CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

24 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Agree or disagree?

If Trump had been a "COVID hawk" from the beginning, the pandemic would've been over long ago and he'd still be POTUS. Just thinking about the second part of my scenario:

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

If Trump had been a "COVID hawk" from the beginning, the pandemic would've been over long ago and he'd still be POTUS. Just thinking about the second part of my scenario:

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

You believe that?  Where is the world has that happened (other than China, ha)?  Better off, less deaths?  OK.  Over?  LOL.

6 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

You believe that?  Where is the world has that happened (other than China, ha)?  Better off, less deaths?  OK.  Over?  LOL.

Due to the availability of effective vaccines, I think it would effectively be over in the US. No doubt.

38 minutes ago, Don Johnson said:

Agree or disagree?

agree, mostly

EDIT - Agree that it would have evolved differently but that doesn't mean the roles would completely reverse or anything.  Maybe our numbers look more like Germany's.

Edited by WBT

On 8/22/2021 at 10:04 AM, Brisketexan said:

“My immune system is taxed, even though I am vaxxed!

I am being treated for a virus, by the doctors who inspire us!”

Yep. I really was surprised that he stuck with that message, even through the boos. But it doesn’t matter - his cognitive dissonance cult will simultaneously think that he is literally the hand-picked soldier of God here to fight for all of their freedoms and shit, but when he said that, he was being manipulated by the Soros deep state. Both things can be true in their broken brains.

I would . . . take the vaccine  . . . in a boat.

I would  . . . take it. . . in a moat. . . .

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Wow, what the fuck happened to this dude's brain?

The idea that educated "liberals" (really, educated people in general) would be having mask burnings and taking horse paste if Trump had been pro lockdown and pushed the vaccine as hard as he could from Day 1...the fuck, man. What a selfish, myopic asshole.

I haven't worn a mask or socially distanced once in the past 18 months with the thought, "I bet this would piss off Trump" in my head.

I'll listen to an argument that the mandates were more "extreme" as a direct opposition to Trump's idiocy, but most would have still been there--and supported--regardless of Trump's positions. Because we're not all assholes.

Yeah, that don't make no sense.

Perhaps he thinks libruls would be more likely to be civil libertarians or something.

1 hour ago, Don Johnson said:

Agree or disagree?

Poll of voters in the 2020 GE

Biden voters 90% vaccinated 

Trump voters 50% vaccinated 

probably just coincidence 

Had Trump come out vocally for vaccines I have to think the Biden numbers would be the same and the Trump numbers over 80. 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 7

53 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Perhaps he thinks libruls would be more likely to be civil libertarians or something.

The irony is that "libertarians", civil or not, are just conservatives who don't want to wear the badge.  They aren't even moderate, much less progressive or (shudder) liberal.

• Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Walser said:

What is LPS

I'm gonna go way out on a limb and connect some dots . . . "Lincoln" and "students" . . . uh, "Lincoln Public Schools"?

Maybe it's "Lincoln Pubescent Students".

Or "LOL People Sheep".  

Not sure.  I'm going with my first guess.

16 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

The makers of ivermectin need to put that shit in a giant livestock-sized suppository. Then we'll see who's really about it when they have to jam a monster energy can up their ass.

Run’em all through hydraulic squeeze chutes to do it to

4 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Lincoln Public Schools. 

We haven't been back in ages, I don't think I'd recognize some of our old haunts. They opened up a hs near where I used to train/run XC and I bet that what used to be nothing but pasture is all homes now. I lived on A street up the street from the IGA--is the Zesto still around? We also lived in a little place near Havelock.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Lockdowns, vaccine passports, elevated police presence, curfews, etc., seems more right wing imo.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

We haven't been back in ages, I don't think I'd recognize some of our old haunts. They opened up a hs near where I used to train/run XC and I bet that what used to be nothing but pasture is all homes now. I lived on A street up the street from the IGA--is the Zesto still around? We also lived in a little place near Havelock.

Zestos is still trucking along, at least on South Street. I don’t think it’s changed much. I’m guess you ran where Southwest is now. It’s filled in pretty good with residential now, and our Costco, plus the South Beltway is finally being built. 

2 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

Zestos is still trucking along, at least on South Street. I don’t think it’s changed much. I’m guess you ran where Southwest is now. It’s filled in pretty good with residential now, and our Costco, plus the South Beltway is finally being built. 

Wow, yeah, I ran a lot on the Wilderness Park trails which were pretty isolated back in the day, and at Pioneers Park. Sorry that the childrens' case counts are so high, but wow, awesome on the total vax rate though. Our area is still below 50%.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wow, yeah, I ran a lot on the Wilderness Park trails which were pretty isolated back in the day, and at Pioneers Park. Sorry that the childrens' case counts are so high, but wow, awesome on the total vax rate though. Our area is still below 50%.

My office is right next to wilderness park at 1st and Van Dorn. Parts are still isolated though. They brought back the mask mandate today, my fiancé was already wearing them since she works with life skills kids in middle school. 

The makers of ivermectin need to put that shit in a giant livestock-sized suppository. Then we'll see who's really about it when they have to jam a monster energy can up their ass.

Some people (aggy) pay double for that kind of action, Cotton.

1 minute ago, brakeman said:

"The blacks and immigrants, keep spreading the corona."

The same thing happened last summer. Since Covid started, I've made it a habit of checking the NYTimes "hotspot" map on a nearly daily basis. Shortly after Sturgis, the counties around there started glowing with higher case counts and it spread throughout the Dakotas and then moved on from there. That was ground zero the the resurgence of the virus last fall. Each day, you could just watch it creep across the country with the origin being a fucking biker rally.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Wow, what the fuck happened to this dude's brain?

The idea that educated "liberals" (really, educated people in general) would be having mask burnings and taking horse paste if Trump had been pro lockdown and pushed the vaccine as hard as he could from Day 1...the fuck, man. What a selfish, myopic asshole.

I haven't worn a mask or socially distanced once in the past 18 months with the thought, "I bet this would piss off Trump" in my head.

I'll listen to an argument that the mandates were more "extreme" as a direct opposition to Trump's idiocy, but most would have still been there--and supported--regardless of Trump's positions. Because we're not all assholes.

Interdasting..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 12