Things not going well for Joe Rogan

Parliament

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Please read the first five words of the First Amendment and rejoin the conversation when you're ready.

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

ZzD8YHM.jpg

Video rants are more their style. Here's the best I could find, but it would probably be more convincing to him if this guy was semi-shouting this while sitting in a truck wearing sunglasses. 

17 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Joe Rogan thread has turned into Fox News or Jan 6 thread. Cool.

"How dare you bring up the network that took a flamethrower to the public's trust in media and began today's 'opinions are news' climate! That wasn't the point I was haphazardly trying to make!"

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Bravo said:

Yeah, Fox News is the only network who took a flamethrower to the public's trust. Joe Rogan thread is off the tracks. 

Nah, it's just funny that you're tolerant of deceit and misinformation as long as it comes from a source with which you're comfortable. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Anyway, anti-vax stances are not necessarily the sole domain of Trumpalos

No, they aren't.  Have some of the hippy/naturalist types who will only drink raw milk if they have any dairy, and lots of other raw foods, etc., and they have always been big on natural immunity.

What they didn't realize (or if they did, they didn't care) is that their kids weren't getting the really nasty childhood diseases because everybody else had vaccinated their kids and there was a herd immunity factor going on.

With that said, most of them make these choices because they actually have firm beliefs about their bodies, nature, etc., and can virtually write books about how they arrived at these beliefs, and their decisions aren't driven by what some idiot on TV said or what some politician told them.

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, they aren't.  Have some of the hippy/naturalist types who will only drink raw milk if they have any dairy, and lots of other raw foods, etc., and they have always been big on natural immunity.

What they didn't realize (or if they did, they didn't care) is that their kids weren't getting the really nasty childhood diseases because everybody else had vaccinated their kids and there was a herd immunity factor going on.

With that said, most of them make these choices because they actually have firm beliefs about their bodies, nature, etc., and can virtually write books about how they arrived at these beliefs, and their decisions aren't driven by what some idiot on TV said or what some politician told them.

True scenario:

At the end of the day, a masked teacher is told by a masked student that they don't feel well.  The student is sent to the nurse and later tests positive for Covid and remains at home.  Teacher is asked how much time they spent talking with the student and at what proximity.  Teacher is worried because there aren't many subs and they already have to cover other classes for teachers out with covid.   

Under new governor dipshit Youngkin's mask mandate ban, at the end of the day, an unmasked student tells their teacher they don't feel well, have been interacting with other unmasked students and unmasked teachers all day, and then get sent to the nurse, etc.  Teacher is worried because there aren't many subs and they already have to cover other classes for teachers out with covid.   

Which scenario do you feel safer as a teacher or parent?  

Answer: third scenario--governor dipshit's kids attend a private school in a different state that has masked mandates.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bravo said:

There is another scenario. Masking kids with paper and cloth masks is completely ineffective and all for show. They don't wear them right, cloth and paper masks don't really work well at all even if used correctly. Maybe if you could get them all in N95 masks and for them to wear them correctly then you'd have a case. It hinders education for a purpose it isn't even accomplishing. My kid's school has a mask mandate. I'd bet at this point +50% of the school has had Omicron. Last winter it was the same or more with earlier variants. They're just pointless on kids at school for 8 hrs. 

They do now get N95 masks for the remainder of the year.  And false equivalency, nothing is nothing--absolutely anything is better than nothing.  Maybe not as effective but a hell of a lot better than nothing.  I'm willing to bet the percentage would be a whole lot higher if everybody was maskless.  And even it only proved 10% less effective, it's still more effective.  Why is this a difficult concept?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bravo said:

There is another scenario. Masking kids with paper and cloth masks is completely ineffective and all for show. They don't wear them right, cloth and paper masks don't really work well at all even if used correctly. Maybe if you could get them all in N95 masks and for them to wear them correctly then you'd have a case. It hinders education for a purpose it isn't even accomplishing. My kid's school has a mask mandate. I'd bet at this point +50% of the school has had Omicron. Last winter it was the same or more with earlier variants. They're just pointless on kids at school for 8 hrs. 

Wearing a mask does not hinder education. Fuck off 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Solid source, IMO.

In October 2021, Prasad prompted social media controversy when he published a blog post comparing the U.S. COVID-19 pandemic response to the beginnings of Hitler's Third Reich.

I don’t know anything about that blog, but his credentials are strong. I don’t see a lot of holes to punch in this breakdown, plenty of citations/hyperlinks. 

• Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, Bravo said:

this is crazy. OK, it has no effect. No point even discussing it here. Common sense isn't that common.

there aren't a ton of studies on it but did find one funded by NIH. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10247315/Face-masks-harm-childrens-development-Study-blames-significantly-reduced-development.html

I’m guessing you didn’t actually read that

I do love the Rogan bro hypocrisy on display.

Supporting a call for private platforms to better police dangerous shit that Rogan is selling: "CENSORSHIP!  FREEDOM!  FIRST AMENDMENT!"

State actors actually taking action against a doctor for shaming people in his department to get vaxxed: "well, see, nuance, and such.  I mean, strong language may well be interpreted as a mandate.  And the State needs to watch out for those, so it's all good."

Exhibit eleventy billion in the case of "the people who shout the loudest about THA CONSTITUTION!  MAH RIGHTS!" have zero fucking understanding of the Constitution.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I do love the Rogan bro hypocrisy on display.

Supporting a call for private platforms to better police dangerous shit that Rogan is selling: "CENSORSHIP!  FREEDOM!  FIRST AMENDMENT!"

State actors actually taking action against a doctor for shaming people in his department to get vaxxed: "well, see, nuance, and such.  I mean, strong language may well be interpreted as a mandate.  And the State needs to watch out for those, so it's all good."

Exhibit eleventy billion in the case of "the people who shout the loudest about THA CONSTITUTION!  MAH RIGHTS!" have zero fucking understanding of the Constitution.

What the fuck are you talking about?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3