2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

A fraternity brother of mine, used to be quite good friends with, used to frequently go to Astros games together...etc. Haven't seen him much in the last 2 years, but still see his social media posts.

Got laid off from his O&G job 6 months ago and spends all day now on Twitter, soaking up Q-Anon brain poison and texting people with links to really obscure conspiracy shit. He tweeted out his prediction map yesterday:

Trump 380+. Flips NV, NH, VA, MN, NH, ME, NY, CT and NJ. CA Toss-up. GOP adds at least 5 Senate seats and House majority is GOP +20. 

I just can't even fathom the delusion. Genuinely concerned for the guy.

you have been living in the most civil, civil war ever. shit is borked yo

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Trump campaign is reaching out to officials asking for the names of people who work for them and may have access to ballots.

They are 100% trying to get this information in areas where the vote is going to be close and they want to doxx the people working there.

The article says this county declined to give out that information but I bet other locales have given them what they want.

I’ll bet anything we see tweets from Trump attacking poll workers because of what they posted on Facebook or because they’re registered Democrats.

And I fully expect that to be used in any legal challenge they mount.

This is no good.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

I had a really great day yesterday. Went to work and had a productive six hours. Went to the driving range on a beautiful day. Saw the Horns beat a top-10 team on the road. Played poker and was on the plus side of a couple sick coolers.

I think I'm out of here until Tuesday night. I have faith that this country is not going to re-elect that moronic piece of shit in the White House. If we do, then it will say a lot about us a country.

• Hook 'Em 5

WaPo had Trump at +4 in Florida in late September before the first debate.  It’s a pink state that is pulling weird demographics.  Either Biden cuts into TrUmp’s 2016 margins with seniors enough to win or he doesn’t .  Either way, any Democrat that was betting on Florida man is a fool. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

So were you here for her? Or were you there for her?

?

It's ongoing, her East Texas family are giving her a lot of grief because she is breaking away from blind obedience and thinking for herself. It is not easy to hold fast to a rule about not getting dragged into the middle of someone else's drama but thus far, being a listener has helped stay away from that line. Sometimes folks just need an outsider with which to air the grievances. That's not sarcasm, either. Growing up in a dysfunctional family can last generations if one cannot obtain the tools to form healthy relationships. I'm not a psychologist/psychiatrist so all I'm going to do is try and listen as she figures out her own strategy for whatever she wants to do to cope. Warts and all, we love our families--they are what we know and the familiar, wouldn't you say? I read somewhere that with that love comes the capacity for a very strong hate as well. So, I guess it makes for volatility? Better than apathy, maybe, but it explains why so many Americans feel like they are wrung out right now.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Storm the Field said:

A fraternity brother of mine, used to be quite good friends with, used to frequently go to Astros games together...etc. Haven't seen him much in the last 2 years, but still see his social media posts.

Got laid off from his O&G job 6 months ago and spends all day now on Twitter, soaking up Q-Anon brain poison and texting people with links to really obscure conspiracy shit. He tweeted out his prediction map yesterday:

Trump 380+. Flips NV, NH, VA, MN, NH, ME, NY, CT and NJ. CA Toss-up. GOP adds at least 5 Senate seats and House majority is GOP +20. 

I just can't even fathom the delusion. Genuinely concerned for the guy.

The REALLY concerning thing is, if Biden wins, these people will then believe the election was stolen from the current prez. The disconnect from reality may spark violence from some of the more disaffected of the MAGA crowd.

11 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

So NYC is getting ready for whatever Tuesday may bring.  Last night, throughout Midtown, boards were going up.  Luxury stores that got hit in May/June, boarding up anticipating protests that will provide cover for criminal activity.

20201030_221550.jpg

20201030_220638.jpg

Police are everywhere in DC.

10 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Trigger Warning. Extra doomy

My guess is that Florida will count all of their votes and report 100% by 11 if not 10 CT so there isn’t much left to calling them. Now maybe it’s a 100 vote difference which will require a recount but there should be an announced FL winner on Tuesday night.

CNN sounds genuinely excited about Texas. I expect we will see texas zoomed in, on the John King board,  frequently after 9. A big reason is that cnn sounds convinced Trump will lose but there commentators have pointed out that trump losing Texas would be a gut punch to any argument that Biden didn’t really win. Of course the far right conspiracists would actually use that as evidence as they only know trump voters in Texas.

10 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

This is correct.

Seltzer is an empiricist. She has her method and her data and doesn't look at anyone else. I very much respect this.  That said, if the data is bad, the results will be off.

Also, let's be clear, Iowa is a luxury for the presidential and likely senate results. The implications of a big Iowa win for the current prez and what it augurs are the issue. Iowa +7 in 2020 still means a 3% shift to Biden and that'll be enough to win Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. If no fraud.

29 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

WaPo had Trump at +4 in Florida in late September before the first debate.  It’s a pink state that is pulling weird demographics.  Either Biden cuts into TrUmp’s 2016 margins with seniors enough to win or he doesn’t .  Either way, any Democrat that was betting on Florida man is a fool. 

The hope after 2018 was that the felony voting reform would start to enfranchise a significant percent of the population (7% of FL has a felony conviction, 1.6m out of 21m).

The courts have so far blocked the implementation of the people's will.

