell the comets, the Kuiper Belt, and the Asteroid Belt to make sure they slow their roll, and not sneak up on us

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Oh, and cure cancer, Lupus, ED, HIV........... 

15 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Being prepared in some phases is completely agreeable.  But said poster often thinks we should just automatically be ‘ready’ for a virus that we know nothing about, like a new virus.  Like this one.  A lot of nuance that is lost in his “be ready for shit” posts, and his “be ready for shitposts”

These thoughts all brought you by the same posters who think China should have instantly recognized a novel disease was spreading and shut it down immediately, that everything is 100% China's fault, and that no one else could have done anything to slow or stop it. Or, as I like to call them, complete fucking idiots. 

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You must be new here.

Yup. 

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You must be new here.

I think our response has been pretty damn good 2.2M to less than 100K.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

There are some scenarios out there but quick testing and effective tracing is the only way you can allow massive travel and events, after successful stages of little to no transmission.

per the pod i posted above we just aren't going to have that number of tests. 

testing may get more accurate, though, as it turns out the viral load is higher in sputum and saliva than in the deep nasal cavity, so trying to swab back there (which is a point of failure for the current test) may not be necessary.

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

These thoughts all brought you by the same posters who think China should have instantly recognized a novel disease was spreading and shut it down immediately, that everything is 100% China's fault, and that no one else could have done anything to slow or stop it. Or, as I like to call them, complete fucking idiots. 

Yup. 

Fuck China right in the ass...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You must be new here.

Also, anything Hugo says has the "OMG DONT CR IT UP" sheep freaking out.  Even though there was nothing CR about "we should prepare better for these types of things" 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Had doc consult. Going to get antibody test in the morning. He says it’s very murky whether or not antibodies protect against reinfection, but to be careful because if I test positive and it gets out I’ll end up being errand boy for the neighborhood. 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Yup. 

This post brought to you by a sad fuckstick that couldn’t see we were picking on Hugo, because he’s fucking Hugo.  

not to mention the fact that China did everything they could do for almost 2 months to keep a lid on this ordeal, including using their proxy org The WHO to double deal for them.   What a fucking time to be alive.   

I can’t even believe you wrote what you just wrote with a straight face.    Well, yeah I can.  But go ahead, and neg away you little bitch. 

• Like 8

Just now, Trey3216 said:

This post brought to you by a sad fuckstick that couldn’t see we were picking on Hugo, because he’s fucking Hugo.  

not to mention the fact that China did everything they could do for almost 2 months to keep a lid on this ordeal, including using their proxy org The WHO to double deal for them.   What a fucking time to be alive.   

I can’t even believe you wrote what you just wrote with a straight face.    Well, yeah I can.  But go ahead, and neg away you little bitch. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Cloak Roomers calling out hyperbole and a lack of nuance is the height of sweet, sweet, delicious irony.....

Perhaps you're unaware, but OnBoard and most of the others here who keep bitching about "CR" are, in fact, CR regulars. You just happen to agree with their position. 

• Like 5

Just now, Foosters said:

Perhaps you're unaware, but OnBoard and most of the others here who keep bitching about "CR" are, in fact, CR regulars. You just happen to agree with their position. 

And in true CR fuck-stick form, your post and what I wrote about a lack of nuance are spot fucking on....

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Foosters said:

Ya know there's posting in the CR, and there's your entire existence here is the CR, and everything you post about is CR angled, and anyone who dares disagree with your particular skew of life is an asshole, racist, sexist, or bigot. Sometimes all 4.

• Like 4

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

Ya know there's posting in the CR, and there's your entire existence here is the CR, and everything you post about is CR angled, and anyone who dares disagree with your particular skew of life is an asshole, racist, sexist, or bigot. Sometimes all 4.

hahahaha

keep up the CR gatekeeping!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, justhookit said:

Ok, pulled some of the more interesting lines out for those that don’t want to read the whole thing. He has tested almost 900 patients so far.

For a local doc that’s a pretty big undertaking. His data seems to line up with the trends we are seeing across the country. As the doc knows, his sample is only slightly random. I don’t think he’s getting published with his “study” but kudos for tackling the testing in a clinical setting. Of course someone could compile his data with others for a meta-analysis.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Had doc consult. Going to get antibody test in the morning. He says it’s very murky whether or not antibodies protect against reinfection, but to be careful because if I test positive and it gets out I’ll end up being errand boy for the neighborhood. 😂

A doc said that?

Aggy has one real game scheduled before closing the season vs bama and swamp aggy. The season is getting canceled while they're 9-1, the rest of the conference has beaten each other a couple times, and they're putting a SEC championship on the wall.

Book it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Herd immunity looks like it means around 500,000 total deaths at this point. I give it 7 months.

well in normal life, the US gets to 500,000 in 2 months @8,000 deaths a day.. not from an infectious disease, but its a jaw dropping #  to how much death happens

Who knows what the % is of those who die from covid wouldn’t have made it to next week in a normal year

• Like 1

His post was innocuous. We should always be prepared for novel viruses and execute plans and clearly communicate those plans with the public and partners.

I think this topic is academic at this point. And not without controversy or worth debating in his particular thread.
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Cool, now compare that to say the response of the United States where we've constantly been saying its under control and everything is fine. Should the world believe us? Should they ban all travel to their country from the most infected country in the world?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You just described yourself

• Like 2

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away