CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

yeah, i'm gonna have to go ahead and tell you to fuck yourself. 

you've spent a large part of the last year trying to minimize the covid 19 pandemic and @PenelopeWitherspoon isn't fucking from new york, she just lives there now. i used to give her shit for other reasons, but realized that it was my problem i was dealing with, and less to do with her. 

i just got my new passport, and i have no fucking idea when i can use it. i love london and paris. i love hong kong and tokyo. i have friends in all these places. 

people like you, minimizing this shit, are the reason we can't fucking go see these people. 

i'm going to say that you are a massive fucking asshole who has no idea how people live. you're stuck in fucking minnesota, thinking that stateside travel is a normal thing, whereas tons of us who travel internationally are sick of bullshit like yours, where you try to minimize the virus's impact on people's way of life.

also, Minnesota sucks

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

you've spent a large part of the last year trying to minimize the covid 19 pandemic and @PenelopeWitherspoon isn't fucking from new york, she just lives there now. i used to give her shit for other reasons, but realized that it was my problem i was dealing with, and less to do with her. 

i just got my new passport, and i have no fucking idea when i can use it. i love london and paris. i love hong kong and tokyo. i have friends in all these places. 

people like you, minimizing this shit, are the reason we can't fucking go see these people. 

i'm going to say that you are a massive fucking asshole who has no idea how people live. you're stuck in fucking minnesota, thinking that stateside travel is a normal thing, whereas tons of us who travel internationally are sick of bullshit like yours, where you try to minimize the virus's impact on people's way of life.

it's divisive rhetoric like this that drives pure-hearted conservatives like @slorch from CR - you're going to drive poor MNhorn off the board with all those negs!

what's huh? There's no negs and it's just that they don't like being told they're wrong?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

you've spent a large part of the last year trying to minimize the covid 19 pandemic and [mention=550]PenelopeWitherspoon[/mention] isn't fucking from new york, she just lives there now. i used to give her shit for other reasons, but realized that it was my problem i was dealing with, and less to do with her. 

I drove across America back in March when alpha was dominant so no. I’m not stuck in minnesota. Bitch. Stateside travel isn’t normal to you? Lmao. That’s fucking weird to say. But congrats on going an entire state over to the east.

You’ll have 10 years to use your precious passport, retard.
  • Fuck You 7

5 hours ago, tokamak said:

Came here to discuss what happens now. Very similar situation in Florida and DeSantis is threatening to cut off funding. I think if the big school districts in the state band together they can call Abbott's bluff on something like that.

Wish the largest school districts would get together and make a run at ditching Robin Hood.

• Hook 'Em 2

it's divisive rhetoric like this that drives pure-hearted conservatives like [mention=354]slorch[/mention] from CR - you're going to drive poor MNhorn off the board with all those negs!

what's huh? There's no negs and it's just that they don't like being told they're wrong?

Quiet bed wetter. Get back to your corner
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Those parents are gonna be in for a nice surprise when that voucher covers maybe 50% of the tuition, school lunches are $5 instead of $1.50, all extra curriculars are an extra fee tacked on to the tuition, there are no additional services (reading tutors, speech therapy, etc), and they are constantly hounded for donations. Welcome to private school! Fuck em.

They absolutely will not care what it costs to send their kids to segregation academies.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lol, I'm not the person getting all worked up and reverting to 5th grade insults over downplaying a pandemic. Also, I appreciate you using lavar ball as your avatar. It really gets me ready for the level of discussion you bring to the board

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I drove across America back in March when alpha was dominant so no. I’m not stuck in minnesota. Bitch. Stateside travel isn’t normal to you? Lmao. That’s fucking weird to say. But congrats on going an entire state over to the east.

