CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

5 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Trump's gonna win in the midst of a pandemic and massive recession.

5 hours ago, Fozzz said:

Trump out here keeping struggling families in their homes while dems mewl about what idiom they are using to describe the virus.  

5 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

wow that's bold leadership (that west hollywood implemented 3 days ago).

cities and states have been taking much better care of themselves than anything trump claims is happening.  how's that ventilator order coming along?

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Lets wait and see if this doesn't get walked back.

Also - this is only for HUD properties.

Texas highest courts' orders, dated last week (March 13). Justice of the Peace courts handle practically all evictions in Texas and had suspended those proceedings along with all others Monday.

Most courts in Texas are in some high level of suspension of cases.

But yeah, Trumps got this.

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/1446056/209042.pdf

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

SIAP

Yeah, swine flu was because of what those gross Chinamen eat, says the dude who 100% has had bacon in the last 7 days.

There's plenty to criticize China for in this, but this dumbass old fossil can't even get that right.

1 hour ago, SaucyJack said:

Texas highest courts' orders, dated last week (March 13). Justice of the Peace courts handle practically all evictions in Texas and had suspended those proceedings along with all others Monday.

Most courts in Texas are in some high level of suspension of cases.

But yeah, Trumps got this.

https://www.txcourts.gov/media/1446056/209042.pdf

But what about us landlords?  Are they going to give us a break on mortgage/taxes/insurance for non paying tenants or do we just have to float them?

19 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is cause for execution of the entire trump administration. Right on the White House lawn televised nationally. 

since we need sports right now you can just pit them against each other in a March madness style bracket gladiator fight to the death

Edited by Junior Miller
  • Like 5

Just now, Xian said:

Why the fuck are people attacking republicans over Chinese virus!  It came from China!  Attack them over shit that matters. Like killing Americans by not being prepared.   Spending money on cruise bailouts instead of medical supplies!  

i mean, fuck. God damn.   

Exactly.  He's 100% doing this to rile up his base, and everyone bitching about it is just playing into his game (AGAIN).  If China's withholding cooperation because of this, just say he should cut it out because he's fucking up our ability to respond to the crisis.  

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Pancho said:

It occurs to me that the GOPs are probably relieved about the virus because it takes focus off of their criminality and moves it to their non-criminal indifference to the people and general incompetence. That's something their fans can enthusiastically vote for! Yay, team!

Oh, there's twenty-thousand grandmas
Wave their hankies in the air
All burning up their pensions
And shouting, "It's not fair!"

There's a regiment of soldiers
Standing looking on
And the queen is bravely shouting,
"What the hell is going on?"

With a blood-curdling "tally-ho"
She charged into the ranks
And blessed all those grandmas who
With their dying breaths screamed, "Thanks!"

Me, I'm just waiting so patiently
With my woman on the floor
We're just trying to do this jig-saw puzzle
Before it rains anymore
Source: LyricFind

Rolling Stones

• Like 1

This is the shit that republicans are great to move on from the shit they do to focus on other Non important items.

like who cares where it came from, what are you doing about it.

the Democrats fall for it every time 

don’t address it and keep on making preparations points 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

SIAP

I don't want to hear one fucking word from any elected official about anything, unless it's specifically about what they're doing to deal with this shit. Jesus Fuck. 

Every stupid side argument is just an excuse to shirk their fucking responsibility to the American public. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

This is the shit that republicans are great to move on from the shit they do to focus on other Non important items.

like who cares where it came from, what are you doing about it.

the Democrats fall for it every time 

don’t address it and keep on making preparations points 

The D's are focused on aiding their constituents and making sure this virus causes the least impact. 

1 hour ago, Xian said:

Why the fuck are people attacking republicans over Chinese virus!  It came from China!  Attack them over shit that matters. Like killing Americans by not being prepared.   Spending money on cruise bailouts instead of medical supplies!  

i mean, fuck. God damn.   

It's fucking stupid virtue signalling nonsense.  The Chinese culture has some fucked up culinary tastes and the practices related to satisfying those tastes created a breakout virus that is currently ravaging through the entire planet. It's not like this is even the first time. Shit has happened before. They need to get called out on it, by somebody more articulate and thoughtful than the DOTUS, yes.  But they need to getting fucking called to account. 

Edited by Anastasis
plate/planet, whats the difference.
  • Like 1

It is so weird reading about all the panic buying going on in the USA, but it is not surprising considering the average American. Here in South Korea, stores look the same as they ever did. No hoarding. People just buying what they need to get them through the week.   Then again the government here jumped on things quickly and South Koreans almost universally followed precautions to limit the spread of the virus (social distancing, masks, hand washing, etc), plus have universal health care. If it were not for one lady, breaking quarantine to attend multiple religious services, attended by thousands, the number of cases here would have been much lower. Too bad America is full of people like that lady. 

The school year start (school year starts at the beginning of March here) was just pushed back another 2 weeks as well. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

You've obviously been hurt deep. I'm sorry man. 

Many of us are coming together.  I see families outside more, but kids are keeping distances while still riding their bikes/scooters.  We chat but keep our distance.  I am teaching my kids math, reading, writing and adding in some nature/science appreciation with my rock collection.  

I recall helping a friend fix his car one time.  He had tried to fix it on his own and messed it up.  I stepped in to correct it and immediately he started to 'help' again.    Sometimes when you don't know what the fuck you are doing, it is best to step aside and let the people who know handle it.    Your team has fucked everything it touches up.  Everything from the environment, health care, finance, military ventures, everything.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

But what about us landlords?  Are they going to give us a break on mortgage/taxes/insurance for non paying tenants or do we just have to float them?

I happen to be one myself.  My mentality is one of being on war footing, so not really a question I am asking myself.

As a "small operator", I don't allow myself to become leveraged.  

I guess you could call your Congress Critter.

With the run on grocery stores, food scarcity might be a real possibility exacerbated by the crackdown on immigrants. And if you think there's a large swath of Americans that don't go to the doctor due to a lack of insurance and can't afford to miss any work, it's worse for immigrant farm labor.

Will coronavirus affect food supply? First problem: A possible shortage of workers https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB11nGbm?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk