CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Sure, I was using the baseline of old demand to make the argument that limited store access probably won't work.  Increased demand just makes it worse.

I do like what some chains are doing in relation to old people.  They're giving them an early time slot.  (They wake up early anyway.)  I wish they'd all do that.

A medical device manufacturer has threatened to sue a group of volunteers in Italy that 3D printed a valve used for life-saving coronavirus treatments. The valve typically costs about $11,000 from the medical device manufacturer, but the volunteers were able to print replicas for about $1

• Like 4

So even republicans are now essentially admitting that (1) our economic system has placed a huge portion of our population in a position that they cannot meet their basic needs if they miss a single paycheck, and (2) there is enough money to make large direct payments to individuals for basic security in their quality of life. I supported Yang because he made a damn good case for UBI. I hope after this passes people will have noticed that the money is there and that our economic system has left a ton of people on very unstable ground.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Birx is stepping up her wardrobe game, going with the royal purple. It's kind of exciting getting in front of the cameras, isn't it, Debbie? Feeling the seduction of celebrity, are we?

She's no Gretchen Witmer, doe.

So even republicans are now essentially admitting that (1) our economic system has placed a huge portion of our population in a position that they cannot meet their basic needs if they miss a single paycheck, and (2) there is enough money to make large direct payments to individuals for basic security in their quality of life. I supported Yang because he made a damn good case for UBI. I hope after this passes people will have noticed that the money is there and that our economic system has left a ton of people on very unstable ground.

If only they hadn't blown a trillion dollar hole in the deficit with their giveaway to thr wealthy.
  • Like 3

On top of the racist dog whistle, what sucks about him calling it the Chinese virus is it makes it more difficult to work with the Chinese government to contain future outbreaks.  He always manages to fuck things up much worse than they need to be.  The Chinese government does have some responsibility in this but calling it the Chinese virus is probably the worst way to go about holding them accountable.

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Those Italian company execs needs the Mussolini treatment.

I won't pretend to be an expert on Italian patent law, but in general, most of Europe plays by similar rules as the US.

The right thing to have done would have been to say "we will grant you an unlimited license to generate your 3D prints for 1 Euro per month subject to periodic review".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I won't pretend to be an expert on Italian patent law, but in general, most of Europe plays by similar rules as the US.

The right thing to have done would have been to say "we will grant you an unlimited license to generate your 3D prints for 1 Euro per month subject to periodic review".

They did that shortly after the bad publicity hit. 

Facing an avalanche of bad publicity, Labrador announced on Tuesday that it would grant royalty-free licenses to companies developing COVID-19 tests. The company also claims it didn't know that BioFire was working on a coronavirus test when it filed its lawsuit last week. The company seems to be going forward with the lawsuit.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2020/03/firm-uses-theranos-patents-to-sue-company-making-coronavirus-test/

7 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Trump's gonna win in the midst of a pandemic and massive recession.

wow that's bold leadership (that west hollywood implemented 3 days ago).

cities and states have been taking much better care of themselves than anything trump claims is happening.  how's that ventilator order coming along?

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

We all saw the "Chinese Virus" thing coming.  He'll blame it all on China and say he was on it from the beginning and 40% of America will completely believe it within days.

What’s fucking frustrating is that it isn’t one or the other 

China is fucking at fault. Fuck them. Barbaric Wet markets and Silencing doctors is complete bullshit.  Their actions created it and allows it to spread.  Calling it the China flu is not racist.  But if calling it that makes China drag their feet with info then shut up and call it something else.

trump is fucking at fault due to not taking this seriously month ago. We basically lost two months of preparation.  We still do not have testing.  Countless Americans will die to these lack of actions. 

This will officially make him the worse president of all time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

How many dead am I hoping for fuck face? Is that really your question? Not sure what I said that makes you think I want to see people die, but this thing has me fucking terrified. 

Come on man, you have a number.  You want it to be bad enough to where Trump doesn't look like a hero. Be honest.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 24

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk