CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

49 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Designs exist. We need builders.

There is no hybrid trebuchet/guillotine.  I have the patent.  I even trademarked "Trebutine (TM)" and "Guillochet (TM)". 

I'm working on a version that flings the head in one direction and the body in the opposite direction.  Ha ha, suck on that, losers.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

There is no hybrid trebuchet/guillotine.  I have the patent.  I even trademarked "Trebutine (TM)" and "Guillochet (TM)". 

I'm working on a version that flings the head in one direction and the body in the opposite direction.  Ha ha, suck on that, losers.

Kinda shocked the british didn't already tread this ground...

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

You are getting into the rube-goldberg territory.   Just tie a cord around the neck and stretch a cloth around the head of Mitch.  let the weight drop do the work.   Or just launch the whole fucker head first into a minefield.  We can then start a gambling pool on whether they set off a charge or not.

33 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I have to say that amongst a litany of grievances that we all could and should have with the enablers of Trump and his cult, seeing people who repeatedly said the virus is a hoax getting this vaccine is pretty high up the list. I am okay with politicians getting it who were actually out there supporting the CDC and setting a good example this year on social distancing measures. I think there is value in people who have gained the public’s trust through being honest getting it. The party doesn’t matter to me if they were not among those downplaying the pandemic. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I have to say that amongst a litany of grievances that we all could and should have with the enablers of Trump and his cult, seeing people who repeatedly said the virus is a hoax getting this vaccine is pretty high up the list. I am okay with politicians getting it who were actually out there supporting the CDC and setting a good example this year on social distancing measures. I think there is value in people who have gained the public’s trust through being honest getting it. The party doesn’t matter to me if they were not among those downplaying the pandemic. 

Shut up, plebe 

50 minutes ago, Nivek said:

You are getting into the rube-goldberg territory.   Just tie a cord around the neck and stretch a cloth around the head of Mitch.  let the weight drop do the work.   Or just launch the whole fucker head first into a minefield.  We can then start a gambling pool on whether they set off a charge or not.

I think that having the person hurled via trebuchet towards the huge blade would impart the appropriate amount of terror and remorse for them during the flight. 

If we miss the mark and only sever a limb (pretty rudimentary targeting system on this thing), no worries. Just load it up and try again. Hell, the wagering on the accuracy would certainly increase the entertainment factor, and if you make all of this a pay per view we can wipe out the national deficit. 

The only real question would be finding a counterweight heavy enough to hoist the Orangutan in Chief to his prime time reward. He'd probably love to know that the ratings would be huuge. 

Edited by NWBuck

23 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I could design a trebuchet that flings the just-separated head into the crowd, if anyone is interested in funding the development.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

56 minutes ago, NWBuck said:

I think that having the person hurled via trebuchet towards the huge blade would impart the appropriate amount of terror and remorse for them during the flight. 

If we miss the mark and only sever a limb (pretty rudimentary targeting system on this thing), no worries. Just load it up and try again. Hell, the wagering on the accuracy would certainly increase the entertainment factor, and if you make all of this a pay per view we can wipe out the national deficit. 

The only real question would be finding a counterweight heavy enough to hoist the Orangutan in Chief to his prime time reward. He'd probably love to know that the ratings would be huuge. 

Not sure why, but this discussion made me think of this.

HollowShowyKouprey-small.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I wonder if someone at NYT has a sense of humor when creating their covid graphics. this one looks amazingly like 45's signature.
EpT2FpoXIAoooXc?format=jpg&name=medium

also, jfc @Anastasis, stfu. You really don't think the fucking incoming president should get a shot for a vaccine that has killed 300K+ people in this country?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I wonder if someone at NYT has a sense of humor when creating their covid graphics. this one looks amazingly like 45's signature.
EpT2FpoXIAoooXc?format=jpg&name=medium

also, jfc @Anastasis, stfu. You really don't think the fucking incoming president should get a shot for a vaccine that has killed 300K+ people in this country.

Yeah, I definitely diverge from Anastasis on that point - I believe that the current top of the line of succession (POTUS, VP, Speaker) should get the vaccine - because their health is literally a matter of national security.  And the same goes for the POTUS and VP-elect.  We're talking 6-8 people by my reckoning, so it's minimal.  But the top of the exec branch is the CINC and reasonably likely CINCs.  National security says those people get vaccinated.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, I definitely diverge from Anastasis on that point - I believe that the current top of the line of succession (POTUS, VP, Speaker) should get the vaccine - because their health is literally a matter of national security.  And the same goes for the POTUS and VP-elect.  We're talking 6-8 people by my reckoning, so it's minimal.  But the top of the exec branch is the CINC and reasonably likely CINCs.  National security says those people get vaccinated.

We don't disagree.  I can see an argument for the immediate line of succession.  Lindsay Graham and Rubio and Ernst can fuck right off though.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, bolverk said:

Umm...shouldn't we start to consider canceling flights from the UK at this point? I mean, 30 other countries have already done so and UK scientists are estimating this new variant is like 70% more contagious.

It's just a thought.

Dotard will wait another week then brag how he was first. 

• Rage+1 2

Well, I decided that
I'd get my cowboy hat
And go down to Marble Arch Station
'Cause when a Texan fancies
He'll take his chances
Chances will be taken
That's for sure

And them limey eyes
They were eyein' the prize
That some people call manly footwear
And they said "You're from down South
"And when you open your mouth
"You always seem to put your foot there"

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

c33f799c5b430970809f71fbcd00a549.gif

BTW, how your folks doing?

Mom is recovered. Sister did an excellent job in getting her taken care of and has now gone back to Denver.

Dad is still in the hospital where they expect him to be a couple of more weeks. At 83, I'm afraid it's going to be a slow process and am pretty sure he'll need some PT to build back up some of his muscle strength after lying in a hospital bed for a little over three weeks now.

• Like 4

One of my friends on Facebook has posted quite often that the virus is a hoax and that the vaccine is, too, and that it's all about the fact that "they"  want to control us.  Today she breathlessly posted that AOC had just received the vaccine before millions of at risk people.  I said "why do you care? As we know, both the virus and the vaccine are hoaxes, so why do you care if she takes a phony drug for a phony hoax?"

No response so far.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

One of my friends on Facebook has posted quite often that the virus is a hoax and that the vaccine is, too, and that it's all about the fact that "they"  want to control us.  Today she breathlessly posted that AOC had just received the vaccine before millions of at risk people.  I said "why do you care? As we know, both the virus and the vaccine are hoaxes, so why do you care if she takes a phony drug for a phony hoax?"

No response so far.

Some Trump supporter from my hometown was scolding me that my opinion about Trump's efforts to effect world peace was "shit" because I haven't served.  I asked him about Trump's service.  Crickets.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Like I posted on twitter, why are the politicians who downplayed COVID and called it fake the first people to get the vaccine?  

We never should have expected anything different. They're good with other people dying, not with themselves dying.

20 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

We never should have expected anything different. They're good with other people dying, not with themselves dying.

And hopefully it doesn't interrupt any dinners at French Laundry or Cabo honeymoons. 

Edited by Anastasis

2 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Damn

It's Russia . . . it happens. Winters cold; Vodka cheap. you slip and . . . boom.

51 minutes ago, elfenix said:

joni ernst can get fucked with a rusty fork, tho

47 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Like I posted on twitter, why are the politicians who downplayed COVID and called it fake the first people to get the vaccine?  

Yep.

When the deniers/downplyers get it . . . it looks like a taped confession of wrongdoing.  More please. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

Umm...shouldn't we start to consider canceling flights from the UK at this point? I mean, 30 other countries have already done so and UK scientists are estimating this new variant is like 70% more contagious.

It's just a thought.

5 hours ago, Anastasis said:

c33f799c5b430970809f71fbcd00a549.gif

Don’t worry, I’m sure these tests won’t provide false negatives. 

Y’all hug the necks of any those folks in your lives. Bring them a meal or something they enjoy and tell them thanks. They’re exhausted and traumatized and are taking shit from strangers at times; all while literally risking their lives.

Tell them “Thank you”.

Well now I am in jail.

I also like how the intro had nothing to do with your point. ;)

2 hours ago, Born to Run said:
11 hours ago, Anastasis said:
And hopefully it doesn't interrupt any dinners at French Laundry or Cabo honeymoons. 

This post is so perfectly Ana...

Did not fully optimize the sanctimonious twattery, imo. 

Edited by Anastasis