Texas AD Chris Del Conte

Machinator

On 6/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, texasstrong12 said:

I don't believe history will be kind to Bill Powers.  He raised a lot of money by glad-handing, but as far as I can tell didn't do a thing to keep a handle on anything else, e.g. administrative bloat. I don't hate the guy, but his tenure as President seems to coincide with my opinion of him as a student:  a nice, very personable guy that has parlayed that into one hell of a career.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

Last week we were up there for my son's freshman orientation and I couldn't believe how many people are employed as assistants and in supportive roles.  I had always wondered what they did with all the money that is being charged for tuition now compared to 20-30 years ago.  I think I understand now.

The athletic department at the University of Texas is one of a rare few institutions that actually sends revenues to the coffers on the academic side...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't believe history will be kind to Bill Powers.  He raised a lot of money by glad-handing, but as far as I can tell didn't do a thing to keep a handle on anything else, e.g. administrative bloat. I don't hate the guy, but his tenure as President seems to coincide with my opinion of him as a student:  a nice, very personable guy that has parlayed that into one hell of a career.

You need to read about what Rick Perry did to TAMU by bloating it’s enrollment past the ability of its financial resources. There is one reason why that “reform” wasn’t forced upon UT Austin. That reason is Bill Powers. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

You need to read about what Rick Perry did to TAMU by bloating it’s enrollment past the ability of its financial resources. There is one reason why that “reform” wasn’t forced upon UT Austin. That reason is Bill Powers. 

Eh. I'm going to guess just about any UT President would have resisted that, and successfully, too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Pretty sure this is the only time I've seen someone recount chop block penalties from a game almost a decade old.

That’s probably because there have never been two phantom chop block penalties in a cfb title game, before or since. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

On 6/5/2018 at 10:16 AM, TrashMaster G said:

Holy crap on a cracker!

If you can't see the line between this data and the $12 for a plate of nachos at Disch-Falk, you aren't using your imagination.

i found the nachos at disch falk priced correctly. i mean you go to a restaurant and pay $9 for a plate of nachos. they were damn good.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Js1 said:

Think again because you don't. 

Go check out the newest dorms + the pool at Gregory + the new Student Union + how many Vice Presidents and their staff are in the Tower.  That's where the money is going.

We were at gregory most of the day, I saw it all.  I know and understand how tuition works and what all it's paying for.    I'm just saying I was surprised by the amount of (again to be clear, academic side) employees that I hadn't thought about. 

Edited by Teamdirtyleg

27 minutes ago, Teamdirtyleg said:

We were at gregory most of the day, I saw it all.  I know and understand how tuition works and what all it's paying for.    I'm just saying I was surprised by the amount of (again to be clear, academic side) employees that I hadn't thought about. 

Well CDC has nothing to do with that. Tuition $ has nothing to do with $12 nachos and Plonsky's harem of lesbians.  Seems a weird place to bitch about it, CDC can't walk over and start firing people in the Tower.

21 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Well CDC has nothing to do with that. Tuition $ has nothing to do with $12 nachos and Plonsky's harem of lesbians.  Seems a weird place to bitch about it, CDC can't walk over and start firing people in the Tower.

Phrasing!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 6/11/2018 at 2:39 PM, Teamdirtyleg said:

Last week we were up there for my son's freshman orientation and I couldn't believe how many people are employed as assistants and in supportive roles.  I had always wondered what they did with all the money that is being charged for tuition now compared to 20-30 years ago.  I think I understand now.

UT's tuition is pretty normal for a state school. So whatever UT is blowing their money on, it is the same sort of thing everybody else is. Though no tuition dollars goes to Athletics...though Athletics money does go towards education.

UT has been doing salary freezes and layoffs for years, their numbers of employees are not going up. That is a big reason I eventually had to leave my job there, it used to be an underpaying job with good benefits...and eventually it just became a really underpaying job.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 6:58 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Huh. Well little of that bloat headed over in my direction from 2007-2014. I was doing three people's jobs for a 2007 salary that was already noncompetitive by private sector standards by the end.  Was I supposed to be working in a hole in the ground for minimum wage or something? I hesitate to wonder what a non-bloated working conditions would be. I had to stay until I finished up my degree though.

