CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you were trying to get at. I’m assuming they all were tested after the fact since we know only 6% tested positive.  I guess it’s possible they’re only testing symptomatic

Yeah, I was assuming those who felt ill got tested on their own.

I do think having that info and cross correlating with vaccine type, date, etc. might provide some interesting data.  It's not a huge group, but it's not nothing, either.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I posted this on the DT thread, but thought I’d mention it here too. Yesterday’s new case count in Travis County was 955, which is the third highest ever one-day count (trailing only the two peak days in mid-January 2021).

That's really bad for a Monday because of the reporting lag from the weekend.  Today's is probably going to be much worse.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Arkansas is the Alabama of Mississippis.

"“There's a fair number of people [patients in a hospital] who don't believe they have COVID and that we're lying to them,” he said."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyvjzm/covid-patients-who-wont-get-vaccinated-arkansas?utm_source=vicenewstwitter

Just tell them they're dying of dumbfuckitis and be done with it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Imagine voluntarily admitting yourself to a hospital where you believe the doctors are lying to you.  Roll these cunts to the curb and give the bed to someone else.

No shit. You go to the hospital because you believe doctors know a lot more than you do and because all of the sudden you can't breathe. Then, when they tell you what's wrong with you, in between gasps of breath you tell them they're wrong. That's a whole lot of cognitive dissonance going on there.

7 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Fucking discharge them, then.

Yea I am having a very difficult time working up a lot of sympathy these days for the purposely unvaccinated.  The kids, immunocompromised,  and those who can't be vaccinated but have done what they can are a different story of course.  If I run into a patient accusing me of lying that they have covid this will be me after I hand over the AMA form

stop-dont.gif

"The pulmonologist has attempted to convince patients and their families to get vaccinated, but he’s only succeeded about a fifth of the time. “There's a fair number of people who don't believe they have COVID and that we're lying to them,” he said.  When Dr. Meena attempts to educate his patients, he finds that the process itself can cause his patients to get unstable. “If they get too agitated, then they get more short of breath, then they require more support and then they get intubated. "

Interesting.  I may have to try this out....

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

No shit. You go to the hospital because you believe doctors know a lot more than you do and because all of the sudden you can't breathe. Then, when they tell you what's wrong with you, in between gasps of breath you tell them they're wrong. That's a whole lot of cognitive dissonance going on there.

Trump and his progeny spent the past 6 years openly pandering to spoiled brats. They have been told repeatedly that they can believe what they want, get anything they demand, and dismiss as Fake News any truth they don’t like. We’re reaping what those assholes sowed, and it sucks. 

• Rage+1 5

The lack of widespread behavior change in Austin has shocked me. Yes, some have become a little more diligent about wearing masks, but I went to the HEB on Oltorf and South Congress yesterday, and I'd say it was probably 50% masked versus maskless, including some employees. No social distancing. Lots of masked people with their noses sticking out, or chatting away with the mask around their chin. Drove home by way of Riverside, and passed a completely full parking lot in front of Cidercade. This was at like 2pm on a Monday afternoon. Just unreal.

9 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

It’s the Baptists for me.  I try not to associate with aggy.

I don't associate with aggy either. I know them, but I've cut them out of my life. I don't need to hang around diseased aggy.

8 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea I am having a very difficult time working up a lot of sympathy these days for the purposely unvaccinated.  The kids, immunocompromised,  and those who can't be vaccinated but have done what they can are a different story of course.  If I run into a patient accusing me of lying that they have covid this will be me after I hand over the AMA form

stop-dont.gif

"The pulmonologist has attempted to convince patients and their families to get vaccinated, but he’s only succeeded about a fifth of the time. “There's a fair number of people who don't believe they have COVID and that we're lying to them,” he said.  When Dr. Meena attempts to educate his patients, he finds that the process itself can cause his patients to get unstable. “If they get too agitated, then they get more short of breath, then they require more support and then they get intubated. "

Interesting.  I may have to try this out....

They should just give them injections of bleach like they want, it'll be quicker and save resources for people who actually need them.

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, SEC said:

literally the only people I know who haven't been vaccinated are both aggys, and they're buttfucking stupid.

i have an aggie friend still claims he'd rather die of covid than of a proven vaccine 

6 minutes ago, SEC said:

They should just give them injections of bleach like they want, it'll be quicker and save resources for people who actually need them.

uv light up their ass !

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Hook 'Em 1

The lack of widespread behavior change in Austin has shocked me. Yes, some have become a little more diligent about wearing masks, but I went to the HEB on Oltorf and South Congress yesterday, and I'd say it was probably 50% masked versus maskless, including some employees. No social distancing. Lots of masked people with their noses sticking out, or chatting away with the mask around their chin. Drove home by way of Riverside, and passed a completely full parking lot in front of Cidercade. This was at like 2pm on a Monday afternoon. Just unreal.
We are about to be in a shit, and I'm sorry you have front row seats for it.

people are acting like we are in stage 1.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

Cider kills covid.

39 minutes ago, SEC said:

Yea but I would be could rightfully be sued and thrown in jail for that.  Now a lawsuit because I tried too hard to educate my patient about their condition... that one would be fun to participate in. 

5 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Yea but I would be could rightfully be sued and thrown in jail for that.  Now a lawsuit because I tried too hard to educate my patient about their condition... that one would be fun to participate in. 

Do you run a family practice? I read about a doctor in Alabama who announced they will no longer see patients who aren't vaccinated. For the sake of people I know who are, football smack talk aside, sadly deep down the antivax hole, I really wish more doctors would do that.

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Imagine voluntarily admitting yourself to a hospital where you believe the doctors are lying to you.  Roll these cunts to the curb and give the bed to someone else.

If you haven't noticed, they think everyone is lying to them...  

Except Trump.

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, trauma babe said:

I can't blame businesses like restaurants and bars for not shutting things down again...but I wish they would. 

I sure as shit can blame greg abbott for ending PUA early and holding up disbursement of small business disaster relief that was already allocated which forces these business to have to choose between starving their employees, and remaining open, though.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Imagine getting bankrupted for getting sick in the wealthiest country in human history. 

• Fuck You 1

I sure as shit can blame greg abbott for ending PUA early and holding up disbursement of small business disaster relief that was already allocated which forces these business to have to choose between starving their employees, and remaining open, though.
yeah but we are getting A whole mile of border wall! those pesky browns will never figure out a way around that, and they are way to lazy to walk a mile.
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Don't have the data on this, but nearly certain that 100% of people named Enzo have taken a mug shot at some point in their lives.

Did Enzo Ferrari ever get nabbed?   I mean besides for not being able to drive 55?