You’ll have 10 years to use your precious passport, retard.

are you drunk?

my family went to new orleans recently. we are all vaxxed. 

stateside travel is very normal to us. it's the main way we get our kids out. we've been all over the american west. i wish we could do more of it. but attitudes like yours are reasons why we can't do that. and also reasons why international travel is all fucked up as well. 

bitch. lol.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Lol, I'm not the person getting all worked up and reverting to 5th grade insults over downplaying a pandemic. Also, I appreciate you using lavar ball as your avatar. It really gets me ready for the level of discussion you bring to the board

Maybe he really is Lavar Ball.  Wouldn’t that explain things?

• Haha 2

Mn was a decent poster pre-COVID. Unfortunately the pandemic caused a lot of people to lose any ounce of humanity, empathy, decency and intelligence they had.  They all became dismissive, dumb, condescending, brainwashed sheep  

It makes no god damn sense. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

this is the kind of post that gets you a break.

just so you know, it won't be me. but another mod might react to this "lack of content" post. 

bed wetter. 

lol.

you're such a small person.

• Hook 'Em 2

Testing negative on every test I’ve taken is down playing the pandemic?

Paying $50 out of pocket For a negative antibody test back in May is downplaying the pandemic?

Wearing masks wherever required*GASP* wore one yesterday at the clinic getting my *GASP* kids their school vaccines *GASPGASP* is downplaying the pandemic?

Just because you’re a loser on this board and in real life that thinks today is their last day on earth because of covid mean the rest of us don’t actually take it seriously.
  • Fuck You 3

4 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Big Brother Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

image (77).png

I've seen a handful of these in the past week - covid deniers/etc. who get it, get GoFundMe's setup, and then have a hard time meeting the goal.

And it's not rocket science why they aren't meeting the goal - the other covid deniers won't donate, because that would be admitting that covid is real.

So it's probably random internet strangers who are just good people and have sympathy and empathy.

this is the kind of post that gets you a break.
just so you know, it won't be me. but another mod might react to this "lack of content" post. 
bed wetter. 
lol.
you're such a small person.

The nickname stuck after someone called him that in the DT thread months ago. He’s never denied it.
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Dad finally got his first Pfizer today.  Stopped listening to my anti-vaxx sister and maybe me getting Covid spurred him. I don't know, but thank goodness.  

High Five Tom Cruise GIF by Hollywood Suite

Have some older relatives I'm trying to get vaxxed, but there's an anti-vax contingent in the family.

Feel like another family member or two is going to have to be buried before they finally decide.

• Hook 'Em 2

Testing negative on every test I’ve taken is down playing the pandemic?

Paying $50 out of pocket For a negative antibody test back in May is downplaying the pandemic?

Wearing masks wherever required*GASP* wore one yesterday at the clinic getting my *GASP* kids their school vaccines *GASPGASP* is downplaying the pandemic?

Just because you’re a loser on this board and in real life that thinks today is their last day on earth because of covid mean the rest of us don’t actually take it seriously.

is covid a pandemic worthy of taking careful precautions? 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

it's hard to even imagine what was happening last march (of 2020) right now. we thought we would get bread, flour, and toilet paper and see this thing out for the next 3 - 6 months. here we now are in fucking august of 2021 and this shit still has a material impact on our life. 

i don't know if despair is the right word, but it's up there.

Hayden, let's go on a little trip down memory lane, because I have kept this bookmarked and look back at it every now and then, because holy fuck much of last year was a blur.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/breaking-news-two-presumptive-positive-cases-of-covid-19-confirmed-in-the-austin-travis-county-area-austin-public-health/

3 coronavirus cases confirmed in Austin.

Austin confimed another case of the coronavirus disease following its announcement of the first two cases in the county Friday. Austin Public Health said early Friday morning it received two presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 in Travis County. These are the first two confirmed cases in this area.

“Austin and Travis County has joined a seemingly growing number of cities and counties that have positive cases in their area,” Austin Public Health interim health authority Dr. Mark Escott said at a press conference. 

“Austin Public Health has received two presumptive positive cases of COVID-19 overnight in our jurisdiction. These represent the first two cases in our area,” he said.

