2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

15 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Or, they know this is in the bag and one small rally is not worth the risk to their constituents. It's not going to move the needle. Win first, regain control and power, then start working to quell the crazies

By not standing up to the terrorists, the terrorists have won.

So what happens if there are rampant signs of voter suppression and dotard steals the election?  Dems organize some rallies, the terrorists run their little blockades and Dems cancel the protests like some little mark ass bitches.  It's bullshit and the dotard supporters have NO reason not to continue on with their reckless behaviors.

Someone talk me off the ledge that the Russians have figured out a way to change voting results to swing the election to Trump.

I hear pundits say it’s impossible, but then we’ve now seen two incidents of Russians breaking into voting machines. In 2016, there were no re-counts to verify hard copy votes matched what was stored electronically, even though polls showed Clinton should have won. There likely will only be re-counts if a state is too close to call.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

Someone talk me off the ledge that the Russians have figured out a way to change voting results to swing the election to Trump.

I hear pundits say it’s impossible, but then we’ve now seen two incidents of Russians breaking into voting machines. In 2016, there were no re-counts to verify hard copy votes matched what was stored electronically, even though polls showed Clinton should have won. There likely will only be re-counts if a state is too close to call.

Biden and Obama were privy to all the intel gathered until 2017.  Dems in the Senate Intel committee probably know what’s been going down since.  We have to trust Biden’s people to be on top of this and know how to beat it.

• Hook 'Em 1

For the first time ever, the Australian Government is recommending that their citizens should not travel to the USA due to a high probability of election related violence and risk of Covid exposure.

c14d4abad0a390e304ecf74f7bded569.jpg

Y’all tired of the winning yet?

Third world country

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Biden and Obama were privy to all the intel gathered until 2017.  Dems in the Senate Intel committee probably know what’s been going down since.  We have to trust Biden’s people to be on top of this and know how to beat it.

Doesn't fill me w/ confidence, to be honest. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Wow, that is dead even.  That’s pretty crazy that 4% of voting Texans still intend to break for a third party candidate.  I’d have guessed half that 

You shouldn’t be worried about Trump declaring victory on election night because he will. This was always going to happen.

But it doesn’t matter. Some people also seem to think that networks calling the election or a candidate conceding matters. The only thing that matters is each state certifying the vote count. Which always takes days if not weeks. Michigan took a few in 2016 iirc.

I do agree with trump that it’s bullshit that some of the states can’t move faster on Election Day. I’m hearing that some Pennsylvania counties are claiming they may not be able to open all of the mail in ballots on Election Day. Then hire more temp works. Shift other employees over to do that work.

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I'm guessing Trump is hoping for this scenario. 

With PA/WI counting votes late, will try to use courts to steal the election

BX7z7.png

For the ideal Trump map, you should also have AZ gray. Dems took their foot off the gas out there when Kelly started showing large leads on McSally. We should expect all 3 of AZ,WI and PA to not be known until some point on Wednesday. Hopefully in the morning.

omaha will be important if Trump takes PA.

7 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Fuck that, too bothsidesy.

I have yet to see any obnoxious jackasses in trucks sporting Biden flags and menacing others. Republican politicians and voters have done this. Anyone who supports them is complicit.

You realize that if Trump wins EV and PV that there is only one side right? 

You shouldn’t be worried about Trump declaring victory on election night because he will. This was always going to happen.
But it doesn’t matter. Some people also seem to think that networks calling the election or a candidate conceding matters. The only thing that matters is each state certifying the vote count. Which always takes days if not weeks. Michigan took a few in 2016 iirc.
I do agree with trump that it’s bullshit that some of the states can’t move faster on Election Day. I’m hearing that some Pennsylvania counties are claiming they may not be able to open all of the mail in ballots on Election Day. Then hire more temp works. Shift other employees over to do that work.

The Republican Pennsylvania legislature made it the law there that the mail in ballots can’t be counted until Election Day. The GOP set up this entire mess. They’re not letting officials count the ballots early, and now they’re arguing that because those ballots aren’t counted early they shouldn’t be counted. They’re un-democratic fucksticks.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What are we down to for a legitimate Trump win?

take PA

or, lose PA but take AZ, WI and Omaha? 

