2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

19 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Nah, it'll just be nothing but bad teammate and Hugo arguing with everyone else. Progs vs. Shitlibs. And all of the Republicans/Trump voters who avoid the CR will come running back to spend the next four years complaining about Biden and pretending that they're really concerned about corruption and the deficit. 

It's gonna suck.

CLOSED Kramerica Serenity Now Sale: a few ASM's and Avengers -  Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards

21 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Trump running again in 2024 if he loses is a pretty popular theory and very well may happen. 

One aspect I don't think a lot of people are looking at is his ENTIRE administration (outside of his family, I guess) will sing like a canary if he loses the election. Book deals, exclusive interviews, etc. These grifters will cash in and burn Trump to the ground . We'll get a fuller picture about how much worse things really have been inside the White House for the last 4 years. 

These people watch a group of trucks surround a bus and fuck with it and convince themselves that the bus is at fault. No bombshell will move the needle with the base. 

It's amazing how far we've fallen. If Papa Bush had the same first term as Donald, Clinton would have won every fucking state. If Clinton had the same first term as Donald, Dubya would have won every fucking state. That was back when shit like screwing with what's important to a voter had immediate consequences. Now what's important is owning the Libs, so you see interviews of Republican voters saying they are voting for Donald again because they like what he's done. Bizarro world. 

28 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

They had 10 (however many others there were) better options in 2016 primaries.  I don't buy the "better candidate" theory.  They are all in on racism and "fuck the libs".  I'll believe differently when I see it. 

2016 was about insiders vs outsiders, establishment vs non... Trump was the right and only outsider candidate (obviously) to go against Clinton if they had any chance to win. 2016 was anti-Clinton as much as pro-Trump.

2020 is about Trump having delivered on what he promised... the left doesn't see it that way, but the right does. It's also been made all about Trump. The media is just as much to blame for giving him the platform and air instead of spending time on how Biden's vision is better. They've made this about Trump instead of the issues.

2024 he's either out of terms or he's the prior loser. If you believe the country is almost 50% racist and sexist and that's all his base is then I would quickly figure out why Trumps non-white support is growing and certainly figure out how "the worst President of all time hands down" can somehow win one and possibly two.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

If you believe the country is almost 50% racist and sexist and that's all his base is then I would quickly figure out why Trumps non-white support is growing and certainly figure out how "the worst President of all time hands down" can somehow win one and possibly two.

i'll grant you that i'm baffled by the first part, but i assure you i'm not on the second.

14 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Negged for dishonesty. They don't claim to represent Biden. No flags like the Trumpers. This event is not about the election. 

I'll go ahead and pre-empt your response about them likely being Biden supporters. That's not the point being made. The point is that Trumpists proudly identify themselves as primarily Trumpists, gather into gangs, show up armed, and harrass anyone that doesn't adhere to their lust for an autocracy to restore democracy and and make America great again (sic).

These people are identifying themselves as anti-police violence (murder, to be more precise), anti-racist, and (OMG!) probably anti-fascist.

Sell your lies where you will. There aren't many buyers around here anymore.

Also, in relation to that picture:

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/522509-feds-say-far-right-group-coordinated-attack-on-minneapolis-police-precinct

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

2016 was about insiders vs outsiders, establishment vs non... Trump was the right and only outsider candidate (obviously) to go against Clinton if they had any chance to win. 2016 was anti-Clinton as much as pro-Trump.

2020 is about Trump having delivered on what he promised... the left doesn't see it that way, but the right does. It's also been made all about Trump. The media is just as much to blame for giving him the platform and air instead of spending time on how Biden's vision is better. They've made this about Trump instead of the issues.

2024 he's either out of terms or he's the prior loser. If you believe the country is almost 50% racist and sexist and that's all his base is then I would quickly figure out why Trumps non-white support is growing and certainly figure out how "the worst President of all time hands down" can somehow win one and possibly two.

Trump campaign made a concerted effort to dig into the minority community. It’ll prove to be a bad move. 

