CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

The issue for self is, how not to hoard, when so many are panicing to hoard the same milk/ eggs/ meats, you want..?

Grocery stores are going to have to agree to purchasing limits per transaction until people get it in their fucking heads the virus isn't a threat to the supply of toilet paper and paper towels. 

The only shortage that makes sense is disinfecting products. Everything else is just brain dead Americans being retards.  

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Alright Clayton.

Yes, nothing is going to stop evolution of viruses.  BUT MAYBE WE CAN FUCKING DO SOMETHING TO PREVENT PRACTICES THAT EXPONENTIALLY INCREASE THE LIKELIHOOD THAT THEY JUMP ACROSS SPECIES AND INTO HUMANS KILLING FUCKING EVERYBODY ON THE PLANET. 

Jesus Fucking Christ. 

And we could have, but countries like our own decided they needed to pull their citizens out of the quarantine zone in China.

Shit is always going to jump species. About half of yall let dogs lick your face.  Nearly all of y'all eat meat bred in inhumane and unsafe conditions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Grocery stores are going to have to agree to purchasing limits per transaction until people get it in their fucking heads the virus isn't a threat to the supply of toilet paper and paper towels. 

The only shortage that makes sense is disinfecting products. Everything else is just brain dead Americans being retards.  

i don't want to take the side of idiot hoarders, but technically toilet paper/paper towels make more sense than milk or eggs or anything that goes bad.  people aren't assuming a shortage, they're preparing to camp out in their homes and not leave for 3-4+ weeks.  people aren't watching netflix because they're about to discontinue the good shows, they're just stuck at home and fucking bored.

as for the food, it's also about changing to feeding 3 meals a day to your whole family, when previously you may have had a spouse at work or children at school for meals in the morning/afternoon.  it's an adjustment, but it should work itself out once people get stocked up on essentials and stores re-up on what they need.

22 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

Can STDs be pandemics?

Yes. HIV was/is. However, only a few months ago, it was believed that covid19 could not be transmitted human to human. Fast spreading pandemics adapt. 

Aggy fucks sheep. Then fucks girlfriend. Girlfriend licks ice cream at HEB. Someone else eats that ice cream and sneezes. Pandemic. 

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

Not to mention the 2009 H1N1 Swine flu outbreak (which I know was the one Cornyn was referring to) was first found in the US and Mexico. 

Republicans are nothing but racist, ignorant, know nothing dumb fucks. It's amazing how stupid they are. 

And how proud of it they are. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

The difference is that we do not have a competent government taking it seriously and getting out in front of the issue. We all know how shitty our elected Republican officials fucked this all up.

We're also the same people who CAUSED gasoline shortages in North Texas during Harvey because of stupid fucking Facebook and Nextdoor moms with nothing better to do than to spread bullshit gas shortage rumors. 

Edited by TornACL
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I mentioned the awesomeness of Mike DeWine's sign language lady the other day and said I'd post video. I already posted it to the DT thread but I said I'd post it here. That thread moves too fast to follow anyway. 

Looks like Ferris didn't take that day off.

12 hours ago, F250 said:

https://www.instructables.com/id/The-Pandemic-Ventilator/

Many of us modify, hack, re-purpose, and DIY to save money, build something unique, create art, or show the world that there is a better way to use some device. And sometimes, just because it's cool. This is something different. It is a ventilator, and ventilators are meant to save lives. This project is called the Pandemic Ventilator, because it is meant to be used as a ventilator of last resort during a possible avian (bird) flu pandemic.

Many health authorities are preparing for the possibility of a flu pandemic in the next few years.
If a pandemic occurs that is related to the type of virus that is currently spreading in birds, they fear that it may be as bad or possibly worse than the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic. It is expected that the number of people that require treatment with ventilators may be much greater than the current number of ventilators in existence. If a pandemic were to strike, the hospitals could not just go out and buy all the ventilators they need, because there would not be enough parts or manufacturing capability. Many governments already have plans for triage and rationing programs that will determine who gets access to the limited number of ventilators and who will be left to die. When I first heard about this, I thought, "This is not good enough, if someone I know or love needs a ventilator, I would get one, I would build one myself if I had to". Thus the idea was born.

8 hours ago, workswithseed said:

Scared of the virus and the unknown about of how will it affects us. We have guns if Trump gets stupider.

Yep, a great synopsis of our world ruled by the knuckle draggers.  Let's put all our money into guns and ammo, forget about actually funding science and teams to fight off things like this to begin with.  