I know people consider FL, GA, NC and possibly TX in play for Dems but the smart money is that they all go red.

Trump needs PA. I don't see how he could win without PA

I guess he could lose PA if he gets WI & AZ but that seems less likely. 

4 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

The Republican Pennsylvania legislature made it the law there that the mail in ballots can’t be counted until Election Day. The GOP set up this entire mess. They’re not letting officials count the ballots early, and now they’re arguing that because those ballots aren’t counted early they shouldn’t be counted. They’re un-democratic fucksticks.

Elections have never been a football game with a clock running down to 0. They’re a baseball game that is over when it’s over.

no one credible in PA is saying to not count those votes. I haven’t heard anyone in the courts or DOJ say that mail in ballots are less than in person. I do hope that we don’t have morons in PA that wait days to finish the count.  It’s also BS that the large PA counties are not finding the budget to do this work faster. 

as for Trump attempting to burn down America as he goes out? 100% he is and will. But this is a consequence of people voting for him (or Gary Johnson) in 2016.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Trump needs PA. I don't see how he could win without PA

I guess he could lose PA if he gets WI & AZ but that seems less likely. 

I agree.  From what we know, this is Biden’s to lose. Trump has two walls to attack with PA seemingly to be the easiest.

And if Trump takes PA, I think it can all be due to the Dems insistence on screaming about fracking bans during the primaries. Dems always screw themselves with negative economic policies because what many people hear is, lost jobs.  Is fracking really a one-issue voter for any liberal? No. But threaten well paying jobs and you lose voters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I consider this good news. Trafalgar does a ton of polling (almost all favorable to Trump) and this guy is clearly a political operative. 

Yeah when hannity is having to explain detailed paths for a Trump victory, Fox is telling him it looks bad for trump. Not impossible but plan for it not happening.

hence why the next subject is always voter fraud and ultimately get the SCOTUS to decide. When you can’t win, change the rules.

Trump seems to have done everything possible to undermine his own victory should he win.  I’m not sure reasonable people could see his win as legitimate since he ran a campaign with no platform except, “here’s how I’m going to subvert the post office and steal the election in the courts.” 

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And I don’t say this lightly but fuck George W Bush for sitting by quietly for the past 4 years and especially recently.

im not expecting him to join Biden at rallies but I doubt he likes what he sees from trump. Except he’s too much of a coward to speak publicly. Like others I guess he’s afraid of the wrath of trump.

For someone that doesn’t seem to care what people think of him, he certaintly wants to maintain gop friends.

Agreed. I never want to hear “but at least W is a good person” shit. He had another chance to do the right thing and he failed like he always has. Fuck him. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

And I don’t say this lightly but fuck George W Bush for sitting by quietly for the past 4 years and especially recently.

im not expecting him to join Biden at rallies but I doubt he likes what he sees from trump. Except he’s too much of a coward to speak publicly. Like others I guess he’s afraid of the wrath of trump.

For someone that doesn’t seem to care what people think of him, he certaintly wants to maintain gop friends.

This goes for all the Bush family. Maybe they are staying quiet for the sake of JP Bush's political future in the republican party but fuck them. Speaking the fuck out against Trump shouldn't disrupt it.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The electoral college has to go. We should stop letting geography decide our president. 

The actual problem is Congressional apportionment.

Ensure that you have 1 Congressmen per 250k people and the electoral college point is moo.

Also, ensure that you have 1 Senator per 1M people.

The small states still get outsized influence, but it's not a decisive imbalance.

giphy.gif

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

The actual problem is Congressional apportionment.

Ensure that you have 1 Congressmen per 250k people and the electoral college point is moo.

Also, ensure that you have 1 Senator per 1M people.

