2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

47 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Why do the networks keep giving this human thumb airtime?

https://messagebox.substack.com/p/trumps-unserious-plan-to-steal-the

To help ease the doom today

Whenever we talk about Trump trying to steal an election, it is very important to remember the following: Donald Trump is a stupid person advised by stupid people who get the majority of their information from a stupid TV network run by stupid people.

I am very skeptical this conspiracy of dunces can pull off a coup — and you should be too. Competent criminals rarely announce their crimes in advance.

While I think Trump is unlikely to invalidate a bunch of cast votes, I do think it’s possible that if we don’t talk about his efforts correctly, he could convince some people that their vote isn’t worth casting.

I believe it’s possible to talk about what Trump is trying to do and what it says about him without creating undo panic about an unlikely outcome. Just because Trump is President doesn’t mean nuance is dead. He sees his rhetoric as intimidation, we should use it as motivation.

This is why it is so important that we continue to remind voters that they have the power — not Trump, Brett Kavanaugh, or some MAGA election official. There are more people in this country and in the battleground states that support Joe Biden than Trump. If we show up and vote, nothing else matters. Joe Biden will be elected President. Kamala Harris will be a history-making Vice President. And the Democrats will take the Senate. It’s as simple as that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

also re: the texas drive thru ballot situation - unless they were sure they could get them tossed, this seems like a really badly planned gambit by the tx gop.

they've made it a huge story and now all the dems (in texas and everywhere else) are just even more fucking pissed about voter suppression.  and the votes are going to count anyway.  makes no sense, which of course is on-brand for the 2020 gop.  

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Perhaps you've missed places like Hays County, TX, and New York City, where law enforcement is fully and completely backing MAGA and its Brown Shirts?  There are a shitload of jurisdictions in this country where MAGA Brown Shirts will be able to commit violence against "enemies of the state" with zero interference from local law enforcement.

So you think the MAGA crowd will be allowed to go around murdering people?

Either stop drinking, or start drinking a lot more.  I can't tell which you need to do.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

So you think the MAGA crowd will be allowed to go around murdering people?

Either stop drinking, or start drinking a lot more.  I can't tell which you need to do.

Murdering?  Not by and large.  Committing acts of terrorism like burning out the properties of their political opposition?  Attacking Democratic party offices/the offices of Democratic officials, stuff like that?  You bet.  Will some of them go so far as to murder people?  They already have.  See Tree of Life synagogue, El Paso Wal-Mart.

Again, read the comments of the Hays County sheriff about the MAGA vehicles surrounding the Biden campaign bus.  Lots of LEOs SUPPORT THIS ACTVITY.

The MAGA Brown Shirt movement is not like any other political partisan movement we've seen in modern history in this country.  It's EXACTLY like a movement we've seen in OTHER countries in modern history.  Brown Shirts, right wing death squads, that sort of thing.  I'm just making the shocking observation that when a movement walks and quacks like a duck.....

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The MAGA Brown Shirt movement is not like any other political partisan movement we've seen in modern history in this country.  It's EXACTLY like a movement we've seen in OTHER countries in modern history.  Brown Shirts, right wing death squads, that sort of thing.  I'm just making the shocking observation that when a movement walks and quacks like a duck.....

You're talking about a group of people that can't handle wearing masks, not eating at Chili's, or not getting a haircut at SuperCuts.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Dems need to stop being giant pussies and hold their rallies.  Cancelling rallies just emboldens the domestic terrorists even more.

Or, they know this is in the bag and one small rally is not worth the risk to their constituents. It's not going to move the needle. Win first, regain control and power, then start working to quell the crazies

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

They're seeing the exact same thing that everyone else is seeing. They're just lying, or bullshitting like usual. 

or, you know, he's not exactly known for surrounding himself with the smartest folks. they could just be completely incompetent, as per the Trump norm. 

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread moves pretty fast, so forgive me for asking something that have already been answered.

Has there been any confirmation whether the ~ 125k drive-thru ballots at issue from Harris County were segregated? Or were they commingled with the rest of the early votes?

If they weren’t segregated, then could this fuckery by the GOP jeopardize massive numbers of additional votes?

