2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

31 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

My in-laws, one of them very smart and normally reasoned, are still holding the line for trump and can't even give a good excuse as to why. The sad part is they are a single, mid to lower income couple and my FIL's sole contribution is being old enough to collect a social security check. Trump has literally destroyed the relationship between my wife and them and every attempt at civil conversation leads to "let's just not talk about this anymore" blow ups. It's fucking sad as hell really. 

I am so sorry it has harmed the relationship between your wife and her parents.

I've been a shoulder for a friend undergoing something similar and it's pretty sad.

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

My in-laws, one of them very smart and normally reasoned, are still holding the line for trump and can't even give a good excuse as to why. The sad part is they are a single, mid to lower income couple and my FIL's sole contribution is being old enough to collect a social security check. Trump has literally destroyed the relationship between my wife and them and every attempt at civil conversation leads to "let's just not talk about this anymore" blow ups. It's fucking sad as hell really. 

Sorry to hear that, man. If I'm remembering you correctly, we went to junior high together. If you need someone other than family to talk to, feel free to reach out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Maga twitter celebrating the vehicular imitation of the Biden bus by their cult brethren is some disturbing shit.  These folks are fascists and should be recognized as such.  

I don’t claim to know a ton about history, but I think the trump comparisons to hitler and naziism are not as correct as comparing him to Mussolini and fascism. 

Maga twitter celebrating the vehicular imitation of the Biden bus by their cult brethren is some disturbing shit.  These folks are fascists and should be recognized as such.  

It’s literally the Brown shirts tactics in the 21st century. They’re running a play directly out of the Nazi playbook. It’s not LIKE that play...it IS that play.

Y’all who don’t realize that we’re Germany in the 1930s need to get your shit right.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

It’s literally the Brown shirts tactics in the 21st century. They’re running a play directly out of the Nazi playbook. It’s not LIKE that play...it IS that play.

Y’all who don’t realize that we’re Germany in the 1930s need to get your shit right.

This is true as fuck right now. I have called you out for fear mongering on other things, but people need to read this and understand it. 

2 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Utah seems wrong because McMullin isn’t there. 

He's probably just comparing Republican-Democrat margin.

16 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

Since that video isn’t continuous, it’s nothing but a Rorschach test.

Exactly. Video doesn't show shit until contact has already been made. Black truck could have ridden up the shoulder and shoved the white car to the left. White car could have swerved all the way from the left shoulder and slammed the black truck.

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t claim to know a ton about history, but I think the trump comparisons to hitler and naziism are not as correct as comparing him to Mussolini and fascism. 

Fascism, at its core, is the dark side of human nature. Cruelty, oppression, and violence wielded by the state against those that disagree with them in an otherwise civil society.  Fascist are rarely intellectually skilled because they can’t win with arguments.  They usually have nothing but contempt for the intellectuals and well educated.  

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Fascism, at its core, is the dark side of human nature. Cruelty, oppression, and violence wielded by the state against those that disagree with them in an otherwise civil society.  Fascist are rarely intellectually skilled because they can’t win with arguments.  They have nothing but contempt for the intellectuals and well educated.   

So, are you agreeing with me? 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So, are you agreeing with me? 

Trump is more like Mussolini than Hitler but they’re all cut from the same cloth. Trump is intuitively fascist. He doesn’t read political theory or history like the Nazis and he doesn’t write about the virtues of fascism like Mussolini.  Trump doesn’t understand any of that shit because he doesn’t need to. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump is more like Mussolini than Hitler but they’re all cut from the same cloth. Trump is intuitively fascist. He doesn’t read political theory or history like the Nazis and he doesn’t write about the virtues of fascism like Mussolini.  Trump doesn’t understand any of that shit because he doesn’t need to. 

You could have just said Trump doesn't read or write. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

When Trump gassed nonviolent protesters, crossed the street to hold up a Bible for a photo, it’s no longer accidental.  It is deliberate. 

Maybe so. He also will take any opportunity for a photo op and just doesn't give a fuck how it's set up. 

I think he's literally too stupid to purposefully be a political fascist. The rest of his inner circle is a different story, obviously. 

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Maybe so. He also will take any opportunity for a photo op and just doesn't give a fuck how it's set up. 

I think he's literally too stupid to purposefully be a political fascist. The rest of his inner circle is a different story, obviously. 

Hence “intuitive fascist” that happened to surround himself with known white nationalists like Stephen Miller and Bannon.  Trump doesn’t get to escape the fascist label because he’s an imbecile.  He has earned it completely.

• Hook 'Em 2

53 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Black truck is in the lane. White car is over the white line. But you see what you want to. 

As someone else said, we are joining in progress. 

I wonder the white car was following the bus and the black truck ran up beside the on the shoulder?  Seems like a "follow" car would be following the bus.

3 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

As someone else said, we are joining in progress. 

I wonder the white car was following the bus and the black truck ran up beside the on the shoulder?  Seems like a "follow" car would be following the bus.

Yeah, it’s obvious what happened. But hey, it’s safe to assume the insane people with guns were the reasonable ones in this scenario.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Here’s the thing, if you look at Trump’s polling objectively, he’s not just losing, he’s getting his shit pushed in. At this point in the race, only Adlai Stevenson(1956), Barry Goldwater, George McGovern, Walter Mondale, Dukakis, and Bob Dole were doing similar or worse. All of those races were considered laughers at this point, and the trailing candidate was getting a loser edit from the media.

But because of 2016, the race is being covered as a horse race.  It’s not to say Trump can’t/won’t win, but by historical standards, he and the party are on their way to getting wrecked.

• Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, thepop said:

This is his map if he wins, and it’s too realistic for my liking. 

384lY.png

Agreed, but the likelihood of him winning or stealing PA and FL and AZ and NC are slim, and he still has to hold on to GA and TX. That’d be 6/6 for him to make that map.  7 for 7 if Iowa really is a tossup (it seems to have turned hard back to Trump this last week). 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

If PA is unstable enough to go Trump while the rest of the northern rust belt states go Biden, then AZ/TX/NC have undergone enough demographic change to be in play and move independently of other states.  

But the district level polling in PA doesn’t reflect that.  Scott Perry and Brian Fitzpatrick are in all sorts of trouble, and that’s indicative of a blue electorate on the eastern half of the state. 

• Hook 'Em 1