2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

7 minutes ago, Pancho said:

What movie are those gifs from

Oh my.

51909Q031VL._SY445_.jpg

And it's legit cinema, too:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/library-of-congress-adds-big-lebowski-24-others-to-national-film-registry/2014/12/16/34bdd516-8548-11e4-9534-f79a23c40e6c_story.html

Achievers, rejoice.

“The Big Lebowski” — a film so adored that its most cultlike fans (known as “achievers”) attend an annual festival in Louisville in its honor — has finally entered the pantheon of Important Motion Pictures. The Library of Congress announced Wednesday that the 1998 Coen brothers classic, along with 24 other cinematic gems of “cultural, ­historic or aesthetic significance,” has been selected for inclusion in the National Film Registry, an archive of movies designated for preservation as national treasures.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am definitely very, very, undude.

Let there be no mistake, in that film, I am unquestionably a Walter type.

am-i-the-only-one-around-here.gif

I freely confess to that vibe these days.

You need to relax since it's almost Shomer Shabbas.  That means you don't work, don't get in a car, don't ride in a car, don't pick up the phone, don't turn on the oven and you sure as shit don't fucking roll on Shomer Shabbas.  Have a drink, chill and enjoy the weekend.  Only a few more days until Tuesday/Armageddon.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am definitely very, very, undude.

Let there be no mistake, in that film, I am unquestionably a Walter type.

am-i-the-only-one-around-here.gif

I freely confess to that vibe these days.

I assume you also look like a browner version of that era John Goodman. 

Just now, David Dennison said:

Super Trumpy county. The cynical part of me wonders if this is a GOP effort to sow distrust in the Pennsylvania vote.

The even more cynical part of me thinks that this is the GOP being so stupid that they're cutting out their own voters.

9 minutes ago, 'stache said:

We can't ever be friends.

14 minutes ago, South Austin said:

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

finishing_coffee_big_lebowski.gif

12 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

tenor.gif

10 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Most prescient line of the movie. As absurd as his assessments sounded at the time (“It’s not her toe”), Walter was right about most things. 

At Berkeley, one of my committee members discovered a new species and named it after Lebowski. Epic badass.

Edited by LTbear

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We all need to know about plants that used to exist on earth, and that’s why paleobotany is such an up and coming career choice. 

Her work uses ancient plants to recreate prehistoric environments and climate, which is itself pretty essential to understanding how climate has shifted over geological time. She does some cool shit. 

11 minutes ago, LTbear said:

At Berkeley, one of my committee members discovered a new species and named it after Lebowski. Epic badass.

Well Berkeley should know he was, uh, one of the authors of the Port Huron Statement. The original Port Huron Statement.
Not the compromised second draft.

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Got my first voting thing from the GOP, where they scraped my info from god knows where and decided i have some star trek deep space 9 style name.

Fewer.png

text the stupid fuck back and say "turn Texas into CA?  So our per capita GDP is going up 15,000?   Sign me the fuck up!!!"

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Brisket is Walter.

All of Surly is the guy sitting directly behind him who turns to disapprove of the raucous commotion.

One of my favorite scenes in that hilarious movie is the voice mail message from the bowling league commissioner to the dude  discussing how if Walter drew a firearm during league play because nobody gives a shit about the rules and says  “If true this of course violates a number of league bylaws namely article... “

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

F'n Pennsylvania

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/30/politics/pennsylvania-butler-county-ballots/index.html

1 county, over 10,000 calls about missing mail in ballots.  Ballots requested but voters never received.

The Dems should be blasting the airways with commercials that if your mail in ballot was lost you should come in and vote a provisional ballot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

I don't know about surveys.  But NY never even had early voting before this year.  NJ and (I think) CA, mailed ballots to all registered voters.  At least in NJ, where I live, early voting was extremely limited in past cycles.  I've never early voted.  This year, almost everyone is voting by mail, with ballots mailed to all registered voters, and at least one drop box in every town.  My understanding is that CA is the same.  The change in voting systems in these states, and maybe other states, means that there will be far more early votes than would have been possible in past years.  

FWIW, in my town of about 80,000 (in San Diego County) we have 5 dropboxes town, plus the county office (about 20 miles away).  Dropboxes are at the library, city hall, the police station, the Elk's lodge, and someplace else that I don't recall at the moment.  Maybe a fire station.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Also, if it took that tweet to make you realize Brett Favre was a complete douche, you need your douchedar recalibrated.

So much truth in this post. Brett farve is probably the biggest douchebag quarterback in NFL history. Even his name is annoying. Name a bigger one? 

2 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

So is it a trap?  No-one can find a pile of ballots.  Is it a republican disinformation effort?

I don't think it is limited to that one county.  I work with a guy who lives near Philly and he said it took three weeks for a ballot to reach him, from the date it was listed as being sent on the election commission's website.  Because of that, he ended up dropping it off at a drop box rather than relying on the mail.  

A "refined" version of the Texas voter turnout, using October 29 data from Texas Tribune:

=====

9M total early votes (7.9M in person, 1.1M absentee, squinting a bit because their numbers don't quite jibe + 1% not voting/don't know)

Add 0.5M in person votes as a SWAG for today's voting --> 8.4M total in person early votes

Using survey response of 60% early in-person votes --> 14M total votes in Texas

Predict:  3.6M votes in person on election day (26%), 1.8M absentee votes (13%)

=====

In summary:

8.4M early in person

3.6M election day in person

1.8M absentee (0.7M outstanding)

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

A "refined" version of the Texas voter turnout, using October 29 data from Texas Tribune:

=====

9M total early votes (7.9M in person, 1.1M absentee, squinting a bit because their numbers don't quite jibe + 1% not voting/don't know)

Add 0.5M in person votes as a SWAG for today's voting --> 8.4M total in person early votes

Using survey response of 60% early in-person votes --> 14M total votes in Texas

Predict:  3.6M votes in person on election day (26%), 1.8M absentee votes (13%)

=====

In summary:

8.4M early in person

3.6M election day in person

1.8M absentee (0.7M outstanding)

So 13.8 million out of how many registered?