1 minute ago, Player said:

This thread moves pretty fast, so forgive me for asking something that have already been answered.

Has there been any confirmation whether the ~ 125k drive-thru ballots at issue from Harris County were segregated? Or were they commingled with the rest of the early votes?

If they weren’t segregated, then could this fuckery by the GOP jeopardize massive numbers of additional votes?

Electronic. 

7 hours ago, BNB said:

Just talking with my friend in NY,

"People throw rocks at you while driving if they see trump bumper sticker "

It will be a close election, but don't be surprised if Trump wins, Your constant attacks on conservatism as racist, etc. has made us silent, except for our vote.

All the silent trump supporters in the NY area, shutting down the Tappan Zee Bridge and the Parkway.

8 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

All the silent trump supporters in the NY area, shutting down the Tappan Zee Bridge and the Parkway.

Can I safely assume that shutting down highways and bridges in this country just for the hell of it is against the law?  For the party of law and order they sure don’t seem to care much about following the laws.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

You're talking about a group of people that can't handle wearing masks, not eating at Chili's, or not getting a haircut at SuperCuts.

That exact demographic was plotting the violent kidnapping/execution of a sitting governor.  They may not be very GOOD at terrorism, but make no mistake - they're looking to commit it.

11 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

A lot of y’all are apparently unfamiliar with the history of the klan in America, and law enforcement’s support for them.

This.

And, if these displays are intended just to show patriotic support for "their president".....why are so many of them focused on driving through communities that largely support the opposition?

If I support the Longhorns and drive around Austin with orange flags on my car, I'm supporting my team.

If I support the Longhorns and join a caravan driving through College Station neighborhoods, blaring the Eyes and jingling keys out the window.....I'm looking to start some shit.

2 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Can I safely assume that shutting down highways and bridges in this country just for the hell of it is against the law?  For the party of law and order they sure don’t seem to care much about following the laws.

The law is for other people.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Again, enjoy the delicious irony of the Blue Lives Matter flag holders breaking the law to own the libs. 

Of course, we all know that "Blue Lives Matter" has nothing to do with supporting the rule of law.

It has EVERYTHING to do with supporting the ability of armed LEOs, and their supporters, being able to do whatever the fuck you want, and what the fuck are you gonna do about it?  We've got the guys with badges and guns....

For the jillionth time -- BROWN.  SHIRTS.

1 minute ago, lemonlime said:

What are they even protesting, though?  That they're guy is president?  It's like a 2-year-old's tantrum now that the election is in a couple days.

Show of force. The military does it with A-10's. Remember, either you are with them or you are the enemy. Dont question, critique or object. They will crush you!

55 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Need to stop calling these chucklefucks “militia” and call them what they are.

Terrorists.

Yeah we have to stop doing this. We just have to ignore them and go about our business. If we start canceling things because they are walking around with guns then they will do more of it.

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

This is semantics but I feel like Mussolini’s black shirts were the original and the nazis ripped them off.  

And he was ripping off Garibaldi's Red Shirts who probably don't deserve the association but I am no expert on Italian nationalistic militias.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

BUT MUH VOTER FRAUD

it seems fairly obvious at this point that they have to stay on-message with their "we're winning big" story, so that they can act outraged and cry foul when they get trounced on tues.

the rigged election story doesn't work otherwise.

12 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

No.  There is no Party anymore, just Trump.  The Party no longer stands for anything, but Trump.  Not LAW AND ORDER!. Not support for the armed forces. Not strength and security. Not family values. Not compassionate conservatism. Not fiscal conservatism. Not moral conservatism.  That time is over and no one sticking around can ever claim any of them again. The Republican Party shall be forever be known as the Party started by Lincoln to save the Union, and demagogued by Trump to destroy a Nation.  He has taken the Party and turned into an asshole collective exponentially worse than the individual parts.

It is a stain that should never be allowed to wash away.  The Republican Party is no longer a participant in good faith in this democracy.  Republican means Trump and nothing more, and the adherents should be branded permanently with the stain for the rest of history for abdicating their civic duties.  Let the name be sent to the dustbin of history where it belongs and the sane folk start anew.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4