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

It's not hard to figure out.  There was a time not long ago when Malcolm X and George Lincoln Rockwell bonded over their shared hatred of those with a vision of an inclusive and multicultural America.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Nah, it'll just be nothing but bad teammate and Hugo arguing with everyone else. Progs vs. Shitlibs. And all of the Republicans/Trump voters who avoid the CR will come running back to spend the next four years complaining about Biden and pretending that they're really concerned about corruption and the deficit. 

It's gonna suck.

That sounds great.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

1. Biden can't outlaw fracking on non-federal lands

2. there isn't much federal land in PA (see below that big red piece in the NW portion has zero O&G under it)

3. Energy Prices wouldn't skyrocket EVEN if federal land fracking was banned. 

4. In conclusion, Trump is a moron

1280px-Map_of_all_U.S._Federal_Land.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Eastwood said:

I think this would have a legitimate chance at creating a 3 party system over the next 10 years, if that's the case. If Rs get trounced this election, it will cause a panic in establishment Rs who have been there a while. I could see the Republican Party fracture into McConnell Rs and Trump Rs.

No. There can be no 3 party system in America (not long term anyway) as we just aren’t set up for that with our first past the post elections. 

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

My hope is while Trumpers wait on PA, Texas goes blue in a mic drop moment

9 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

If that happens, I will be on social media like this while reading my Trump friends' feeds....

tenor.gif?itemid=9856188

Several national commentators have mentioned this possibility. It will pull the rug out from under Trump on trying to claim national victory with PA early results, when he doesn't even hold a EC 270 majority because Texas just flipped.

But regardless go read Texags on this possibility. They're convinced that Texas will be Trump 10+, or fraud is involved. Outside of their delusional thoughts, they might believe it due to their echo chamber.

49 minutes ago, The Dog said:

The current VP is their former governor. It's not reasonable to expect them to vote otherwise. 

I'd be reluctant to give FL to anyone prior to them finishing counting since the place is so fucky. NV looks solid for Biden based on early vote numbers. 

Fine. Give FL to Trump and NV to Biden and Biden is still at 278

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. There can be no 3 party system in America (not long term anyway) as we just aren’t set up for that with our first past the post elections. 

Had an outdoor gathering with some liberal friends I don't normally talk politics with and she made a point that I hadn't fully thought of that led me to believe the Democratic Party is potentially as likely to fracture as the Republicans... the age gap between Democratic leadership and the vital blood of the party is 4 decades plus.

This liberal friend is the DCCC variety, the corporation-friendly, "we can't unilaterally disarm" type when it comes to rubbing lobbyist elbows and loving big donors. For years she's been scolding and chiding about how the young AOCs need to "work more closely" with the ancient vampires (not how she would describe them) like Pelosi and Hoyer and Clyburn. She's realizing that the ancient vampires would rather die clinging to power and guaranteeing Republican victory than pass the torch to anyone and that the party needs all of those people to actually literally die before it splinters into the Democratic party (center) and some kind of progressive party. RBG made this especially stark and obvious.

Stranger things have happened.

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

This is a legit possibility, but I'd temper it with the fact that Trump is hitting 50% in polls even where it's close. Most likely he's going to win Texas but by a very small margin. 

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Had an outdoor gathering with some liberal friends I don't normally talk politics with and she made a point that I hadn't fully thought of that led me to believe the Democratic Party is potentially as likely to fracture as the Republicans... the age gap between Democratic leadership and the vital blood of the party is 4 decades plus.

This liberal friend is the DCCC variety, the corporation-friendly, "we can't unilaterally disarm" type when it comes to rubbing lobbyist elbows and loving big donors. For years she's been scolding and chiding about how the young AOCs need to "work more closely" with the ancient vampires (not how she would describe them) like Pelosi and Hoyer and Clyburn. She's realizing that the ancient vampires would rather die clinging to power and guaranteeing Republican victory than pass the torch to anyone and that the party needs all of those people to actually literally die before it splinters into the Democratic party (center) and some kind of progressive party. RBG made this especially stark and obvious.

Don’t start throwing out your fantasies as some legitimate possibility.

12 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

2. there isn't much federal land in PA (see below that big red piece in the NW portion has zero O&G under it)

Outright ban - no. With Congress help (assume left takes control).. absolutely can make it economically unappealing.

22 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Every time I see this chart or a chart like this I am continuously amazed at just how much of the west is federal lands. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Same.  Told my dad last night that they keep fucking around about Penn but watch something crazy happen like Texas or Florida go blue. 

8 minutes ago, thepop said:

I think early voting in PA was essentially that a "mail in" ballot would be printed for the voter at the polling location, and then the voter would fill out and return the "mail in" ballot right away.  Are these numbers including the early votes?  Or just true "mail in" votes?

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

I wish the large PA counties, most likely controlled by Democrats, refuse to release the Election Day totals UNTIL they also have the mail-in ballots counted. Counter Trump's plan to declare victory.

And i've heard the excuse that the PA counties aren't allowed to open and count the ballots until tomorrow. They're doing their best. See Sean Connery's quote from The Rock about whining about doing their best. Go buy more vote counting machines. Hire more people. Harris County made it a priority by raising the vote mgmt budget >700%.  

14 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Sure- but the stasis will still be two parties. A third party will always be nothing more than a spoiler due to the way we run elections structurally.  Nobody wants to be a permanent spoiler. We are a two party system. But yeah- that’s not a disagreement with anything you’ve typed about it being possible to split the Dems. If I was a GOP operative that is literally where I’d focus 100% of my attention on. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

The price of crude oil is currently some 43% off its one-year high, and is well below the point where further fracking exploration doesn't make economic sense.  It's approaching the price where continued operation of existing wells doesn't make economic sense.

I'm not sure Biden would have to limit any fracking for fracking to "go away", at least until prices recover.  Noted natural resource economist Donald Trump wants low prices and continued fracking, which is not surprisingly off the mark.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

I like to read the politics board on here, TexAgs, and SicEm365. I've never seen such a wide disconnect between reality. The conservative boards are 100% sure that there will be a large Trump victory even in the popular vote. We are more cautious in saying we're going to win, but I don't think there are any of us that doubts Biden will win the popular vote. There's going to be some really shocked people out there.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Outright ban - no. With Congress help (assume left takes control).. absolutely can make it economically unappealing.

you're nuts if you think Biden's priority will be to discourage fracking tomorrow.  What's discourage fracking at the moment is the mismanagement of COVID that led to a decrease in O&G demand. I don't think Biden is the reason that everyone is losing their job at the moment. Or if Biden is the reason, I would love to hear more.

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I like to read the politics board on here, TexAgs, and SicEm365. I've never seen such a wider disconnect between reality. The conservative boards are 100%sure that there will be a large Trump victory even in the popular vote. We are more cautious in saying we're going to win, but I don't think there are any of us that doubts Biden will win the popular vote. There's going to be some really shocked people out there.

bEcUz TrUmP bOaT pArAdeS!

2 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

Bush is staying silent to protect the political future of his family.   

yeah.  George P. has already thrown his support to Trump. he's gone full Trumpster.  he thinks that's the way to win in Texas.  so Jeb and George W. aren't gonna cut George P.'s knees out from under him. at least not publicly.

funny thing is, if Texas turns blue in 2020 (or more likely in 2022/2024), then George P. should be stuck with the Scarlett MAGA on his chest.

indiana jones GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

you're nuts if you think Biden's priority will be to discourage fracking tomorrow.  What's discourage fracking at the moment is the mismanagement of COVID that led to a decrease in O&G demand. I don't think Biden is the reason that everyone is losing their job at the moment. Or if Biden is the reason, I would love to hear more.

Not disagreeing with you, in fact agree. But if he wanted to and Dems had majority in Congress, he most certainly could make it painful.  I agree that he won't though. That's why even mentioning it was stupid.