Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

14 hours ago, woohorn said:
15 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I watched my wife get a covid test a few days ago and it was not that. Her eyes watered a bit but nothing like that

But she doesn't have any gag reflex if menory serves.

Just be sure only Menory serves her 

Edited by Trey3216

14 hours ago, woohorn said:
15 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

I watched my wife get a covid test a few days ago and it was not that. Her eyes watered a bit but nothing like that

But she doesn't have any gag reflex if menory serves.

Edit:  Bork 

Edited by Trey3216

13 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

So the packers showed some improvement today, cattle hit 80K for the first time this week, up 10% from yesterday, hogs are up about 22K from yesterday, about 10% better as well. Getting back towards 2/3rd of normal run rates. Still leaves a big hole but if we improve into the weekend the worst may be past there, still probably be hit and miss on certain cuts through to mid to late May. 

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/30/latest-on-covid19-in-mn

The latest turns in Minnesota's outbreak seems to be focusing on nursing homes and meat packing plants. The bug has also gotten into Gold n Plump's poultry plants in Willmar and Cold Spring. JBSin Worthington is opening enough to start killing hogs but not processing them. 

Two more weeks of stay-at-home. Thanks to those who won't follow guidelines, we now have orders. 

Several restaurants and breweries are opening up only their patios and spacing tables at least six feet apart. I wonder if that will help. The doctors and medical experts all say our numbers are still increasing and it's too soon, even under the white house guidelines. Do we not believe them or just don't care cause stock prices and shit?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Having the campus closed has really put a dent in Baylor's rape numbers. They feel they need to open to get those back to an acceptable level.

14 minutes ago, GopherRock said:

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/04/30/latest-on-covid19-in-mn

The latest turns in Minnesota's outbreak seems to be focusing on nursing homes and meat packing plants. The bug has also gotten into Gold n Plump's poultry plants in Willmar and Cold Spring. JBSin Worthington is opening enough to start killing hogs but not processing them. 

Two more weeks of stay-at-home. Thanks to those who won't follow guidelines, we now have orders. 

All of Nebraska's a pretty well packing plant tied at this point too. Killing hogs at Worthington will help take some of the pressure off the barns at least, I'd rather they sacrifice the ready hogs than the young ones so we minimize the echo shortage later on. I also should have noted we sold a lot of pork for export to China last week too, so it appears we are going to be pretty committed to cleaning out cold storage the greatest extent possible. 

26 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Daughter was a on her orientation call with George Washington. They want to be open, but did not sound very optimistic. With DC announcing at least 2 months until they start opening up it will be interesting to see what they do. The good thing is they said they would defer enrollment for students until January with no impact on scholarships, etc. 

I for one cannot wait for the lawsuits from the Karens and Sarahs once little Jenny gets sick because it was mandated she live in a dorm. Hell, we all know how fast the flu goes around in those places. 

13 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Several restaurants and breweries are opening up only their patios and spacing tables at least six feet apart. I wonder if that will help. The doctors and medical experts all say our numbers are still increasing and it's too soon, even under the white house guidelines. Do we not believe them or just don't care cause stock prices and shit?

Stock prices and shit?   There are fucking people losing their entire livelihoods right now man.  

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Stock prices and shit?   There are fucking people losing their entire livelihoods right now man.  

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Scary stat I heard from an interview with a CA Sheriff (forget the area) - used to deal with a suicide a week +/-......now they are estimating close to 5/day.  That's bananas.  Now multiple that across the country.  

Probable that the corona did it. Put em in the calculator. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

then they have nothing to lose by staying quarantined

think of someone else besides yourself for a change, comrade

By having a shut in, a lot of businesses and business owners are losing their entire life’s work.  That was my reference.  Maybe think about things other than the stonk market and shit? 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

For your AM livestock report, fresh beef prices slowed their rise but are still moving higher with focus on reports that fast food is trying to secure as much grinding meat as possible, fresh pork is just about to $100 with freezer stocks getting drawn down more by non-traditional buyers. Doesn't seem like a lot of movement on the plant front but I've got guys able to ship steers for the first time in a month to Dodge City so hopefully that's a good sign. 

TRUMP!

My first demerit???

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can we make sure this shit doesn’t happen again.  Like maybe we should have a plan in place next time.

I’m sure we could find a way to eliminate a virus we don’t know exists, in advance.   Sounds like something Soviet Russia would invest in.  

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I’m sure we could find a way to eliminate a virus we don’t know exists, in advance.   Sounds like something Soviet Russia would invest in.  

Typical lame attempt by the head CR denizen to CR the entire board.....  

EDIT:  Leave it to whoever BLKTY is, (who never posts anythng it seems) to be a little cunt.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 6
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, workswithseed said:

Don't let js1 mess with you. You can use "I".

Stop thinking about yourself! We are a family here.