7 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

This guy has the Republican mindset down to an art.   This is exactly how they approach everything.   Collateral damage and the wealthy are isolated or well insured with private hospitals.  This is the machine we rage against.

6 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

So much stupid 

What are the odds he takes CV19 home to infect the parents who bankroll his dumbass in college?

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

If you want to stick your head in the sand regarding the origination of these viruses jumping across species and into humans in Southern China, that is your prerogative.  

The shit is unsafe.  You learn in Med school that those wet markets are unsafe and a breeding ground for viruses.  Not everyone that points this shit out is racist.  But some definitely are.  That’s a key distinction.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The shit is unsafe.  You learn in Med school that those wet markets are unsafe and a breeding ground for viruses.  Not everyone that points this shit out is racist.  But some definitely are.  That’s a key distinction.  

Chinese Originated Virus Immediately Destructive.

Also it's not the Han Virus. Fuck, when people think of Ebola they think that all Africans have it since it came from there.

Edited by workswithseed
They're, thier, and there

33 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The shit is unsafe.  You learn in Med school that those wet markets are unsafe and a breeding ground for viruses.

You don't need medical school to recognized the danger.  Some film producer in California basically plotted the entire thing about 10 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Tuco said:

What's your fucking point?  The most populous country in the world tends to have some weird diets, and those weird diets may be the cause of bad germs.  Of course, Europeans having farm animals is probably what resulted in multiple plagues, which European grew immunity to, but when they made contact with the Native Americans resulted in virtual genocide.  At the end of the day, there is nothing more or less moral about eating bat versus eating pig, regardless of the unintended consequences. 

Meanwhile, we have plenty of Americans who sincerely do not give a fuck that this thing could kill millions of Americans and completely overwhelm our health care system.  And we have plenty of Chinese who sincerely do not give a fuck about their country's human rights violations, most recently directed toward the Uighurs.  I'm less concerned with whether any is eating bats.  It could have just easily started in some other way, like swine or avian flu. 

I mean their eating habits have basically destroyed the economy. Unless you think like Trump and think this is some flu.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You don't need medical school to recognized the danger.  Some film producer in California basically plotted the entire thing about 10 years ago. 

Fair but it being taught in evidence based medicine classrooms holds weight.  Some will blow that producer you mention off as ‘some odd director’.  But I’m agreeing w you on the point.  

2 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

And we could have, but countries like our own decided they needed to pull their citizens out of the quarantine zone in China.

Shit is always going to jump species. About half of yall let dogs lick your face.  Nearly all of y'all eat meat bred in inhumane and unsafe conditions.

Yeah, let me know when genetic analysis of a virus causing a global pandemic in humans traces back to a dog dipshit. Twice. 

Edited by Anastasis

7 hours ago, Pancho said:

I don’t see a problem with asking questions or having the debate.  And while it may come across as heartless, the people who strongly face death with coronavirus, already have a much higher mortality rate due to their health. However we shouldn’t doom people to death because of the economy.

The other factor is that up to 20% of the remaining population face hospitalization, including young people. Hospitals can’t handle that many people. Not too mention the fact that people, that face non-coronavirus hospitalization, are screwed.

we need to quickly find a balance of manageable hospitalization and acceptable death rates without tanking the economy. The economy isn’t more important than health but world needs people to work.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I see China is back to lying. No new cases in Wuhan. Uh huh. Sure. Right.

Are there any credible reports out of China how they are doing this? I don’t mean someone reading the Chinese govt statement but on the ground, at the hospitals, etc. it seems like they’ve kicked out western reporters and everyone there is refusing to talk. It doesn’t add up.

i can buy that their strong measures have lowered the spread but zero?

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I see China is back to lying. No new cases in Wuhan. Uh huh. Sure. Right.

Can you compare and contrast their administration's lies to our administration's?  I think we got them beat on this one!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Not to mention the 2009 H1N1 Swine flu outbreak (which I know was the one Cornyn was referring to) was first found in the US and Mexico. 

We should sanction ourselves until the world community meets our demands for international inspection teams to monitor our processing plants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/inspectors-warn-unsafe-pork-could-make-its-way-consumers-under-n1097676

"The consumer's being duped," Food Safety and Inspection Service inspector Jill Mauer told NBC News. "They believe that it actually is getting federally inspected when there's no one there to even watch or do anything about anything."

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk