CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

You poor snowflake. You come on and start off accusing a poster of wanting a high death toll in order to get a Dem elected. You evidently thought it clever and would come across as, I don't know, a non-Trumpist perspective of someone just asking questions.

Nope. It was an idiotically obvious partisan fire-bomb that you thought you were tossing into a den of ebil libs. You get called out. You fall back on the tired, "Ouch, everybody here is so rude and echo chambery."

The fact is you prefer an echo chamber filled out with the round tones of Limbaugh and Hannity. You assume "the other side" is just like you.

Nope. That's an idiotic refusal to look at the posters on here as individuals. Some individuals are long-frustrated Dems. Some are long-deceived GOPs. Some actually are not partisan at all. Those with working analytical skills all see this administration and the Senate that enables it as a criminal organization that cares not a whit about the republic or the institutions on which it stands.

Go back to your safe forum and whine about the stupid, meanies on this forum who don't share your enthusiasm for the taste of the vomit that flows daily from the right's hate engine.

I hope you get your hug there. You sound like you need it.

Holy hell.  Didn't realize I implied all of this. 

2 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

We've literally had that nation wide for a week.

Even though I don't live in the US right now, it pisses me off because as the #1 economy in the world, Trump's bullshittery is literally costing money and lives around the globe.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Not defending or condemning. Just think people are working a little too hard to keep political score. Here my dumb ass assumed an existential threat like this would finally bring us all together.

It could have. But it started with him claiming it was a hoax by democrats then blaming Obama. There was no way it wouldn't be political after that. Have you seen the fox news video of 2 weeks ago vs now?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

We've literally had that nation wide for a week.

Even though I don't live in the US right now, it pisses me off because as the #1 economy in the world, Trump's bullshittery is literally costing money and lives around the globe.

I'll see if I can find a good link to Denton's city council meeting last night. They are not going to close down. 

45 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

Not defending or condemning. Just think people are working a little too hard to keep political score. Here my dumb ass assumed an existential threat like this would finally bring us all together.

Trump is still actively trying to keep us apart.  Calling it the "Chinese Virus."  Blaming Obama.  Saying he takes "no responsibility."  

Meanwhile, while being a racist asshole he also pretended to take the threat seriously for an hour.  After weeks of lying about it. And only after the market's have crashed and most of the country has shut down.  Meanwhile, there's multiple cases in my town, the local hospital is about to run out of beds, the state is short of ventilators, and the president is giving a bunch of self-congratulatory press conferences.

And I guess we're supposed to genuflect to him over some crumbs for finally  recognizing at least a month late that there's an actual crisis.  Fuck that noise.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

He's already a messiah to his bootlicking cultists. Nothing will change that. Everyone else has seen him bungle his way through this like an incompetent moron, downplaying it for weeks, no lying and saying he knew it was a pandemic before it was a pandemic, and continuing to insult people on twitter because that's just what he does. The number of deaths is irrelevant at this point politically. His followers will support him. Everyone else knows he is is a shitstain on society. There could be 5 million deaths and he'll say how great he is that it wasn't 10 million. His cultists will love him. He's toast in November. I'm finally starting to feel better about that.

I admire your optimism.  But like someone else said, that's if we have an election.  And Russia doesn't interfere. And gerrymandering and the electoral college don't screw us.  

21 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Yep, when he used the irs to fuck with people, it was just a tan suit. He was never done anything wrong.

I don't suppose it's registered with you yet that Trump's Department of the Treasury issued a report that debunks this stupid fucking conspiracy theory.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tuco said:

Sure, because a central element of all libertarians is that someone's humanity is defined by what government status they have.  

Fake-libertarianism is only exceeded in hypocrisy by fake-Christianity.  Paul excels at both.  

People say it will save $26 billion dollars.  I wonder what people those are.  Maybe go mow your lawn at 8am tomorrow. 

Here's your March 18 best example of the mind numbing level of incompetence by this administration.At least 7members of the same New Jersey have contracted COVID 19 at a family gathering. 2 have died, and 4 in critical condition.

At least seven members of a single New Jersey family have contracted COVID-19, leaving two dead and several others in critical condition. Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, died last Friday at CentraState Medical Center in Freehold, New Jersey, and later tested positive for COVID-19, her sister, Elizabeth Fusco told NJ.com. Their brother, Carmine Fusco, died on Wednesday. Four other Fusco children and their mother have been hospitalized with COVID-19, and four of them are in critical condition. Elizabeth Fusco said she is one of 11 children.

"This has been devastating for all of us," Fusco, 42, told NJ.com. "Our hearts are broken over losing our sister, Rita."

She added that 19 more relatives, including spouses and children, have been tested for COVID-19 and are waiting for the results. State Health Commissioner Judy Persichilli said doctors suspect the virus was transmitted at a recent family get together.

So we had an identified contact point at some point days ago from which a person died last Friday. We know that 7 family members are known to have been infected.  What boggles the mind is that 19 more relatives still have tests PENDING!?!?!?!   IF we can't test the 19 people directly associated with 7 infected with two of those dead, where the fuck are we?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't suppose it's registered with you yet that Trump's Department of the Treasury issued a report that debunks this stupid fucking conspiracy theory.

Maybe I should have said F&F, cause I have not. Thanks for the new info.

Edited by workswithseed

2 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

and the president is giving a bunch of self-congratulatory press conferences.

That is so vile. Listening to the press conference and the parade of underlings propping up Trump was so revolting. 

Also, the language is so generally sales-like in its upbeat, positive spin. 

Here at Trump Motors we're being PROACTIVE. That's what you've always counted on from Trump Motors where strong measures, leadership, and low, low prices are family tradition. We've got a new shipment of tests, ventilators, masks, and protective gear coming in, so all the old stock must go at incredibly low prices! Everyone who wants a test gets a test here at Trump Motors where it's always been true! We're told nobody can beat a Trump deal!

Test and ventilator provision based on credit rating and bank account. Availability may vary due to area or race. No laws apply.

• Like 5

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/a-message-from-one-of-our-doctors-to-his-family-about-covid-19

I have been in communication with a friend who is a critical care physician from the Lombardy region of Italy. The health care workers there are living in a nightmare, having to decide who lives and who dies from lack of oxygen because their health care system is overwhelmed.

In the USA, we have three pathways for COVID-19:

1. The country views this challenge like WWI and WWII, and almost everyone does the right things, and we will be harmed but okay.
  2. Many people do the right things, and many don’t, and we will have the same struggles that Italy is enduring.
  3. People blow this disease off as no big deal, and our health care system (and life as we know it) will be crippled
  • Like 1

Just now, Aqua Buddha said:

Ask a hard core pro lifer that question and wait for the mental gymnastics.

Probably a decade ago on HornFans all it took to stump them was "if life begins at conception and embryos and fetuses deserve full rights, then that should mean all the parents have to do is cross the border and conceive the child for it to have American citizenship."

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It could have. But it started with him claiming it was a hoax by democrats then blaming Obama. There was no way it wouldn't be political after that. Have you seen the fox news video of 2 weeks ago vs now?

I think it still can. As a fellow poke fan I'm sure you understand cockeyed optimism.

3 minutes ago, Pokoloco said:

I think it still can. As a fellow poke fan I'm sure you understand cockeyed optimism.

Nothing I've seen from this president leads me to believe it's at all possible for him to not be divisive. He might say some nice scripted things in front of a microphone then he'll rage tweet about democrats while taking a shit. It's what he's done for literally his entire time in the political spotlight going back years before he ran for president.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Nothing I've seen from this president leads me to believe it's at all possible for him to not be divisive. He might say some nice scripted things in front of a microphone then he'll rage tweet about democrats while taking a shit. It's what he's done for literally his entire time in the political spotlight going back years before he ran for president.

This.  Visit his Twitter page and you'd believe he has a split personality.

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

you're underestimating the american public's intelligence and bullshit meters.  your assertion is an insult to the american people.

if 1 person dies, he'll take credit and say he's doing a tremendous job.  if 1 million people die, he'll throw blame at everyone else and say he's doing a tremendous job.

for 3 years we've heard that "at least the stock market is way up".  what now?

One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic.

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk