2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Every year in St. Louis when I was up there in law school the court cases were to allow the polls to stay open later,

You believe seeking to expand voter participation is equivalent to attempting to throw out votes? Good lord.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Omaha is pretty important for that scenario to play out, along with Maine's other congressional district. If you don't get Omaha  or all of Maine's CDs you pretty much have to count everything everywhere if Trump keeps NC, Florida, GA and Texas, which isn't a super big ask or anything if the election ends up being a close one. 

Biden is a pretty pretty strong favorite in both of Maine's districts and in Nebraska 2. If he loses both of those he's got much bigger problems than Arizona. I don't think the 269-269 scenario is very likely.

2 minutes ago, Texaspython said:

I was about to say, it’s really pretty eye opening had blatantly wrong he is about this. And he claims he’s an attorney?

No- I've claimed about a billion times I don't practice. Graduated from law school? Check.  Passed the bar?  Check. Do anything law related? nope. 

10 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I'm not super worried about the Trump shenanigans because in almost any scenario, he's going to be openly contradicting himself in front of the courts. Even his packed Supreme Court is really unlikely to let him stop PA but have AZ keep counting.

This is a reasonable take that is comforting to a point, but since when does he give a shit about openly contradicting himself.

In the event of a squeaker, they’ll have some kind of nonsensical argument made in bad faith and at a certain point his stacked courts will have to make a ruling. I hope the argument is so flimsy they tell Trump to kick rocks, but who knows. 

Edited by UncleSonny

Woman Hopes She Did Enough Worrying To Help Biden Campaign

spacer.png

ERIE, PA—Waiting on tenterhooks on the eve of the election, local woman Elise Stalter expressed her hope Monday that she had done enough worrying to help the Biden presidential campaign. “I’ve been panicking pretty much every day for the last few months, but now that there’s only one day left, I wonder if I could have done more,” said Stalter, admitting that while she had regularly taken to the streets to collapse in a puddle of despair, she couldn’t shake the feeling that she could have gone even further with her mental breakdown. “I’ve been sending out texts telling everyone I know that I’m constantly on the verge of a full-blown anxiety attack, and I’ve spent hundreds of dollars supporting a variety of self-soothing products. Now I just pray that I’ve experienced enough existential dread to make a difference.” At press time, Stalter consoled herself that she still had almost a full day to slip into a catatonic state.

Edited by Rimbo
hit submit inadvertently
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Biden is a pretty pretty strong favorite in both of Maine's districts and in Nebraska 2. If he loses both of those he's got much bigger problems than Arizona. I don't think the 269-269 scenario is very likely.

I agree. Was just pointing out that it's worth mentioning that to "stop the count b/c Biden's won on election night" that you were talking about, and kick off the celebration- Biden has to win both those CD's. I fully expect that he will. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

So when asked to point out Democratic attempts at voter disenfranchisement, WuLaw points to court cases the very purpose of which was to expand voting access. I’m concerned that a certain law school in St. Louis failed to teach the definition of the word “disenfranchise”. 

This isn’t difficult. The Republican nominee for president has won the popular vote exactly one time since 1992.  Their entire existence as a party in power is dependent upon the electoral college and suppressing votes. Wake the fuck up. 

And to the poster above who characterized “court packing” as voter disenfranchisement, you should be proud of yourself every morning you successfully tie your own shoes, because you are clearly a fucking imbecile.  

Dear god let this election end. 

Wulaw is a Republican, which means that he sees any attempt to ensure non-Republicans vote as disenfranchising him.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Just now, UncleSonny said:

I hope it the argument is so flimsy they tell Trump to kick rocks, but who knows. 

That's what I'm saying. Obviously he's going to try it. But he would literally be making both sides of the exact same argument to the exact same 9 people at the exact same time.

Even a very right-wing court is going to be impossibly hard-pressed to find a way to justify that. Whichever case they argue first would be establishing precedent. They'd also have to know that they'd be sending the country down a spiral of unrest and possibly violence. I know we're about DOOM here, but I just don't think the Supreme Court is quite that cynical. 

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

California vote harvesting. Basically e dry election ever when Missouri was close with 90+ Dem precincts voting extensions. 
Elections are really important things. To think that you wouldn’t, at a minimum, shade things to your benefit is crazy. It ignores all cheating we see in all areas of life. I’m supposed to believe we have rampant cheating in sports, we have college admissions scandals but politics is the one area where we are totally and completely fair minded?  It ignores the nature of human behavior. 

So actual enfranchisement in CA and fighting against disenfranchisement in MO.  Neither are the same as tossing out ballots or preventing access to the polls. 

To use your sports analogy. The Dems may use steroids. The GOP murders the other team to force a forfeit.  They are not the same thing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Wulaw is a Republican, which means that he sees any attempt to ensure non-Republicans vote as disenfranchising him.

It’s the same shit with alleged media bias. Anything that disagrees with GOP talking points is “liberal bias.” That includes facts, data, science, mathematics, and the actual words of the Bible.

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

This is a reasonable take that is comforting to a point, but since when does he give a shit about openly contradicting himself.

In the event of a squeaker, they’ll have some kind of nonsensical argument made in bad faith and at a certain point his stacked courts will have to make a ruling. I hope the argument is so flimsy they tell Trump to kick rocks, but who knows. 

chewbacca140722.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s still a bit of mystery why this board went so far off the deep end and my only conclusion is the owners of the site are pieces of shit. 

Let's just use Occam's Razor and roll with the fact that everyone who lives in Louisiana outside of NOLA is basically Ed Orgeron.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The fuck? The position that the drive-thru voting is illegal is fucking meritless

I'm not sure it's wholly meritless.

Apparently, the Election Code provides that polling places must have workers that will come out to cars so that disabled and unhealthy people need not come into the polling place.  That is legal, but restricted to disabled and unhealthy people.

However, Harris County doesn't do drive through voting at regular polling places, so arguably it's not impacted by the Election Code.

It may not be a strong argument, but it is facially plausible.  As is the interpretation that if voting in your car is not done at a regular walk-in polling place, then it's not restricted to the infirm.

The remedy of throwing out votes cast in good faith compliance with the law is fucking bullshit of the purest ray serene.  That is utter dogshit.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

SWEATERGAWD

You have got to be shitting me!

It's part of your home as far as right to carry is concerned.  You can leave a gun in your car parked on your company parking lot even if your company does not permit them in the building.

Is this how that works?

22 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Regarding the AZ poll from Marist, been pointed out that they strangely show Biden and Trump tied at 49-49 with white voters but Biden only ahead 49-45 with latinos. No other recent poll of AZ has shown Biden doing any worse than +20 with latinos. +4 is an extreme outlier.

Yeah, uhmmmm, neither of those numbers seem right on white's or Latinos. 

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure it's wholly meritless.

Apparently, the Election Code provides that polling places must have workers that will come out to cars so that disabled and unhealthy people need not come into the polling place.  That is legal, but restricted to disabled and unhealthy people.

However, Harris County doesn't do drive through voting at regular polling places, so arguably it's not impacted by the Election Code.

It may not be a strong argument, but it is facially plausible.  As is the interpretation that if voting in your car is not done at a regular walk-in polling place, then it's not restricted to the infirm.

C'mon man, it's fucking meritless. The elections code gives the county the authority to establish temporary early voting locations in both stationary and movable structures, so either way a tent fucking qualifies. The Secretary of State, the state's chief election official, signed off on it. These acts were all done consistent with a good faith interpretation of the elections code.

Now, that doesn't mean some piece of shit judges who don't like high Democrat turnout won't rule otherwise. But it'd be a 100% bullshit decision and a complete insult to the idea of America as a rule of law nation. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Yep, it's honestly kind of troubling to me. The disparity is enormous. See: https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/politics/

13 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s still a bit of mystery why this board went so far off the deep end and my only conclusion is the owners of the site are pieces of shit. 

Message boards can easily devolve into an echo chamber as they run off people that have minority views. That's occurred here to a certain extent. Very vocal far right conservatives used to be more prominent here, especially on TOS, but they've slowly been ignored here so they left. Or moved to DT. I think many here couldn't stand defending Trump because they're rational enough to understand there is no defense. 

I imagine that if you were a rational moderate or liberal on texags, you would get tired quickly of trying to argue against 99% crazy people. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Message boards can easily devolve into an echo chamber as they run off people that have minority views. That's occurred here to a certain extent. Very vocal far right conservatives used to be more prominent here, especially on TOS, but they've slowly been ignored here so they left. Or moved to DT. I think many here couldn't stand defending Trump because they're rational enough to understand there is no defense. 

I imagine that if you were a rational moderate or liberal on texags, you would get tired quickly of trying to argue against 99% crazy people. 

Agreed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Uh, I was banned on tigerdroppings and I’d probably be banned on Texags. It has everything to do with who holds the power to suppress voices of dissent.