The small states still get outsized influence, but it's not a decisive imbalance.

giphy.gif

That is hilarious and before the executive branch absorbed so much power. The house and senate are fine with minor tweaks. The executive is broken and not representative of the populous

Removing the electoral college requires getting the smaller states to agree to to lessen their power, via constitutional amendments. I don’t see that happening.

the correct moves, that can be done by a majority in Congress, is making DC and PR states, along with drastically increasing the size of the House. Both will increase the EC vote total and therefore align the EC more with the popular vote. I would also automatically set the House to grow as population increases.

if the Dems sweep, this should all be done in the first 100 days.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

That is hilarious and before the executive branch absorbed so much power. The house and senate are fine with minor tweaks. The executive is broken and not representative of the populous

Yep.

Reapportion Congress.
Re-empower Congress.

Imagine if these ghouls were constantly having to answer to popular desires.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Removing the electoral college requires getting the smaller states to agree to to lessen their power, via constitutional amendments. I don’t see that happening.

the correct moves, that can be done by a majority in Congress, is making DC and PR states, along with drastically increasing the size of the House. Both will increase the EC vote total and therefore align the EC more with the popular vote. I would also automatically set the House to grow as population increases.

if the Dems sweep, this should all be done in the first 100 days.

Lol no. The problem is those states need to be railroaded. Get people to move to your shitty state. 

To be fair to President Bush, he has been following the centuries long tradition of previous presidents not getting overly involved in subsequent elections.  Sure there's been examples, but most of the time-most former Presidents remain mostly quiet.  Bill Clinton hasn't been terribly visible for Biden during this final stretch.  Maybe in private donor-only Zoom calls or someshit, but he hasn't been that high profile for Biden.  Bush didn't really around Romney in 2012 either.  Carter was pretty quiet in 1992 for Clinton.  

And to be fair to those that think Obama should have remained off the campaign trail, he gets two passes from me---this is his former VP, not just some awkward blind date set up by the DNC.   It'd be weird not to stump for him.  And Obama was largely silent during the first 3 years of Trump's presidency, and I think that's the right decorum.  But once Trump started with the "Obama pulled the greatest political crime in American history" bullshit and wanted Obama arrested, Obama took off the decorum gloves and started insulting Trump and I love it.  I would have (in a pandemic responsible fashion) rolled up to the Dept. of Justice, invited 100 news cameras, and stood on the steps with my wrists together and proclaimed, "I'm here at President Trump's request to turn myself in for the greatest political crime in American history.  Apparently everybody knows about all the evidence, so I'll wait out here for ten minutes and they can bring it on out, present it to my lawyer, and take me in for questioning.  No evidence?  Then shut up and do your job, because---and I speak from experience---I don't know where you find the time to whine and hurl accusations most of the day."  /rant

Alright, back to Texas on Election Day.  What high turnout counties tomorrow spell good for Trump?  

45 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Elections have never been a football game with a clock running down to 0. They’re a baseball game that is over when it’s over.

no one credible in PA is saying to not count those votes. I haven’t heard anyone in the courts or DOJ say that mail in ballots are less than in person. I do hope that we don’t have morons in PA that wait days to finish the count.  It’s also BS that the large PA counties are not finding the budget to do this work faster. 

as for Trump attempting to burn down America as he goes out? 100% he is and will. But this is a consequence of people voting for him (or Gary Johnson) in 2016.

The two biggest counties in the state, Allegheny and Philadelphia are starting the count at 7:00am Tuesday. Those two counties account for almost 1/3 of the mail in votes in the state. I’m sure they are doing everything they can to get the count done as quickly as possible but at the end of the day they have to feed the ballots into a machine to count the votes so they can only go as fast as the machines they have will allow. 

The other thing to keep in mind is that they have to keep accepting and counting ballots for 3 days as long as they have a Tuesday post mark. So some people may think PA has 3 days to count the votes, there is no time limit (as far as I know) on counting. The time limit is on how long they can receive legally cast ballots. 

it took a week to count the primary votes. 

Edited by heso

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I would expand the house and abolish the senate, or just make the senators super representatives. Point is, the senate has outlived its usefulness. It’s just a built in veto against democracy. 

I think it's necessary to have the "slow down" of the Senate, but not in its current form with the bogus Cloture rules. The Cloture rules need to not be weaponized they need to be used for the purpose they were made for... housecleaning. Vote on shit on the docket quickly.