2 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

I mean, downtown is boarded up.  The rest of the city it’s business as usual.  I was at eastern market on Friday morning.

If you've been in DC from Fri evening on, you'll notice DC and Fed police all over. I go to all quadrants of the city. It's most obvious in NW, NE.

Just now, quigley said:

The hope after 2018 was that the felony voting reform would start to enfranchise a significant percent of the population (7% of FL has a felony conviction, 1.6m out of 21m).

The courts have so far blocked the implementation of the people's will.

Some portion of those have been made legal by donors, but how many, I have no idea. 

11 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Some portion of those have been made legal by donors, but how many, I have no idea. 

I'm one of those donors (with 5 figures, Bloomberg's put down 8 figures). Problem is, it's almost impossible to figure out how much people owe.

The number of people that have been remedied is only about ~ 20,000.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Missed this in the news dump of the weekend. I didn't vote for Bernie (second choice if we ranked) but the candidates are putting in work on all fronts: speaking, writing, interviewing, and phone banking, and I thank each and every one of them. LFG America.

I wish we'd heard more about Bernie's operation continuing to work to get Latino vote out. His field organization had apparently made substantive inroads in AZ and NV. That would have paid dividends this year and in the future.

2 minutes ago, Goredho said:

What are the odds the number of people killed at a polling location on Tuesday is greater than zero?

What the fuck have we become that this is a legit question?

The question I have is "in how many states?" I'm guessing "proud boys" from the West coast travel down to AZ and NV. TX, MI, and PA have enough of their own well-armed loons.

1 minute ago, quigley said:

I wish we'd heard more about Bernie's operation continuing to work to get Latino vote out. His field organization had apparently made substantive inroads in AZ and NV. That would have paid dividends this year and in the future.

I saw something about that in the sense that they were also sending out texts in Spanish to specific areas but it didn't mention any ground game. I've been relieved that no door knockers have come around this year, but for disengaged voters, that is probably not the case.

5 minutes ago, Goredho said:

What are the odds the number of people killed at a polling location on Tuesday is greater than zero?

I hope and guess it will be 0. But I sadly believe that domestic violence will spike tuesday night and the upcoming nights.

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I'd say that we are going back to what we were. Poll violence is nothing new, that's what this MAGA cult wants, to go back to the 50s and 60s to intimidate people at the polls. 

Just talking with my friend in NY,

"People throw rocks at you while driving if they see trump bumper sticker "

It will be a close election, but don't be surprised if Trump wins, Your constant attacks on conservatism as racist, etc. has made us silent, except for our vote.

Edited by BNB
  • Fuck You 7

Trump has a bunch of rallies today. After yesterday's comments, watch out. As @Brisketexan says, there ain't no bottom.

On a different note and just for randomness, #TrumpTerrorism is trending number one right now, and earlier #IgnoreThePolls (a GOTV for Biden) was trending upward. Trends aren't a big deal, but I like to see what is being pushed by bots/people/etc

Time for the morning unDoom

This is considered a premier pollster by most. A+ rated on 538.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/01/us/politics/biden-trump-poll-florida-pennsylvania-wisconsin.html#click=https://t.co/8mhHglfPIs

c46b333810f866a74888abcd62426d07.jpg

In 2016 they had Florida going Trump. Had PA going Hillary. But as we've discussed a bunch, there are far fewer undecideds this time.

1 minute ago, BNB said:

It will be a close election, but don't be surprised if Trump wins, Your constant attacks on conservatism as racist, etc. has made us silent, except for our vote.

I’ve never seen a silent Trumper. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I've been watching the war of the signs a couple of blocks over. Our street has zero Presidential signs but city council races are getting some attention this year. A couple of blocks away we've noticed the house with the flagpole (American flag, Trump flag) has upped the ante now that the across the street neighbor has added Biden/Harris, Hegar, and a couple of other signs. The Trump household now has another Trump sign, a vote for Life (anti-abortion) sign, and I can't remember what the rest said but the number is increasing. The Biden sign owner's signs appeared to have been knocked over again when we walked by the other day. I haven't been walking yet this weekend but we'll see how Halloween went.

*Drives in a big convoy of pickups that have never been to a job site with giant Trump flags in the back of each truck in order to run a Biden campaign bus off the road*

”You know, there’s so many of us you would never even guess support the godking. My liberal neighbors are going to be really surprised when I come to round them up for the camps!”

Edited by wildcat09

Absolutely nothing that your team supports anymore can be described as “conservatism.”
  • Hook 'Em 3

Weird how the same group who went on about what victims they were because someone once took off one of their MAGA caps, whining to the media for weeks, is silent about about rocks being thrown at their cars.

Also weird how the same so called silent people love driving around the NY area in a “parade” with their trump flags.
  • Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, BNB said:

The problem for you morons(and polite society) is that you very loudly and stupidly make your presence known. Fuck off.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, BNB said:

As stated by someone on this board a few weeks ago (which I really want to go back and rep them because I’ve been using this statement nonstop for weeks now):

Not all trump supporters are racist, but 100% of them believe racism isn’t a dealbreaker. 

You may not be racist, but you support the radical right wing trump and his people who are racist, so that on some levels makes you worse of a person.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, BNB said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11133247