Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a 2:30p, always a nice reprieve from that early morning shitshow where I already regret everything I've ate and drank by 1030am. 

My problem with the last 2:30 kickoff is that we didn’t alter our pregame schedule at all…showed up when the Fair opened…immediately started in on corny dogs and beer….by the time 11:00 rolled around Being “drunk as Cooter Brown” would have been an improvement.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Ah-ha, that's how I remember you.  The last 2:30p I can remember was 2017 (we lost, obviously).  But it was a welcomed reprieve.  We all talked a big game, we're gonna get up early and head to Dallas just like we would for an early kick.  But we dicked around/slept in, didn't get on the flight until 11 or so.  Made up for in the air and got way overserved.  Only saving grace was once we got to the fairgrounds from Love Field, we kinda took it easy just becuase we were walking around so much to meet people and waiting in long lines.   But by halftime, I think most of us were clinically dead.  Still made it home, I dunnno how.  

Whatever time it is, both fanbases somehow manage to fill it up to the max.  We're just built that way.  You could kickoff like a 7th grade game at 8:00am or finally say fuck it and do the 7:00p primetime game we all think will never happen.  We'd all get right about the exact same level of drunk 'n rowdy.  We're like the goldfish that will grow to the right proper size of his fishtank.  

1 hour ago, The University said:

1629410427429964.jpg

The categories are............ah fuck, nevermind...too long.  Let's just go to Final Jeopardy.  Write down a score, any score will do.  Just two numbers and you win.

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I mean, they couldn't get orange lights? That would seem like a more natural choice.

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

After they read the arguments over the field colors here they decided to just go with white

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

It looks like more of an off white though, maybe more of an eggshell.

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If you can’t tell the difference between eggshell and bone, we can’t even start the conversation. 

Ecru, Brute?

4 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Adzillatron up and running

1629450575132443.jpg

I assume much of this is donation promise driven, but top to bottom we have:

Darrell k royal Texas memorial stadium

myers-dodds legacy club

tex moncrief complex

Campbell-Williams field

dkr memorial stadium home of the Longhorns 

it’s a bit busy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, CycleTex87 said:

Adzillatron up and running

1629450575132443.jpg

So fucking stupid they have ads above and below the fucking score and game clock section ads on each side of the banner and they’re putting a giant ass ad across 1/5 of the bottom for tiffs treats…..

so fucking stupid…..

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

.0c874dd185aac0cdb04fdf163415203c.jpg

For comparison:image.thumb.jpeg.f4766fae8872478ef516acfd92cebab1.jpeg

Yes, the orange seems to be off, but it’s on perforated screens, so I’d like to see in person before throwing a tantrum (I won’t).

Others will argue we had an opportunity to make it more seamless with the rest of the stadium, but I trust the architects when they say that wasn’t possible, plus, I think what they’ve created is pretty fucking cool. 

Will we have too many ads on the video board and adjacent panels? Of course we will. We’re Texas. It’s who we are. We have found a way to make money, even if we have a mediocre product for too many long stretches. We take pride in those lists that show us at the top of revenue generating programs. It helped make the SEC leadership step all over aggy as they opened the door wide for us. We can live with an extra H‑E‑B placard. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

LaundryGuy said... (original post)

It looks fine to me, I've even stood at the NEZ goal post and looked across and it seemed to line up to my naked eye but I think the only way to prove one way or the other is to drop a chalk line from goal post to goal post and go from there.
In other news one thing that stands out is the new turf is a cooler surface than the old stuff. You could feel the heat coming off the old turf but this new turf is cool like grass.
Regarding the big steerhead on the back of the SEZ, it looks to be made of sun sail screen mesh material.

And that SW corner entrance is coming along at a lightning pace. Couple weeks ago it was very raw but within days those pillars got covered in brick, gates installed, landscaping installed, and all the handrails for the stairs were put in. I'm not sure what will cover those open beams but it looks like that's about all that's left to do in that corner. Most of the work now looks to actually be clean up on that part. Same for the east side entrance to Moncrief. It looks like there's a lot left to do but it's mostly clean up as they haul construction debris out of the building.

About a month ago drywallers were coming in by the bus load, litterally a yellow dog school bus bringing them in, and now it's van loads of custodial people coming in and cleaning up. There's also Steelcase furniture installers coming in likely doing office furniture installation inside Moncrief. Coca Cola has also been in there installing concession equipment in the SEZ.
And best of all, today is my last day in the soccer/track stadium laundry room! Tomorrow morning we move offcially into Moncrief and there will be a facility reveal for the team Monday morning so keep an eye on UT social media starting around 10am Monday morning.

Monday is the big day.
  • Hook 'Em 2

22 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

So fucking stupid they have ads above and below the fucking score and game clock section ads on each side of the banner and they’re putting a giant ass ad across 1/5 of the bottom for tiffs treats…..

so fucking stupid…..

Yea….the only missing is the jet pack guy.