The woman is a Galveston County resident aged between 30 and 35, Galveston County Health District confirmed. She was tested at St. David’s Emergency Center-Bee Cave, and was then sent home for self-quarantine that same day. 

“We understand this presumptive positive case may concern our community, but at this time there is no evidence of community spread,” said Dr. Philip Keiser, Galveston County local health authority

“Our epidemiologists are working around the clock to track these individuals, their contacts, even before they got sick,” Dr. Escott said. “We’re testing people every day.” Neither case is believed to be community spread, which means the illness did NOT come from an unknown infected person with whom they had come into contact.

“At this stage, these do not represent community spread of the disease which means they are epidemiogicially linked to another case or to another jurisdiction,” Dr. Escott said.

Escott said the two cases aren’t related. One of the cases is linked to a case in Montgomery County near Houston, and the other case came from the person being transferred to the Austin area from a rural region of Texas.

We have no evidence that the person was ever outside of a hospital in Austin or Travis County,” Escott said. 

He continued to explain that patients are routinely transferred from rural regions to the Austin area because the hospitals are more equipped for advanced-level care.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Jfc. Calling you a buttsniffer doesn’t mean I think you sniff butts.

um, so...

what are you accomplishing here? 

do you want to talk about stuff, or do you want to troll?

because we've got basically one rule here.

bedwetter? buttsniffer? how old are you?

what's your goal with these insults?

• Hook 'Em 3

um, so...
what are you accomplishing here? 
do you want to talk about stuff, or do you want to troll?
because we've got basically one rule here.
bedwetter? buttsniffer? how old are you?
what's your goal with these insults?

Odd approach after that immature profanity laced pout fest you just threw at me for agreeing with nivek about penelope. Yea I was trying to talk about stuff. Until you told me to fuck myself and how big of an asshole I am

21 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Just so we are clear, when I said half of the US were complete cunts, you were definitely in that half.  

You used to be a relatively ok poster, but COVID has made you stupid.

It’s unbelievable. He used to be a pretty good poster. Maybe he’ll return to his glory days. I’m pulling for the guy 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wish the largest school districts would get together and make a run at ditching Robin Hood.

I've asked this before and never got a good answer...

What if Austin ISD and the other districts that pay into the Robin Hood fund, just cut their rate back to a rate that only pulled in the maximum amount of money before recapture kicked in. What the fuck would the State do then? Force the districts to tax more?

Odd approach after that immature profanity laced pout fest you just threw at me for agreeing with nivek about penelope. Yea I was trying to talk about stuff. Until you told me to fuck myself and how big of an asshole I am

To be fair you are a gigantic asshole like your avatar.

The TEA guidance posted looks like something from the onion.  Seriously, at this point it’s performance art but it’s only hurting the children.  Because the unvaxxed already made their choice and fuck em.  But kids are going to be suffering because of the new variants which are injecting them.

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

who called people bedwetters?

you agreed with @PenelopeWitherspoon?

no, you didn't.

and yes, you are a fucking asshole.

shrug.

sorry. own it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’m just exhausted at this point. Like I can’t believe this country banded together for WW2. Young men begging to sign up, the people at home doing what they needed to do. I can’t believe we got pretty much everyone onboard with the polio vaccine. I can’t believe how United we were after 9/11(until W did W things). These were our grandparents and great grandparents and @Armybrat coming together for the greater good. Now half the fucking country loves the dumbest mother fucker alive, refuses to wear masks or get vaccinated and openly mock a serious fucking pandemic. How the fuck did we get to this point!?!? 

Rose tinted glasses are a hell of a drug. It bears remembering, prior to the 1940's, a considerable portion of the country was increasingly isolationist and we even had the "America First Comittee" headed up by none other than Charles Lindbergh, that nazi-sympathizing asshat. There was an entire plot by Wall Street to take down the elected American president and replace him with a dictator in 1933.

America has never been bound together in the times between crisis. I have no fucking idea how we got this far.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The nickname stuck after someone called him that in the DT thread months ago. He’s never denied it.