America needs a plan for coronavirus. And surly needs a plan for the aggy fucking shit up. 

17 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Can we make sure this shit doesn’t happen again.  Like maybe we should have a plan in place next time.

agreed. next time the plan is to stop all incoming air travel and quarantine NY/NJ immediately

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

31 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

then they have nothing to lose by staying quarantined

think of someone else besides yourself for a change, comrade

If he had written, “There are fucking people who’ve lost their entire livelihoods man,” then your response would make sense. But it is clear he means that some people might still be able to save their livelihoods. So your statement, “then they have nothing to lose by staying quarantined,” does not follow from the sentence he wrote. They do have something to lose: their livelihoods.

Your comment, “think of someone else besides yourself for a change, comrade,” also makes no sense when the point of his post is expressing concern for other people. I’m not saying open up or don’t open up. But your response to what was actually written is so bizarrely off base it stands out even by surly standards. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

People care about making a living. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I understand the sentiment. 

1 hour ago, justhookit said:

Ok, pulled some of the more interesting lines out for those that don’t want to read the whole thing. He has tested almost 900 patients so far.

“Summary: Between 26% and 34% of Dr Campbell's patients have been exposed to the COVID- 19 virus, with no hospitalizations or ICU stays, even for patients in the High Risk category over 60 years of age.”

“Approximately 70% of the patients who tested positive for the IgG antibody had experienced moderate symptoms of this disease in the previous 30-45 days. About 30% of the IgG positive patients did not report any notable symptoms, or indicated conditions so mild one couldn't guess at the virus being present.  The mild symptoms included a moderate headache and fatigue.”

“Based on my observations, studies I have read, and clinical knowledge, I believe that there is a false-negative in PCR testing in roughly 1 out of every 5 cases.  That error ratio is present even when the patient is severely sick and the virus is everywhere in their body.  When the patient is only mildly sick or not displaying any symptoms of illness, the amount of virus present in their nose is so low, it is unlikely to get a positive PCR result.  I tested roughly 20% of my asymptomatic patients who were IgM positive.  As of this morning, 90% of them were PCR negative, meaning no virus could be found by nasal swab.  Some might conclude that means the antibody test is wrong; I wholeheartedly disagree.  I believe that the patient is not sick enough to produce the virus everywhere in the body, and the nasal swab simply isn't collecting mucous that is infectious.  There is some merit to the thinking that the patient isn't contagious in that scenario.”

edit- well lost some other quotes and some thoughts because of website borkage. Fuck it I’m going to the beach. Hopefully later when surly is running right @Newdoc and @ChiTownDoc might have some insights. 

The end  of that post is key.  I was seeing over 30 patients a day when I would have had C19. It was late Feb/Early March well before we had full precautions in Chicago.  I only had the loss of smell.  If this was spreading I would have seen patients turn positive.  We had zero cases in my facilities/hospitals 2 weeks after that time period.  On a typical week I'll go to 12-15 hospitals/SNF's...providing actual patient care at each place.  That many places and zero spread is pretty crazy.  If you're asymptomatic you're definitely not shedding much virus in most cases. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

While we’re on it, I’ll be sure to tell the comets, the Kuiper Belt, and the Asteroid Belt to make sure they slow their roll, and not sneak up on us

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

45 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

People care about making a living. Not saying it’s right or wrong, but I understand the sentiment. 

Yeah, and it sucks something fierce. But there are ways to help wage earners and small business owners without defying doctors and health experts and putting workers and consumers in danger. If you really think this is about helping them, well, there's not much else I can say that isn't blatantly obvious. It still begs the question, do we not believe the experts or do we just not care? The shut downs have already been devastating. If the doctors say another month or more is required, it makes no sense to go against that, except for the obvious need to help the economy numbers.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

been saying for a while: there's no way big spectator events happen until there's herd immunity through some combination of exposure and vaccination is reached.  we may have football in the fall but it'll be piped in crowd noise if anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trey3216 said:

While we’re on it, I’ll be sure to tell the comets, the Kuiper Belt, and the Asteroid Belt to make sure they slow their roll, and not sneak up on us

I don't understand. There's about 5-6 posts just lambasting a poster for suggesting we prepare better next time. You think this is an impossibility? A ridiculous suggestion? Or are you perceiving it as CR?

• Like 5

Just now, Foosters said:

I don't understand. There's about 5-6 posts just lambasting a poster for suggesting we prepare better next time. You think this is an impossibility? A ridiculous suggestion? Or are you perceiving it as CR?

You always this obtusely stoopid or just selectively ?  Maybe it's a permanent condition, that must suck.

• Fuck You 3

2 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Being prepared in some phases is completely agreeable.  But said poster often thinks we should just automatically be ‘ready’ for a virus that we know nothing about, like a new virus.  Like this one.  A lot of nuance that is lost in his “be ready for shit” posts, and his “be ready for shitposts”

• Like 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away