CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

6 hours ago, Captainant said:

I wonder how much of that $10k/day actually goes into care and physician pay, and how much goes to insurance companies for doing nothing but collecting premiums

One of our VPs got it pretty bad, and eventually had to go into the hospital for a day. He said it was 58k.  Obv not what he paid, but what was billed.  Dude is straight as can be about everything, so no reason I wouldn’t believe him, but I was floored when he told me that. 

17 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Someone explain this like I'm 5 years old.  Are they trying to say the vaccine trials only assessed for symptoms?  That can't be right.  Surely they administered periodic tests to everybody in the test.  Surely that 95% number is vaccine recipients who did not contract the virus, regardless of whether they developed symptoms.  Right?

Nope. Pfizer only gave covid tests to vaccine testers who reported covid like symptoms. Not all 50k (or whatever) people. The vaccine is only being touted that it will help you not get symptoms. They think there’s a good chance that the vaccine and resulting antibodies will prevent the virus from taking hold in your body and making you contagious but they don’t positively know that.

I know this sounds like a technicality (or bs) in how they’re reporting 95% effective but apparently this is how all pharma #s are always reported.

fyi, if you ask someone that got covid, they will most likely tell you that they wished there had been a vaccine that could have been effective in stopping their symptoms from developing.

• Hook 'Em 1

I quoted the second entry because the first one was "able to be touched" which obviously doesn't fit. I actually had to go three to four sources deep to find a definition that wasn't "being able to be perceived by the senses". I was trying to actually play ball in the childish ass field that Wanker Bob rolled out for us to play on. I could have just posted the first three definitions I found related to tangible meaning "able to be touched" and made this argument look even more ridiculous. But I'm not petty like that.
But anyway, I'm done with this nonsense. Ya'll are free to continue to police the boards for posts that aren't sufficiently critical of Trump, but leave me out of it. 

I can’t put my finger on why, but this discussion seems silly.

21 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yesterday, we found out that my wife's brother, who is about as typical a Texas Baptist music minister as you could possibly imagine, has been taking my wife's parents out to dinner once or twice a week for a while now.  They are in their 90's, with failing health, including Parkinson's disease, diabetes, and a heart condition.

We had already told them they couldn't come over for Christmas dinner.  They came for Thanksgiving and we had a nice time eating outside, but Christmas weather is harder to predict and the forecast doesn't look good.  

My wife is livid.  It's just so fucking STUPID.  Her brother is going to kill one (or both) of them.  Fucking Trumpy-ass motherfucker.

Looks like they've been safe this whole time if they've been doing this awhile.

• Fuck You 1

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

just like how driving without your seatbelt is just fine until it isn't

Are they wearing masks, and social distancing from others? Cause then that would be without a seatbelt, with reckless endangerment. The mask is the seatbelt. It won't always save you, but you're safer with it.

9 minutes ago, tchookem said:
44 minutes ago, workswithseed said:
Looks like they've been safe this whole time if they've been doing this awhile.

COVID has thrived on America's entitlement and stupidity, brother's got the entitlement covered... I guess you'll cover stupidity.

Maybe, but you're with me, which makes you as stupid then.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, workswithseed said:

Are they wearing masks, and social distancing from others? Cause then that would be without a seatbelt, with reckless endangerment. The mask is the seatbelt. It won't always save you, but you're safer with it.

Jesus Christ.  They're eating indoors in Austin area restaurants.  You can't eat with a mask.

There's a reason indoor dining is consider the highest risk activity, along with drinking at bars.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Jesus Christ.  They're eating indoors in Austin area restaurants.  You can't eat with a mask.

There's a reason indoor dining is consider the highest risk activity, along with drinking at bars.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzannerowankelleher/2020/12/15/this-is-how-quickly-covid-19-can-spread-in-a-restaurant-per-new-study/

The CDC recently ratcheted up its guidance on mask wearing, now recommending that “everyone 2 years of age and older should wear a mask in public settings and when they are around people who do not live in their household.” But the agency does not come down firmly against dining out, instead recommending that diners “take precautions – like wearing a mask as much as possible when not eating and maintaining a proper social distance if you are dining with others who don’t live with you.”

Even the CDC says you can do it as long as you mask up when not eating, you might want to ask if they're doing so. That seems to be the actual factor here.

“So do you not trust the CDC when they tell you to wear a mask hurr durr????”

Dude, you seem like a nice enough bloke but you’re pretty dumb.

There’s nuance in my hypothetical question that is above your abilities and I apologize for spinning the hamster wheel you call a brain too hard.

And for all those looking for the answer on “Whose fault is that Pfizer has a bunch a vaccines sitting in a warehouse?”
-

Behold! An adult in the current administration who can take responsibility!

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

“So do you not trust the CDC when they tell you to wear a mask hurr durr????”

Dude, you seem like a nice enough bloke but you’re pretty dumb.

There’s nuance in my hypothetical question that is above your abilities and I apologize for spinning the hamster wheel you call a brain too hard.

And for all those looking for the answer on “Whose fault is that Pfizer has a bunch a vaccines sitting in a warehouse?”
-

Behold! An adult in the current administration who can take responsibility!

Whoa, haven’t seen that in a while. Or ever. 

Also, now there’s a mutated virus spreading in the UK?  Great. 

Yeah, I was just reading about this new “variant” in the UK.

Their scientists are saying it’s much more infectious and Prime Minister Shambolic Haystack just canceled Christmas for much of London. This after he mocked the Labour leader for wanting to tighten restrictions earlier this week.

Hopefully with most international travel being aggressively curtailed these mutations/variants will remain localized and not spread globally.

35 minutes ago, NAVY said:

What in the actual fuck is this ding bat involved in anything let alone health policy? 

I don't know, but what you have to understand is that Hunter Biden was on Burisma's board and that means Joe Biden is disqualified from being president.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

That’s really stupid of brother in law, because covid is a very shitty way to die. But then again so is dying while locked in a room as those other ailments kill you shortly anyway. I don’t know what I would do. 90s and failing health I may want to go out living it up somewhat.
.6956545185759415201a13b419746283.gif

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I don't know, but what you have to understand is that Hunter Biden was on Burisma's board and that means Joe Biden is disqualified from being president.

Oh. This makes sense then. Guess we should just let the infant continue his treasonous assault and lay back and enjoy it. Fuck this world. 

200.gif
Nowhere near 300k people would be dead for this if just a regularly competent president were in office. Also, most likely thousands of businesses wouldn't have folded and millions tossed into unemployment if Dems controlled all 3 branches and set up a system similar to Germany's and, well, the entirely of the economic first world (except Sweden). 

True but the rich wouldn’t have received all that cash either. They are job creators right? I mean don’t they spend it all like cletus and put it back into the system?

7 hours ago, TexLonghorn said:

The bad stufff can be just so much sometimes... A short British humor interlude:

And I'll substantiate the rumor
That the English sense of humor
Is drier than than the Texas sand
You can put up your dukes
Or you can bet your boots
That I'm leavin' just as fast as I can

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1