Lol. Why would he bother denying that he wets his bed to some unknown internet troll? Christ you're stupid.

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

When death is all around, humans find ways to cope.

In WWII, as many of you likely know, battlefield soldiers wouldn't want to know a replacement's name or befriend him because replacements often didn't last long. Same with fighter plane groups. The pain of losing their original comrades led them to stay remote from new pilots entering the squadron.

Detachment is the only way to emotionally survive. Irony World.

Or hell, like when you have a legally-blind girlfriend, and you're dog-sitting for her, and she wanted you to take her Pomeranian to the dog grooming place for a bath/cleaning. You decide to spend the money on pizza and beer instead, and you take said Pomeranian, put her in one of those laundry mesh bags, run her through the dishwasher, and the fucking thing dies.  Next thing you know instead of getting free pizza and beer, you're hitting up all of the animal shelters and kennels looking for a Pomeranian that is close enough in size and barks about the same so that your girlfriend doesn't find out.  The people selling you the dog are trying to give you her history and tell you about her, and all you give a shit about is whether or not you can train her to respond to "Fluffy" within the next 14.5 hours.

After that, every time your girlfriend calls out "Fluffy" to get her (new) dog to come to her, you tense up just a little bit, and try to harden yourself and not automatically flash back to when you got back to her place after the beer run to the sound of something banging against something in the dishwasher, and opening it up to find something approaching what it would look like if you ran an open bottle of ketchup upside down though the dishwasher.

You just have to detach yourself from the world when you hear her say "Fluffy", because the sex is worth it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’m just exhausted at this point. Like I can’t believe this country banded together for WW2. Young men begging to sign up, the people at home doing what they needed to do. 

It was extraordinary, and modern America isn't coming close to that level of effort.  My dad finished up his BS in Arch Eng, and rather than move on to grad school (which he eventually did), he joined the Navy ~ 1943.  Got sent to Annapolis for officer training, had a bad asthma attack and was booted out.  He had already dropped out of Olympic training (weightlifting), which ultimately went nowhere, I think they cancelled the games, but rather than go back to school he fucking took a job at Curtis Wright designing fighter wing structures.  Eventually, post-war, he finished his PhD and began a 40 year career as an engineering professor.

He was one of millions up millions of young Americans who made similar sacrifices, not to mention those who GAVE THEIR FUCKING LIVES.  But no, half of America can't wear a mask or get a shot because FREEDUMB.

I'm simultaneously furious, sad, and exhausted, and I haven't done shit.  Well, I got two shots and I wear a mask.  Yay.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I’m just exhausted at this point. Like I can’t believe this country banded together for WW2. Young men begging to sign up, the people at home doing what they needed to do. I can’t believe we got pretty much everyone onboard with the polio vaccine. I can’t believe how United we were after 9/11(until W did W things). These were our grandparents and great grandparents and @Armybrat coming together for the greater good. Now half the fucking country loves the dumbest mother fucker alive, refuses to wear masks or get vaccinated and openly mock a serious fucking pandemic. How the fuck did we get to this point!?!? 

Bro, armybrat has a lot of guns and the thing that makes him draw one the quickest is being tagged to the cloakroom. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Bro, armybrat has a lot of guns and the thing that makes him draw one the quickest is being tagged to the cloakroom. 

True. But he fought in the civil war so I figured I’d include him 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Nah he speaks the truth. nobody is feeling sorry if she can’t go to Paris or Rome. He’s saying Everyday she gets home from work and doesn’t have to deal with kids is a vacation. There’s 49 other states to drive or fly to starting tonight….but they are probably beneath her because she’s from NYC.

No idea why someone wouldn't want to leave Manhattan, which is over 70% vaxxed and just about everyone wears masks indoors, to travel stateside around delta and moronic antivaxxers and antimaskers.  At this point, about half the states are beneath anyone who doesn't want to end their vacation in the ICU.

• Hook 'Em 2