Also I am not sure what this has to do with CDC and the AD.

On 6/9/2018 at 6:53 PM, texasstrong12 said:

Ugh.  Re-hashing everything that was the lying snake named Patterson.  Thank God Brown basically got that piece-of-shit fired.  And he's done his best to do the same with Polonsky. 

16 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Ugh.  Re-hashing everything that was the lying snake named Patterson.  Thank God Brown basically got that piece-of-shit fired.  And he's done his best to do the same with Polonsky. 

Brown blowing up the Saban deal and blowing up Patterson may prove, in the long run,  to be bigger than winning the NC in '05.  For me, at least, it makes me almost forgive him for being such a pissy prick on his way out.

49 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Brown blowing up the Saban deal and blowing up Patterson may prove, in the long run,  to be bigger than winning the NC in '05.  For me, at least, it makes me almost forgive him for being such a pissy prick on his way out.

He's talking about Chip, not Mack

On 6/12/2018 at 7:51 PM, Valmy77 said:

Huh. Well little of that bloat headed over in my direction from 2007-2014. I was doing three people's jobs for a 2007 salary that was already noncompetitive by private sector standards by the end.  Was I supposed to be working in a hole in the ground for minimum wage or something? I hesitate to wonder what a non-bloated working conditions would be. I had to stay until I finished up my degree though.

Also I am not sure what this has to do with CDC and the AD.

Upthread, the point was made that Powers mishandled Mack Brown's dismissal and likely the hiring of Patterson.  All based on an inability to make a tough decision. 

And, sorry for your personal plight, but it is undeniable that administrative bloat at the University of Texas and everywhere else has skyrocketed over the past 20-25 years.  It's a university and system-wide problem that also extends into the Athletic Department.

5 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

And, sorry for your personal plight, but it is undeniable that administrative bloat at the University of Texas and everywhere else has skyrocketed over the past 20-25 years.  It's a university and system-wide problem that also extends into the Athletic Department.

I think it is a pretty universal phenomenon at US universities. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no schools that have a better tenured faculty-to-administrator ratio today than they did 10, 15 or 20 years ago.

30 minutes ago, woohorn said:
1 hour ago, Bigpoppapump said:
Anyone else get an email to participate in a focus group about the south endzone?

Email-no. CDC came by the ranch the other day to ask me what I wanted. He musta missed you.

Good Morning,

The University of Texas is currently evaluating the potential renovation of the south end zone of Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium.  As part of the project planning process, a third-party market research firm has been engaged to conduct a focus group session to better understand your interest and preferences for various new seating options and amenities that could enhance the fan experience in a renovated south end zone. The focus group will be hosted in Austin on Thursday, June 21st from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM for a limited number of participants.

If you are willing to participate in this important focus group please follow this link.

https://www.rsvpmenow.com/rsvpbeta/

Reservations will be confirmed on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to space constraints, no additional guests may be invited to attend with you should you choose to participate in the focus group. If you do not receive a follow-up email confirming your attendance, the focus group session has been filled with the maximum-allowable attendees.

The focus group session will last approximately 90 minutes and refreshments will be served. On-site parking is available.

Thank you for your participation in this important project!

Hook ‘em Horns!

34 minutes ago, woohorn said:
1 hour ago, Bigpoppapump said:
Anyone else get an email to participate in a focus group about the south endzone?

Email-no. CDC came by the ranch the other day to ask me what I wanted. He musta missed you.

At the ranch!? You lucky bastard.

I was at the club the other day, in the sauna, and CDC sits next to me, glasses all fogged up, asking me about my thoughts on the SEZ project.

A friend of mine was at the dentist's office the other day and told me instead of the dentist leaning over with the torture implements, it was CDC asking his thoughts about the SEZ.

My neighbor told me he was pulled over by a DPS cruiser, lights flashing, and when he rolled down the window with his license in hand, it was CDC in a uniform, just wanting to know his thoughts on the SEZ project.

I envy those people who only got an email.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

Please review the various notes given in this and the dedicated thread, summarize, and present accordingly. Thank you for your service. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto